Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2023, 01:10 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I dislike the fact that only maybe 2 or 3 fighters in the game have a kneebar and ankle lock. Same thing with a rubber guard. That is BS. Every BJJ and Sambo fighter should have access to the kneebar and ankle lock. Every BJJ fighter should have access to the rubber guard and butterfly guard. The submissions available is just overall severely lacking.

99% of the roster just have kimura, triangle choke and arm bar. That is stupid. But yet everybody in the game can power slam their opponent like their Daniel Cormier. Make no sense what so ever.
I may be incorrect, but I don't think anyone has a kneebar or ankle lock in this game. I thought only heel hooks were included.

Who has the others?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2023, 12:15 PM   #82
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Best ufc game for sure
Old 12-26-2023, 08:20 PM   #83
Rookie

I have a hard time understanding how a fighter has priority over the other for the next strike after missing a superman punch.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:50 AM   #84
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I went back to UFC 3 and UFC Undisputed 3 for my Pride fix. UFC 5 is just way too stripped down for my liking. In UFC 3 you have dozens of submission moves, clinch battles, foot stomps, shoulder thrusts. Ground and pound is an actual thing in UFC 3. There are also way more variety of takedowns and throws in UFC 3, along with ground sweeps. I like how in UFC 3 you can pin somebody up against the cage and work them over for as long as you can control them. Also like in UFC 3 takedowns aren't always automatic, you have to struggle at times in transition battles.

Maybe one day the future UFC games can get back to the level that UFC 3 was.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:16 AM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
I went back to UFC 3 and UFC Undisputed 3 for my Pride fix. UFC 5 is just way too stripped down for my liking. In UFC 3 you have dozens of submission moves, clinch battles, foot stomps, shoulder thrusts. Ground and pound is an actual thing in UFC 3. There are also way more variety of takedowns and throws in UFC 3, along with ground sweeps. I like how in UFC 3 you can pin somebody up against the cage and work them over for as long as you can control them. Also like in UFC 3 takedowns aren't always automatic, you have to struggle at times in transition battles.

Maybe one day the future UFC games can get back to the level that UFC 3 was.

For sure. Undisputed 3 did a LOT right, no doubt about it. It also had some severe shortcomings because of their damage system which always resulted in that 1 hit KO at the start of the next round. I recall the devs talking about how that was difficult for them to tweak.

Man, I REALLY wish the EA devs would read these things just so they can see how far off the mark they have went with what is really necessary in an MMA game.

Again, it wasn't perfect, but you'd be hard pressed to find a person who doesn't want ALL of those features in the nowaday EA games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 10:57 AM   #86
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well the thing is, UFC 3 damage system can be reproduced in UFC 5 with the UFC 5 sliders. UFC 5 sliders by default have a lot of things in the negative so one really isn't getting the full of effect of things. Which is why you can blindly swing and go for things in UFC 5 in rapid succession. Which is why fighters can take more damage in UFC 5.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:49 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Well the thing is, UFC 3 damage system can be reproduced in UFC 5 with the UFC 5 sliders. UFC 5 sliders by default have a lot of things in the negative so one really isn't getting the full of effect of things. Which is why you can blindly swing and go for things in UFC 5 in rapid succession. Which is why fighters can take more damage in UFC 5.
Ah maybe I didn't explain my point well.

What I was saying is, the UFC3 damage system was one of the negative aspects of the game. In no way would I want that in EA UFC 5, even if it CAN be reproduced.

What I remember Dravin (I think that was his name?) saying was that in UFC3 the head damage was like a hidden meter than slowly filled up as damage accumulated, and when that "hidden meter" was full, it was lights out.

Which kinda makes sense, but the issue was that it never recovered at all during rounds. So if you have a bad first round and took some shots, you entered Round 2 as if Round 1 never ended. So you could walk out to a jab that KOed you.

For me, that was the only aspect that kept that game from being PERFECT!
Old 03-11-2024, 04:35 PM   #88
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

The whole graphics package is years behind. The tale of the tape package in the game is outdated. There’s a bug where if your fighter is wearing white shorts it shows up as green on the ticker. Anik doesn’t provide commentary for the tale of the tape, Bruce Buffer no longer announces anything except for fighting out of the red/blue corner and then the fighters name, no professional record or fighting out of or height and weight, to me it’s all really stupid because this stuff WAS in the game. Another small nitpick but since it’s ea sports and it’s supposed to be “in the game” the venum shorts are wonky, the last name of the fighter is supposed to be red on the shorts but instead it’s in a white font even on white colored shorts, they got rid of the shorter vale tudo shorts and now everyone has the longer version that almost reaches the fighters knees. I mean EA, this is a load of ****, this stuff has been in the game, there is absolutely zero excuse for it not to be in EA UFC ****ing 5. The FIFTH version of this game. We have regressed while switching to an engine that promised to make the game look better, instead, the laziness and lack of attention to detail by the dev team is glaringly obvious, it would be one thing if it was a new addition that hasn’t been added yet, and I would have some grace because game development is not easy I know that (it should be expected tho cause yk “if it’s in the game it’s in the game”) but this stuff was in the game in previous years and with zero explanation is not anymore.

Another small rant, character models, there are some DAMN good character models in this game, heavyweight Jon Jones looks amazing, so does Tai Tuivasa, the models that have been updated this past year look fantastic, however, Conor Mcgregor looks horrible, so does Stipe, Stipe looks like a damn middle weight with his model, and O Malley looks like a jacked welterweight when he’s a lanky 135er. There should be no excuse for EA not to go back over every single fighter they have in the game and redo their model or at least touch it up.

One final thing that I think EA needs to do a better job on is the roster. Specifically when it comes to legends and fighters that don’t actual compete in the ufc, yes that means Bruce buffer and Dana white, not saying that they shouldn’t be in the game, but I should not see them when I’m looking at the roster. Legends included, they need their own pool or own game mode, similar to how nba 2k does this with eras, if I want to play as the iceman I want the feel of the arena to be that of 2006, not 2024. Likewise, when you load up the game and go to the fighter selection screen, you should only be able to view CURRENT ufc fighters. Alter egos are a fun idea, but again, they should have their own gamemode or be off on the side when I’m selecting my fighter. Ea also needs to do a better job with keeping up to date on who’s actually signed to the ufc, Gohkan Saki, Yancy Mediredos(def didn’t spell that right lol) are the two that come to mind immediately, need to be removed as they are no longer with the company.

I won’t talk about gameplay that much as I believe this is the one area where I can see some improvements on, I do however wish that they took the undisputed series route and gave fighters their own specific combos, strikes, takedowns, subs, etc. this would give really give the game a fresh coat of paint, Poatans leg kick should feel different than Jon Jones. Not everyone should be able to throw a sidekick to the body. Fighters like Izzy and MVP(when they hopefully add him) should have a different feel when you’re striking with them) and once again if I throw a left hook with Poatan, it should look like his iconic punch. Input delay also needs to be addressed badly

It’s not all bad, like I said, gameplay is getting better on some levels(not all) and the new damage system is fantastic and should be a great foundation for the future, the new sub system is interesting and I like it(although you cannot choke someone unconscious or break a limb like you could in UFC 4, another feature taken out for no reason) the game has its moments, but I would really like the dev team to take more time off if it meant releasing a game that made the fans happy, 4 and 5 felt super rushed. But maybe just maybe ea pulls through

A repost of what I posted on another thread but I feel like it would have a better home on this one

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »