Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2024, 09:26 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports Sending Player NIL Contracts Today to Opt In For College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
We're almost halfway there in half of a day! That REALLY bodes well for the game having pretty much all of the athletes opt in.
I was surprised how many guys opted in so far. I know their deadline is April 30, but I was thinking it might take a bit. Since guys are in class and most in winter workouts, it feels this process should be done in quick fashion. To have nearly 50 percent of athletes commit in half a day is insane. I think any guy who doesn't commit within a week, are the holdouts
Old 02-22-2024, 09:26 PM   #74
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Sending Player NIL Contracts Today to Opt In For College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
We're almost halfway there in half of a day! That REALLY bodes well for the game having pretty much all of the athletes opt in.
I will try to remain optimistic about guys opting in. It’s not like they should expect this to be their primary NIL deal. I would also imagine most kids would understand that this should help their NIL deals increase as more people across America would be familiar with their name/likeness for more deals to spring up.

Last edited by CrizzleDizzle13; 02-22-2024 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-23-2024, 12:09 AM   #75
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

This is so glad to hear, especially about the Michigan State tweet that all 85 players are expected to be in the game. My extended family will be excited, they all went to Michigan State lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 12:25 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrizzleDizzle13
I will try to remain optimistic about guys opting in. It’s not like they should expect this to be their primary NIL deal. I would also imagine most kids would understand that this should help their NIL deals increase as more people across America would be familiar with their name/likeness for more deals to spring up.
At the end of the day, no player has enough sway to hurt sales. There isn't another game, so they take the money or they don't. There may be issues with the top level players or ones just below that level that don't paid extra. They may not like that others are getting paid more and they aren't. 1 player won't matter but if they start banding together then there are issues.

Say Michigan players all get together and say we are the champs, we want 10,000 each or you don't get any player on the team. EA is going to have a tough job managing this if the top players get together and throw their weight around.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2024, 12:34 AM   #77
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
At the end of the day, no player has enough sway to hurt sales. There isn't another game, so they take the money or they don't. There may be issues with the top level players or ones just below that level that don't paid extra. They may not like that others are getting paid more and they aren't. 1 player won't matter but if they start banding together then there are issues.

Say Michigan players all get together and say we are the champs, we want 10,000 each or you don't get any player on the team. EA is going to have a tough job managing this if the top players get together and throw their weight around.

Well since, according to you, every player at the big programs is already getting paid, then they'd just be signing to get in the game and get a free copy, because the money isn't important to them.

Besides, all the top players aren't just getting 600 bucks. They're getting the 600 PLUS the ambassador fee, which is the figure we don't know.

Will Johnson, Quinn Ewers, Shedeur Sanders, etc. are all getting extra money for a single social media post.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:56 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Well since, according to you, every player at the big programs is already getting paid, then they'd just be signing to get in the game and get a free copy, because the money isn't important to them.

Besides, all the top players aren't just getting 600 bucks. They're getting the 600 PLUS the ambassador fee, which is the figure we don't know.

Will Johnson, Quinn Ewers, Shedeur Sanders, etc. are all getting extra money for a single social media post.
This is could cause some issues. What happens if you think you should have an ambassador deal but you didn't get one? Do you play hardball and not opt in or just take what they offered? What happens if all the ambassadors get together and say they want more money or they opt out?

Certain players are worth more to EA. Conferences are worth more than others. Leaving this up to individual players is just asking for trouble in the future if the players get smart. The NFLPA handles it for Madden but unless the Conferences play that roll, you could end up with situations where players and teams are demanding more.

Old 02-23-2024, 01:08 AM   #79
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Do you think they just pulled the idea out of their asses this morning? Do you think they haven't been working on this and going over numbers to make sure what they do will work?

I don't know why you're being so negative about everything that's come out today when we haven't gotten a full, concrete piece of info outside of the 600/free game. At least two different threads where you're ripping stuff we don't even fully know, and you keep referring to "future games". How about we let this game come out first?

And I think you're seriously underestimating how much these kids want to see themselves in a video game.

Just let people be excited, man.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 02-23-2024 at 01:24 AM.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:26 AM   #80
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
This is could cause some issues. What happens if you think you should have an ambassador deal but you didn't get one? Do you play hardball and not opt in or just take what they offered? What happens if all the ambassadors get together and say they want more money or they opt out?

Certain players are worth more to EA. Conferences are worth more than others. Leaving this up to individual players is just asking for trouble in the future if the players get smart. The NFLPA handles it for Madden but unless the Conferences play that roll, you could end up with situations where players and teams are demanding more.

In this dooms day scenario, we'll just have teams with a lot of generic players. I don't think the concerns you raise will be an issue at all for 25. But, once the sales figures come out for this first installment, heading into the 26 game, you could see some athletes asking for more. I'm sure you'll have agents and such in their ears.

But, for this game...I doubt it. This game dropping for the first time in a decade is a big deal. Do you(the athlete) REALLYYYYY wanna be that guy who does that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »