Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2023, 10:53 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Few games in:

Pros
- Punches are impactful/visceral.
- Graphics.
- Stare down at the player select is a nice touch.

Cons
- Character movement is very bad. Extremely stiff and robotic. There is absolutely NO organic movement in the waist and leg area. The upgrade in the graphics makes the movement look even worse.
- It appears to be UFC 4 with a pretty coat of paint.

Current thoughts
- I'm not sure what happened internally with the dev team, but this one seems phoned in. I was initially excited and thought that physics would be integrated into the character movement due to the next level power of the current generation systems, but physics appear to be ignored. I haven't tried the CAF slots yet, but I've heard there were more of them? With that said, can you create CAFs and integrate them all into your career mode (I think I already know the answer, if I'm proved wrong I'll be elated!)

The only thing that could possibly move me to purchase UFC 5, is if Undisputed Boxing doesn't drop their career mode within the next week or two, simply because I'm itching for a fighting game with some semblance of a career mode right now. Steel City interactive should strike while the iron is hot as UFC 5 is NOT the juggernaut that I thought it would be. Dev team needs a completely new vision board imo.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:24 AM   #18
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

I was excited about the game until I saw actual gameplay. The damage looks really good. But something about the movement that just seems... idk, old or something.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:16 AM   #19
Rookie

I have gamepass so ea play is included. Turned it off after an hour.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:56 AM   #20
MVP

played my first few rankeds and man block is useless, stamina is to high ...
Old 10-24-2023, 10:00 AM   #21
Pro

Got a few hours in last night and I am pleasantly surprised. Will be a day one purchase, some of the fights I had on simulation mode where the most fun I've had in years on an MMA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 10:08 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Got a few hours in last night and I am pleasantly surprised. Will be a day one purchase, some of the fights I had on simulation mode where the most fun I've had in years on an MMA game.
I agree here 100%. Offline simulation has been a blast. What difficulty did you play on?
Old 10-24-2023, 10:34 AM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The sub system is awesome. I really like it a lot. Add to that the struggle/burn stamina feature they added in there make for some interesting sub battles. Had some really good ground fights against Tito Ortiz with Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson. Tito is no joke on the ground. Had a doctor stoppage last night, which was cool. Body shots are powerful and I like it. Forgot who I was fighting against, but it was the very beginning of the fight and they hit me clean with a knee to the gut and my character dropped like a rock. Completely knocked the wind out of me.

Played with Tyson, Fedor and Ali. Ali have the fast blazing punches. Roster is pretty deep. A lot of legends and a lot of well known fighters from the past on the roster. A lot of options and sliders in the game too. So you can have the controls as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. They even have a slider for cut damage. This is the most fun I had with a UFC game since Undisputed.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:34 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
I agree here 100%. Offline simulation has been a blast. What difficulty did you play on?
Eventually moved up to hard. I think that will be where I end up where it's a challenge but not impossible. I'm gonna check out Pro tonight but even on normal the AI for some fighters was wild (Adesanya was piecing me up on normal with virtually anybody I tried)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »