Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2024, 02:16 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports sending out player NIL contracts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Didn't we have to pay for certain uniform packs in NCAA 14? I'm glad all uni's including alternates will be in the game already.
I'm sure they are going to find ways to add DLC. Besides UT, the goal from higher ups is always to bring in more revenue. I could historic uniform packs. I just have disappointing feeling that we will see Microtransactions in offline modes.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:32 PM   #50
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm surprised Pollack made the cut with him no longer being in ESPN. So his may be ultimate team or tweets or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Desmond Howard is in as well. We’re definitely getting College Gameday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2024, 02:40 PM   #51
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'm sure they are going to find ways to add DLC. Besides UT, the goal from higher ups is always to bring in more revenue. I could historic uniform packs. I just have disappointing feeling that we will see Microtransactions in offline modes.
I could definitely see it with regards to "NIL money"...being able to purchase XP or whatever they choose to do with NIL spending in order to have more of it to go after portal players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 02:45 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll be honest, I'd be willing to pay additional $ for improvements to Dynasty mode and CPU play if it was actual quality EA was bringing in.

Honestly, I'd almost rather the sports games move to a new model instead of staying with the annual release.

Let me buy this game this year, then just continue to provide support for it. When next season rolls around, throw me a roster update for $40 if I want it. Have wipes for Ultimate Team each season. If I want named coaches in the game, throw another $20 DLC that I can buy to get them into the game.

I know we are getting off topic a little with this, but the annual release cycle is clearly leading to stagnation in all sports games. The Show hardly changes, Madden progresses slowly, NBA 2k improves slowly(though it is packed full of content at least). Screw it, I'm an adult with money, I'd rather pay a little more for updates over time if it meant they got to have a continuous cycle that allowed them to build on the game in a way that's not as easy with the annual cycle. If it meant I paid a little more, I'll live.

All the games that I regularly play now are pretty much all games that are setup like this. They are either paid games that still get updates years after release with some MTX that are not pay to win as options, or they are completely free to play games where you buy cosmetics which fund their team to continue to pump out updates regularly. I'd be 100% down for sports games to move on from being annual releases to becoming platforms that are updated continuously.

― Plato
Old 02-22-2024, 03:02 PM   #53
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

I'm going to 100% agree with you and sports games should take the live service model.

I'm not sure how that could be done to where it doesn't harm the ones that don't want to be done. They are talks about the 1-AA teams not being around at launch something like like 10 teams for x amount of $.

The reason the MUT modes are around more than any of us on here like is because they bring in extra $. If I'm playing a game for 200 + hours and having a blast I would be fine to pay for some extra stuff if it's going to give me some new content and modes. But I don't want to pay $ to sign extra 5* recruits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'll be honest, I'd be willing to pay additional $ for improvements to Dynasty mode and CPU play if it was actual quality EA was bringing in.

Honestly, I'd almost rather the sports games move to a new model instead of staying with the annual release.

Let me buy this game this year, then just continue to provide support for it. When next season rolls around, throw me a roster update for $40 if I want it. Have wipes for Ultimate Team each season. If I want named coaches in the game, throw another $20 DLC that I can buy to get them into the game.

I know we are getting off topic a little with this, but the annual release cycle is clearly leading to stagnation in all sports games. The Show hardly changes, Madden progresses slowly, NBA 2k improves slowly(though it is packed full of content at least). Screw it, I'm an adult with money, I'd rather pay a little more for updates over time if it meant they got to have a continuous cycle that allowed them to build on the game in a way that's not as easy with the annual cycle. If it meant I paid a little more, I'll live.

All the games that I regularly play now are pretty much all games that are setup like this. They are either paid games that still get updates years after release with some MTX that are not pay to win as options, or they are completely free to play games where you buy cosmetics which fund their team to continue to pump out updates regularly. I'd be 100% down for sports games to move on from being annual releases to becoming platforms that are updated continuously.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:17 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Last edited by illwill10; 02-22-2024 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:32 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

If you see someone like Quinn Ewers, Will Johnson opt in, then I don't see too many guys opt in. Plus, they have opportunity to earn more than the $600 by promoting it. If Shedeur Sanders sister is going to be one of the female athletes promoting it, then I also see Shedeur opting in soon since they likely all talked about it.

Jalen Milroe just opted in as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 04:40 PM   #56
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

I think your going to see a lot of whole teams opt in with 0 opt outs. If the main guys and team leaders are all opting in then I see the backups and freshman following suit.

I did laugh when I saw the headline from a major news place about how the poor college kids are getting screwed on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
If you see someone like Quinn Ewers, Will Johnson opt in, then I don't see too many guys opt in. Plus, they have opportunity to earn more than the $600 by promoting it. If Shedeur Sanders sister is going to be one of the female athletes promoting it, then I also see Shedeur opting in soon since they likely all talked about it.

Jalen Milroe just opted in as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »