Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2023, 06:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

noticed also that they need to tune hit detection sometimes feels like ea ufc 1 were punções landed feel kind of soft dont know if is lack of vibration in the controller...
Old 10-25-2023, 06:27 AM   #34
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Found a pretty serious problem in career mode. Simming training sessions does not provide enough fitness to get the player to peak fitness by the time training camp ends. It's really annoying going into every fight with debuffs to cardio and recovery.

This can't be intentional, right? Simming these training sessions was advertised as a feature in their game modes deep dive, so surely they wouldn't punish you for using it?
Old 10-25-2023, 08:33 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiseup
Played a fair amount of career mode during the EA play trial and while I didn't have super high hopes, there's pretty much nothing changed at all. I feel like this has been the least amount of iterative change ever between the EA UFC titles (for career mode). The sheer lack of changes makes me wonder if somehow the change to Frostbite actually took up most of their resources.

As EA themselves often note, Career mode is the most played mode. So why didn't they try and update it in any meaningful way.

My main issues with career mode are as follows:
  • - The single addition, simming training, doesn't work consistently. Sometimes things show up as having been simmed and sometimes it doesn't.
  • - It's somehow extremely difficult to reach peak condition even with a 6 week training camp. And when you do you're usually just on the cusp of moderate health. Considering I've done several camps where all I do is train, I don't see how I could ever reach overtraining.
  • - Training partners are once again are all terrible sparring partners, out to hurt you and often more aggressive than the real fight itself. It's the same issue as UFC 4 but apparently I'm supposed to put up with this for 3 more years?!
  • - All fighters, and I mean ALL, rely on a super weird running punch animation that is somehow the quickest animation in the game? It's weird to be controlling distance and then for the opponent to skate across the floor in record time and land a hook.
  • - The lack of at least showing you move up the fight card or to even show a full entrance (you always start out already in the ring) means you never feel like you're rising up the ranks.
  • - The commentary doesn't even talk about your place in the rankings, fight streak or anything else past what was already in UFC 4.

Overall, this game is poor and not worth buying. I'll wait for Undisputed to drop their career mode instead.
I stand slightly corrected here. There are walk outs, but only when you're challenging for the title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 12:32 PM   #36
MVP

So my final review about this game:
I'm not gonna lie, it has a lot of potential to be the best EA UFC game but they need to fix things.
We don't get to know the flows until we play against exploiters and spammers so that's what I noticed in ranked fights

1- Stamina is to forgiving and the bar is raising as fast as hell

2- the block bar doesn't recover as fast as the stamina bar and is depleting with like 2 jabs

3- as much the game is more responsive, some commands are not, mid kicks are more delayed than uf4 and with a bad hit detection, a lot of times we get stuck when we try to say after a strike in the block.

4 footwork changes didn't change nothing so over aggressive players are just running through your block

5- the game hit detection overall is bad... a lot of strikes are connecting and doing nothing.

I really liked the new cross animations, the speed of gnp and the sub system that in my point of view should be how the ground game should work, but the game needs a correction patch, nothing new since it is always needed
Old 10-25-2023, 05:36 PM   #37
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Any thoughts on which console version may be better? PS5 or Xbox?
Old 10-25-2023, 07:27 PM   #38
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Is it just me or is the AI throwing way too much spinning ****?
Old 10-25-2023, 07:54 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Is it just me or is the AI throwing way too much spinning ****?
What difficulty? What mode? And what settings?
Old 10-25-2023, 08:27 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel8pig
I play online quick matches. Ive basically done it since undisputed 3. I know how to play an mma game. This is the single most frustrating experience ive EVER HAD. NOTHING MAKES SENSE! I counter and evade = opponent strikes I get rocked. I beat my opponent in rythm by miles in a combo fight = I get rocked. I can go on and on. Its ****ing terrible! I hate ****ing EA and Im done with this ****ing franchise. Its so ****ing bad that I really dont what to say? Spammers delight??????????????!!!!!!!!!! **** EA!!!!!!!!!!!!
there's a problem in the block bar and in the stamina, also headmovement is kinda unresponsive after a blocked strike... I noticed that moving isolated kicks to the body are paper... the opponent can strike through it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »