Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2023, 04:20 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
No, in the situation you're describing you are severely rocked and just need to survive. You can block with RT and sway using the right stick, but I'll forewarn that the sway is working... questionably from some positions. My go to in this situation is just hold RT to block until that timer runs out, then try to sway the punches. If you time it right, you'll sweep them into a dominant position, but it can take some practice.

The other guy explained it but there are effectively three postions you can end up in a knockdown scenario:

1. You'll get knocked down and immediately get up, this is by design, and you'll usually notice them because even when the opponent gets near you,. you'll be in an animation where they won't be able to hit/interact with you at all until you're back up

2. A knockdown that doesn't rock you but you don't get up from. From here, you can either move the right stick up to stand up before your opponent gets to you, or your opponent gets to you first and either drops a flying strike, or engages in grappling (Usually from a stacked standing position). In these scenarios, you can start grappling once they are in position to, but I believe they get a slight grapple advantage here so denying the initial transition will be difficult

3. A knockdown you get rocked from. These look visually the same as #2 (If you turn rocked moments off) but the attacking fighter will drop into a "finishing" position (Usually pretty clear as you will have no grappling meter and the attacking fighter will be throwing strikes at a rate not seen anywhere else in the game). From here, you have no grappling abilities, you can only block, sway and pray that the fighter on top doesn't finish you in the timer. If you survive long enough, your fighter will pull the other one down and grappling will begin. If you fail to survive, that would generally finish the fight via TKO

Hope this helps

EDIT: Looking at your original post, the seated cage position isn't really "Grappling" in the sense that it plays out based on what's happened before in the fight. You should be able to block in this scenario, although how effective it is isn't really seen. I'd say... 7/10 times your fighter will survive, you'll end up in a standing position against the cage. I almost always do takedown denial (RT + LT) in this situation as it's very easy for the attacking fighter to do a jude throw on you from this position. Other situations on the cage would be either a straight KO, or a situation where the defending fighter ends up in the opponents mount. In the case of the instant KO, there's nothing you can do. You were technically already KO'd but the cage saved you, so this is just showcasing that final finishing blow. In the event you get pulled into a mount, this falls under #3 as I described earlier where you need to block and sway to get one more chance, but if your in the situation where mount is being applied you're in a bad spot and frankly, the end is near
the game sometimes "save you" because of the bad camera angle or the way you drop, that sorta break dance animation were you get you block and health revered a bit, since I think there are only two finish positions mount and side control standing
Old 11-03-2023, 06:32 PM   #74
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
No, in the situation you're describing you are severely rocked and just need to survive. You can block with RT and sway using the right stick, but I'll forewarn that the sway is working... questionably from some positions. My go to in this situation is just hold RT to block until that timer runs out, then try to sway the punches. If you time it right, you'll sweep them into a dominant position, but it can take some practice.

The other guy explained it but there are effectively three postions you can end up in a knockdown scenario:

1. You'll get knocked down and immediately get up, this is by design, and you'll usually notice them because even when the opponent gets near you,. you'll be in an animation where they won't be able to hit/interact with you at all until you're back up

2. A knockdown that doesn't rock you but you don't get up from. From here, you can either move the right stick up to stand up before your opponent gets to you, or your opponent gets to you first and either drops a flying strike, or engages in grappling (Usually from a stacked standing position). In these scenarios, you can start grappling once they are in position to, but I believe they get a slight grapple advantage here so denying the initial transition will be difficult

3. A knockdown you get rocked from. These look visually the same as #2 (If you turn rocked moments off) but the attacking fighter will drop into a "finishing" position (Usually pretty clear as you will have no grappling meter and the attacking fighter will be throwing strikes at a rate not seen anywhere else in the game). From here, you have no grappling abilities, you can only block, sway and pray that the fighter on top doesn't finish you in the timer. If you survive long enough, your fighter will pull the other one down and grappling will begin. If you fail to survive, that would generally finish the fight via TKO

Hope this helps

EDIT: Looking at your original post, the seated cage position isn't really "Grappling" in the sense that it plays out based on what's happened before in the fight. You should be able to block in this scenario, although how effective it is isn't really seen. I'd say... 7/10 times your fighter will survive, you'll end up in a standing position against the cage. I almost always do takedown denial (RT + LT) in this situation as it's very easy for the attacking fighter to do a jude throw on you from this position. Other situations on the cage would be either a straight KO, or a situation where the defending fighter ends up in the opponents mount. In the case of the instant KO, there's nothing you can do. You were technically already KO'd but the cage saved you, so this is just showcasing that final finishing blow. In the event you get pulled into a mount, this falls under #3 as I described earlier where you need to block and sway to get one more chance, but if your in the situation where mount is being applied you're in a bad spot and frankly, the end is near
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
the game sometimes "save you" because of the bad camera angle or the way you drop, that sorta break dance animation were you get you block and health revered a bit, since I think there are only two finish positions mount and side control standing

I super appreciate this level of reply and advice, truly!

Buuuuuuut, none of it addresses what I actually meant....I can't do anything!
No sway, no block. I just lay there, with no prompts.

I can't imagine this is correct.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:51 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
I super appreciate this level of reply and advice, truly!

Buuuuuuut, none of it addresses what I actually meant....I can't do anything!
No sway, no block. I just lay there, with no prompts.

I can't imagine this is correct.
well I just read again what you have said, when you go up again in the cage you have to move pressing the left analog, body knees in the clinch against the cage sometimes you can't block it, don't know why...

in the knockdown maybe ist how the animation play, you have to wait until the animation ends and your opponent is in the position to strike you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 07:37 PM   #76
Pro

Career mode is exactly the same as expected, plus some bugs that got introduced, or rather got leftover after the "conversion" and are still there but make no sense. It's mostly text-related.

I went 44-0 during legendary career (which I never managed in the former games) but was one FOTN short of being GOAT as I stayed at WFA until I became a champion. I was somehow never offered the chance to be a double champion. Pretty weird for someone undefeated.
Old 11-09-2023, 01:15 PM   #77
Rookie

Is there anyway we can give some of the Legacy fighters their appropriate shorts?

It's so odd to see Hua and Rampage without their iconic short shorts and camo shorts.

Is there a way?
Old 11-10-2023, 08:29 AM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Is there anyway we can give some of the Legacy fighters their appropriate shorts?

It's so odd to see Hua and Rampage without their iconic short shorts and camo shorts.

Is there a way?
probably paying an alter ego... I would definitely buy, pride rua, pride rampage, pride Wanderlei silva, young arlovski, young robbie lawler, young nick diaz and etc... yes I'm a nostalgic mma fan
Old 11-10-2023, 09:29 PM   #79
Rookie

I still cannot understand why when playing offline I am still experiencing crazy glitches, and fighters transporting across the screen, and horrible lag.

I have never seen any game play like this before. What is going on?

Also, is there a glitch where you don't hear the end of the round bell/horn? I've yet to hear it.

The round merely ends.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:03 PM   #80
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I dislike the fact that only maybe 2 or 3 fighters in the game have a kneebar and ankle lock. Same thing with a rubber guard. That is BS. Every BJJ and Sambo fighter should have access to the kneebar and ankle lock. Every BJJ fighter should have access to the rubber guard and butterfly guard. The submissions available is just overall severely lacking.

99% of the roster just have kimura, triangle choke and arm bar. That is stupid. But yet everybody in the game can power slam their opponent like their Daniel Cormier. Make no sense what so ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »