Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2023, 11:48 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
I was excited about the game until I saw actual gameplay. The damage looks really good. But something about the movement that just seems... idk, old or something.
Yes, agree there. Everything LOOKS amazing graphics wise. However, this has made the contrast between the graphics/art and the player movement/interaction even MORE apparent than before. This issue needs to be rectified. You have 2023 graphics with 1990s player locomotion and physics integration, which is completely off putting/jarring.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 10-24-2023 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 11:51 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Been watching a ton of videos the last 2 days, I believe I convinced myself I'll get a PS5 and this game this weekend.

That said, WOW do those KO's look hoooooorrible.

I've yet to see a single one yet that looks believable; or good. lol

edit: hooooooowever, as a BJJ practitioner for the last 14 years myself, I SURE am looking forward to this new sub system that looks SWEET.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:12 PM   #27
Rookie

Have to say I’m pleasantly surprised and impressed by how the game plays. Inputs are truly more responsive, there feels like more of an impact on strikes, and the damage system really seems to work. But above all, the CPU on simulation mode makes for much better fights.

Although disappointed by the lack of new fighters to the roster, we did get 3 years of post launch support on UFC 4 so I trust they’ll continue to add to the roster.

My only other complaint is no Pride mode, even though I know it’s a pipe dream. Even just different options of lower level fights in career would be great. Going full out like Undisputed seems to be unlikely, but I’d love more of that immersion.

Again, those complaints aside, they’ve really made the offline game play much better and that alone is worth the purchase to me.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Observations
I've mainly played AI pro matches thus far.

- I can see why some people are saying not much changed. The doctor stoppage system is under the hood effects. The stoppage is rare. It kind of leaves the TBS submission and ground elbows as the main highly visible features (if you are offline player). I still like the game but I get how others' are feeling. But in the end, I'm indoctrinated into this series. I played UFC 4 to death. I'm enjoying UFC 5. Take that FWIW...

- Using O'Malley vs. Aljo (Pro AI). I saw Aljo AI stand up from various positions including full mount... Aljo was beating me up consistently on the ground. I was zero threat. This was a problem in UFC 4 as well.

- I really wished they invested in fighter uniqueness more, especially for the top 10 in each division.

- They kept adding fighters via DLC throughout the years so the roster is decently updated. The optics of not having any "new fighters" on rlease is bad though.

- Still getting used to TBS submissions. Starting a career mode with submission fighter as my tutorial. I have yet to gauge how easy/hard it is to submit the AI.

- I play Simulation mode so stamina seems well tuned for me. Judges' scorecards are a nice small addition.
Old 10-24-2023, 01:16 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Been watching a ton of videos the last 2 days, I believe I convinced myself I'll get a PS5 and this game this weekend.

That said, WOW do those KO's look hoooooorrible.

I've yet to see a single one yet that looks believable; or good. lol

edit: hooooooowever, as a BJJ practitioner for the last 14 years myself, I SURE am looking forward to this new sub system that looks SWEET.
Funny that everyone keeps bringing up the KO's. I think they're the best they've looked since UFC 2
Old 10-24-2023, 03:32 PM   #30
MVP

ranked is already full of exploiters, head movement is unresponsive when u block a jab first
Old 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM   #31
Rookie

Played a little bit online last night, and the only thing that really stuck out to me was the submission system. The transition-based subs are awesome, but really disappointed in the lack of additional striking animations and fighter uniqueness. Probably not buying this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 04:44 PM   #32
Rookie

Played a fair amount of career mode during the EA play trial and while I didn't have super high hopes, there's pretty much nothing changed at all. I feel like this has been the least amount of iterative change ever between the EA UFC titles (for career mode). The sheer lack of changes makes me wonder if somehow the change to Frostbite actually took up most of their resources.

As EA themselves often note, Career mode is the most played mode. So why didn't they try and update it in any meaningful way.

My main issues with career mode are as follows:
  • - The single addition, simming training, doesn't work consistently. Sometimes things show up as having been simmed and sometimes it doesn't.
  • - It's somehow extremely difficult to reach peak condition even with a 6 week training camp. And when you do you're usually just on the cusp of moderate health. Considering I've done several camps where all I do is train, I don't see how I could ever reach overtraining.
  • - Training partners are once again are all terrible sparring partners, out to hurt you and often more aggressive than the real fight itself. It's the same issue as UFC 4 but apparently I'm supposed to put up with this for 3 more years?!
  • - All fighters, and I mean ALL, rely on a super weird running punch animation that is somehow the quickest animation in the game? It's weird to be controlling distance and then for the opponent to skate across the floor in record time and land a hook.
  • - The lack of at least showing you move up the fight card or to even show a full entrance (you always start out already in the ring) means you never feel like you're rising up the ranks.
  • - The commentary doesn't even talk about your place in the rankings, fight streak or anything else past what was already in UFC 4.

Overall, this game is poor and not worth buying. I'll wait for Undisputed to drop their career mode instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »