Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2024, 05:11 PM   #73
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

DeShaun Foster becomes UCLA head coach.

That is the kind of career I want to be able to have in a football game or series of interoperable games.

Played for UCLA
Played in the NFL
Assistant coach for several years
Becomes UCLA HC

Just add NFL coaching opportunities and progression to that mix and that's what I want in a game.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2024, 07:51 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

That is the kind of career I want to be able to have in a football game or series of interoperable games.

Played for UCLA
Played in the NFL
Becomes UCLA HC

Just add NFL coaching opportunities and progression to that mix and that's what I want in a game.

That would be cool for them to incorporate RTG with Dynasty like that. The easiest way to implement that would be to have it as a start Dynasty as your RTG category. So when you're done with RTG, you have option to import that player in Madden and have the option to start your Dynasty career as your RTG player.

It would be cool to do a RTG career, then start as a coordinator, and then work your way up to a HC. Without having a full Coaching Staff that way you can start as a position coach, just have it sim a few years age wise that way it assumes that you were a position coach and not starting as a 21 year old coach. It would be cool to do a 3-4 year career as a Safety, then start as a DC, then move up to HC. Let's say they add back High School to RTG, I could easily see myself doing 12-15 total seasons.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:54 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Speaking on RTG, as you someone who plans on playing it, there are things I want to see. Overall, I liked what they did in the past, it's more of them expanding things and building on the past. I didn't like how they streamlined RTG in NCAA 14 and the atmosphere was dull.

-Bring back the Senior year of HS. I don't want to be able to call plays, but I would like to choose the playbook. I want to at least be able to play in a scheme that fits my players skill set. I want get recruited to major emphasis. I want to actually feel like I'm getting recruited. It doesn't have to be anything over the top. I would like to see us getting offers rolling in, teams want to get us on official visits(simulated). Be able to set top 8 schools and wind down to top 4. Then when selecting your school, it would be cool to see a small cut scene where it has your top 4 schools hats on a table. Then you pick the school on a menu, then the cut scene has you put on that hat.

-Bring back Position Battle. Just find a different way to do it other than competing in Practice. A good way would be to add the Spring Game. That way you could compete in the spring game.

-Add the Transfer Portal. Only right to do it since it is IRL. I don't see myself transferring, but I could see scenarios where it would be cool to have the Transfer Portal as an option. Let's say, you pick a school and you really end up not liking the playbook or realizing the scheme isn't a fit for you. Or you aren't as a highly touted prospect and not end up at your preferred school and you ball out your freshman and/or sophomore year and you Transfer to a big P5 school for your final years.

-Find ways to add depth off the field. The problem with a lot of single player career modes is they lack depth off the field. It mostly feels like practice, play game, and sim ahead. It doesn't have to be like the old PS2 version with have actual tests. But incorporate interviews, more pageantry, more sights and sounds before games. It's hard to think of things without being realistic

-Bring back Heisman ceremony.

-add ability to go into Coaching. As I stated above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2024, 08:21 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Played for UCLA
Played in the NFL
Becomes UCLA HC

It would be interesting to see how playing in the NFL would get handled. I see two potential options:

1: Start a RTG

2: After your college playing days are over, you can export to Madden to play your NFL career OR enter into NCAA you played X years in the NFL.

3: If you played in the NFL, you re-import your player (if possible) into NCAA. The game will fast forward through the season where you played in the NFL either by what you entered in #2 or based on your Madden "player card". If you played 4 years in college and 10 in the NFL, you become an assistant coach in the 2038-2039 season.

4: Normal progression from Coordinator to Head Coach.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:26 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Seeing the early uniforms renders, I really hope either TeamBuilder or Create a School is in. I doubt Teambuilder is in, but I hope they have some type of Create a School in. It would be cool to be able to design uniforms, fields, stadiums. I can already imagine some of designs I want to do. I do hope they go all out with customization.

I really want to create a School and build it up from a 1 star school to a powerhouse
Old 02-15-2024, 10:42 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bring back infractions/player misconduct suspensions.
Old 02-16-2024, 04:00 AM   #79
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

The weather channel.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:23 AM   #80
MVP

Wishlist: I just pray they get audio, atmosphere, lighting and presentation to set a new bar. I honestly don’t even think it’s too big an ask, given where they were a decade ago, and if they can do that, I’ll be able to withstand a lot of warts.

More important, though, is that it would be really nice if the AI launched with some decent logic when it comes to things like roster management and overall program direction and strategy. MLBTS still has issues with bullpen & lineup logic—is this game gonna launch with good AI cfb program management? Doubt.

Predictions: I think it will debut as the superior game to Madden. Whether it truly nails everything it needs to to the die-hard fans, that’s doubtful. It’ll take another 3-5 years of wishlist threads to get us where we want to be on that front, like any other game.

I think we’re looking at an 8.1/10 type offering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »