Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdGloop
With the 12 team playoff next year, I hope we get to alter who makes the playoffs. I think next year, the 6 highest ranked conference champions make the playoffs then the next 6 highest ranked teams make it. I think it would be cool if I wanna make it that every conference champion makes the playoffs then the final two or three spots are "at large bids". That way, the playoffs essentially start conference championship week.

That was the plan before the Pac-12 collapsed. I expect they will change this to the four P4 champions and the highest ranked G5 champ gets in, but that has not been confirmed.
Old 01-04-2024, 01:54 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

This may be too much to hope for, but I would love to be able to build conferences from the ground up by resurrecting the PAC and the Big East for example. Let us be able to choose from 8 to 12 conferences.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:34 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

1. An RPG style way to upgrade your coach, but done in a way that doesn't break the gameplay or recruiting process.

2. Balanced gameplay, where it's possible to build around either an offensive or defensive identity, the player ratings matter a lot, and playing Iowa feels different than playing Oregon.

3. Customization. Let us edit recruits, full control over conferences and playoff set-ups.

4. A challenging and rewarding recruiting experience. I WANT to miss out on some of my top targets every year. Closing on a 4 or 5 star stud should be a "fist pump" moment, not something you know is going to happen 4 weeks in advance because a points bar is ticking up faster than your competition schools. I really liked the old phone call system, I hope they build off of that. It had a good sense of risk/reward when it came to picking topics.

5. Virtual trophy room that you can walk around in. Maybe a smaller thing, but CH 2k8 had this and it was really neat to move around and see the actual trophies you won. Could also have a wall of all-americans, heisman trophies, etc..

6. Related, and maybe pie in the sky, but it'd be so cool to have a virtual office setup as well. You could bring players in for talks, have a little mini-game where you have a chance to boost or lower their potential. Something like that.

The game needs to have quality gameplay & recruiting. Beyond that, anything they can do to make you FEEL like the coach is awesome. In a fun way of course because it's a video game and repetitive actions for the sake of a "feature" that most players skip over and over (FIFA press conferences anyone) don't add to immersion.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:25 AM   #60
Pro

What do you all think about the difficulty levels? Think they will try and keep it the same? I feel that 13 and 14 have it ironed out pretty good. I know there are sliders that can be adjusted. But then you have to think about do the sliders work the exact same way they do in 13 and 14.
Old 01-06-2024, 12:05 PM   #61
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

My only wish is to be able to set up an online 14-school SEC league as commissioner and find 13 other players who are fans of their respective schools who will not quit and drop out as soon as they lose or cheat to win.

I'm also hoping for authentic playbooks for each school and an on/off button for running up-tempo on offense. New Vols QB Nico Iamaleava should be a lot of fun to play with in Josh Heupel's offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2024, 02:01 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 2

i’m hoping my favorite team is in the game, notre dame. don’t know if they said they’d be in the game yet or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-06-2024, 04:00 PM   #63
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
i’m hoping my favorite team is in the game, notre dame. don’t know if they said they’d be in the game yet or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't think it's been stated directly by Notre Dame or EA, but they'll be in. The game will have all 134 (including Kennesaw State) FBS programs when it comes out.

No school, especially a national brand like Notre Dame, wants to be the only program (or one of a very small few programs) to not be included in the new game. Especially since they're increasingly likely to have real rosters.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 01-06-2024 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:31 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
Hopefully a 100 man roster limit so you can have walk-ons that don't take a scholarship spot.
It would be really odd and misguided for this not to be expanded at this point. No, doubt.

On another note, we should be able to hire (after/search) and fire coaches and assistants based on performance, potential, and projection at any point in a season. Strength and conditioning staff, and the scheduling of that process should be part of that as well (or optionally automated). In my opinion, there's no reason for us not to engage with some key elements that go into managing a college football program and not just look at the end-of-year screen. Only ever really making position changes, and that somehow amounts to players being "upgraded" without any real rhyme or reason outside of the coaching "tree" stat stacking in 14. Now, this doesn't need to be overbearing, but the ability to get deeper into the building of one's staff or rosters should feel more tactile.

Similar to how Madden allows you to make certain "in-depth" changes but more tailored to how college does it and be able to build a coaching tree to add to my legacy as a coach. Even start at the high school level or as a co-coordinator and gain promotional advancements or duel title appointments, among other things. In general, the whole coaching system and progression mechanics has move forward into something more fulfilling in terms of end-to-end RNG enjoyability and proliferation over time. Overall, this series needs to get away from what boils down to some pretty basic gameplay loops that require next to zero thought past a certain point. Currently, as we all know, there's no real challenge or drawback to losing players or coaching staff – which has never made sense.

I believe it's time for it to start making sense within the simulation.

Last edited by BillyandTed112; 01-22-2024 at 08:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »