Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2024, 01:41 PM   #41
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA Sports sending out player NIL contracts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think that it's likely. Being away for 11 years and with the hype, I can definitely see 5 million copies and it dropping to about 3-4 million copies. College Football is still a nice sport and if it goes to current gen only as expected, I don't think it's realistic to expect higher than 5 million copies. Hell, I think it'll be harder for the non-EAFC sports games to hit the 10 million copies mark initially when they go current gen only..

Whether we like it or not, UT will play a big factor. I don't think the game is made without it because the investors and higher ups wouldn't be satisfied if it was selling a ton. I think they have a good opportunity with UT with CFB. Over the past decade, there's plenty of guys they missed out on that are in the NFL who could join UT. A lot more past CFB Legends that would bring in a lot of revenue

I'm alright with Ultimate Team being a big focus, because that's what it is now in sports gaming. But, just limit the microtransactions to UT and I'm happy. I don't want to see "Pay $4.99 for increased progression." Or "Pay for $4.99 to unlock coaching skills". I know publishers want as much revenue as they can get now, but leave it in UT.

"I'm alright with Ultimate Team being a big focus, because that's what it is now in sports gaming. But, just limit the microtransactions to UT and I'm happy. I don't want to see "Pay $4.99 for increased progression." Or "Pay for $4.99 to unlock coaching skills". I know publishers want as much revenue as they can get now, but leave it in UT."

This is where I am. If Dynasty Mode, recruiting, and the offline stuff are in a good place, then EA do your thing with Ultimate Team. Heck, I may even try it out if it means unlocking guys like Ed Reed, Bo Jackson, Julius Peppers, etc, to play with. Just don't make us pay for things that should be included already within the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 01:48 PM   #42
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

I had fun with Ultimate Team, it just doesn't have sustainability.

To have to grind year in and year out for the same card.. or pay for them. Pass.

I can definitely see the appeal here though, if they have the right players.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:54 PM   #43
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

@On3sports
CONFIRMED voices in EA Sports College Football 25🗣️

• Kirk Herbstreit
• Chris Fowler
• David Pollack
• Jesse Palmer
• Kevin Connors
Old 02-22-2024, 02:03 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
We get news drops of multiple announcers and all 134 teams and this is your mindset after 11 years of no college football game? Incredible lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ppl need negativity, it is what it is. They may make it a way where if lets say Shedeur Sanders doesnt opt in, you cannot create a player with that name. They will most likely find a way to block names in the database from being created.

We are still able to create players, so people need to be okay with doing a bit of work to get the max out of their enjoyment
Old 02-22-2024, 02:04 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
"I'm alright with Ultimate Team being a big focus, because that's what it is now in sports gaming. But, just limit the microtransactions to UT and I'm happy. I don't want to see "Pay $4.99 for increased progression." Or "Pay for $4.99 to unlock coaching skills". I know publishers want as much revenue as they can get now, but leave it in UT."

This is where I am. If Dynasty Mode, recruiting, and the offline stuff are in a good place, then EA do your thing with Ultimate Team. Heck, I may even try it out if it means unlocking guys like Ed Reed, Bo Jackson, Julius Peppers, etc, to play with. Just don't make us pay for things that should be included already within the game.
Yeah, they can do what they want in UT, just leave microtransactions there or DLC. I didn't like how they did it in NCAA 14. You see it in games like NBA 2k24 in MyCareer. Where it becomes a tedious grind or things behind a paywall. I don't mind the grind because that's what makes the game have sustainability. But, don't make it a tedious grind because they want more money from you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 02:09 PM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah, they can do what they want in UT, just leave microtransactions there or DLC. I didn't like how they did it in NCAA 14. You see it in games like NBA 2k24 in MyCareer. Where it becomes a tedious grind or things behind a paywall. I don't mind the grind because that's what makes the game have sustainability. But, don't make it a tedious grind because they want more money from you.
Didn't we have to pay for certain uniform packs in NCAA 14? I'm glad all uni's including alternates will be in the game already.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:14 PM   #47
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
@On3sports
CONFIRMED voices in EA Sports College Football 25

• Kirk Herbstreit
• Chris Fowler
• David Pollack
• Jesse Palmer
• Kevin Connors

Desmond Howard is in as well. We’re definitely getting College Gameday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2024, 02:15 PM   #48
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Didn't we have to pay for certain uniform packs in NCAA 14? I'm glad all uni's including alternates will be in the game already.

I couldn’t care less about ultimate team but I have no problem whatsoever paying for alternate uniforms or stadiums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »