Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2024, 12:51 PM   #33
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports sending out player NIL contracts today

I assume it would have to be a word blocker or something with the blacked out names in it. I can't think of another way it would be done. In other games spelling the name differently should work.

The majority of people are only going to care about their favorite teams and the higher ranked guys. I'm a massive college football fan and watch games from start to finish all year and if DL from Nebraska or Ball State has the wrong name I doubt I would even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Darryl Holt, EA Sr VP https://www.espn.ph/college-football...all-25-get-600

Considering multiple versions of EA games had already blocked roster editing, I think that is really bad news.

But, just one mans opinion..
Old 02-22-2024, 12:59 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

$600 is laughable to the top players, so they could opt out to try and get paid more but that opens up a can of worms that EA wants nothing to do with.

This may be the first actual NIL usage that actually pays for using the player's name instead of just paying them for nothing. Most of the NIL deals produce no usage anywhere.

This could end the roster editing but hopefully EA has a clear legal path that allows the user to name players whatever they want as long as it's for personal use. Create unlicensed players as #100 and keep the roster position group numbers the same. Have the roster randomly generate those players and stats.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2024, 01:07 PM   #35
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

NBA 2K16 or 17 had the real names of current players blocked. I remember I tried to name my MyPlayer after a real life Arizona Wildcat on the team and the game said that name wasn't allowed. I imagine it will be something like that.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 01:11 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Until there is a College Football athletes union to negotiate these deals, it is what it is. At least, there are opportunities for players to earn more NIL to help promote the game and other things

I do wonder how well this game and other sports games if/when the game is current gen only. It's easy to say this game will sell well because its been gone for over a decade and the hype is there. But, if the game is current gen only, I wonder how well it really sell. In the past, it sold about 2-3 million copies on average. I think that would be a good number for them to hit.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:23 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Until there is a College Football athletes union to negotiate these deals, it is what it is. At least, there are opportunities for players to earn more NIL to help promote the game and other things

I do wonder how well this game and other sports games if/when the game is current gen only. It's easy to say this game will sell well because its been gone for over a decade and the hype is there. But, if the game is current gen only, I wonder how well it really sell. In the past, it sold about 2-3 million copies on average. I think that would be a good number for them to hit.
I could see up to 5 million this year because the series has been gone so long, but moving forward I'd imagine EA would expect 3-4 million copies sold annually and that would probably be more than enough, especially if Ultimate Team is printing extra money in this game also.

― Plato
Old 02-22-2024, 01:24 PM   #38
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Until there is a College Football athletes union to negotiate these deals, it is what it is.
There is, according to Florios article.

But I have no clue regarding membership numbers.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:37 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I could see up to 5 million this year because the series has been gone so long, but moving forward I'd imagine EA would expect 3-4 million copies sold annually and that would probably be more than enough, especially if Ultimate Team is printing extra money in this game also.

I think that it's likely. Being away for 11 years and with the hype, I can definitely see 5 million copies and it dropping to about 3-4 million copies. College Football is still a nice sport and if it goes to current gen only as expected, I don't think it's realistic to expect higher than 5 million copies. Hell, I think it'll be harder for the non-EAFC sports games to hit the 10 million copies mark initially when they go current gen only..

Whether we like it or not, UT will play a big factor. I don't think the game is made without it because the investors and higher ups wouldn't be satisfied if it was selling a ton. I think they have a good opportunity with UT with CFB. Over the past decade, there's plenty of guys they missed out on that are in the NFL who could join UT. A lot more past CFB Legends that would bring in a lot of revenue

I'm alright with Ultimate Team being a big focus, because that's what it is now in sports gaming. But, just limit the microtransactions to UT and I'm happy. I don't want to see "Pay $4.99 for increased progression." Or "Pay for $4.99 to unlock coaching skills". I know publishers want as much revenue as they can get now, but leave it in UT.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:38 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »