Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2023, 10:39 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

I just want working customization options. If I want an 11 game regular season, no conference championships and a playoff system I should be able to set it up. Transfer portal sliders too. Just allow each person to set up seasons as they want to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2023, 06:24 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I would like to see De-Commits and Flips. It is apart of College Football. For me, the best way to implement that is to have Hard Commit and soft commits. If a Recruit is a hard commit, then they completely shut down recruitment. If a recruit is a soft commit, they can be persuaded to decommit or flip. To make it challenging, if you go after a soft commit, it should cost more recruiting time. Make it 1.5× recruiting time to go after a soft commit.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:27 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I would like to see De-Commits and Flips. It is apart of College Football. For me, the best way to implement that is to have Hard Commit and soft commits. If a Recruit is a hard commit, then they completely shut down recruitment. If a recruit is a soft commit, they can be persuaded to decommit or flip. To make it challenging, if you go after a soft commit, it should cost more recruiting time. Make it 1.5× recruiting time to go after a soft commit.
I just want some ambiguity in the recruiting game. I don't want a bar that tells me I am exactly 450 points behind the top team and I am gaining 110 points per week on them.

That's too simple and predictable.

The recruits themselves need to give feedback to the player as well as have fake social media accounts that at the very least post their top X schools periodically so that you can more organically see where you stand.

Today's society revolves around social media, it would be a good way for EA to present the recruiting information a player needs in a believable but readable fashion.

A tab on tbe players profile that showed their quotes to your school on one side like, "you're the favorite right now" or, "you're one of my top schools" or even, "don't waste your time, coach" would all let you have a good idea of where you stand without straight giving you the numbers. Also on that tab could be a listing of their posts like a "here's my top 5" type of post, or a "blessed to receive a scholarship from x" and that shows you as the player what schools are also interested.

It doesn't have to be something crazy detailed. EA would need to craft up some generic quotes and some generic tweet templates and have them get generated in-game dynamically and voila. It's still simple, but it has just enough fog of war.

And there can still be times where it's plain as day where you stand. One kid can tell you you are the favorite and they're shutting it down and their last tweet on their profile shows they shut it down. Then you know they are committed.

That also opens up fun potential situations where that kid does shut it down all year and it was stress free. Or, randomly in week 10 they take a surprise visit to a rival school and now you're on flip watch and have to get back to putting effort and time into them again.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 12-19-2023 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:53 AM   #44
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

I was thinking how cool a My Campus would be. Similar to 2Ks City. I imagine all the different college gear everyone would be wearing with their my player.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:39 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I also hope EA brings over the weekly strategy, training camp drills, and player spotlight features but expands on them some. It's much more common for college coaches to have players switch positions than it is in the NFL. There's also a lot of projects that are taken in.

Guys that need to put on 30lbs before they're ready, guys that need to lose 30lbs before they're ready, kids that have 1 season of HS football that need to develop before they're ready.

I hope this is reflected in the game and through training we can craft players to be what we want them to be, or at least try to. If I see a 3-star project OL recruit with amazing size, but he needs coaching and to lose weight, I'd love to be able to put them on a development program where they lose weight over their career and that also impacts their physical ratings.

Or the opposite, you need to bulk up a player and in the process their speed drops slightly. Have the CPU coaches make these changes also based on the archetypes their systems require.

I don't need something in-depth like NFL 2k5's system. Just some simple settings that we can select that dictate how a player is to develop that off-season/season/year or whatever.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 12-21-2023 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2023, 07:01 PM   #46
Rookie

This game must incorporate the nuances of both offensive and defensive line play. While skill players have traditionally taken the spotlight, I envision the satisfaction of having a top-tier tackle, witnessing the growth of a 3-technique into a formidable gap plugger, or experiencing a versatile edge rusher like Will Anderson as an outside linebacker. Integrate these elements, and you'll gain a dedicated fan for life.
Old 12-28-2023, 07:50 AM   #47
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Whew, I'm excited. Let's get that out of the way first.

Looking for an overhaul to recruiting to make it more difficult. A numbers system is too easy to manipulate if over time you can upgrade how much you can use.

Atmosphere is important. Madden is bland, NCAA 14 to this day is better in overall Atmosphere. Chants, tradition, and sound bites/music need to be taken serious.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-28-2023, 12:16 PM   #48
Pro

I am ready for a shiny, new product. Keeping in mind, there was no PS4 game. The new gen graphics will be huge. Brighter colors. I am looking for the small details. I want to see home fans leaving the stadium when their team is losing 38-3 in the 4th. I want to hear fans chant overrated. I would like to see a preseason show where three or four commentators predict their playoff contenders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »