Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2024, 07:21 PM   #65
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

I’m getting excited. Right around 24 hours and hopefully we get a glimpse of the game. I just hope the game is fun and playable. I hope they have an authentic atmosphere.

Edit: Yikes

Last edited by Blue12; 01-09-2024 at 05:41 PM. Reason: No trailer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2024, 07:08 AM   #66
Just started!

I'm sure many haven't touched on this, but same as all of you... I'm totally excited for college football gaming to be back. My wish list is quite simple.

1. First of all RTG single player mode I thought was always missing one key ingredient that is super important to the overall ncaa experience. School. Like as you're playing your "High school state tournament" you should have free reign similar to how Madden and 2k allows you to choose when you go to the games, practices, going around the city(campus) and doing Ads. In this case you have to at least attend school and it could be simulated, but if you don't attend, then your grades are impacted and some schools can't offer you a scholarship because of the grade you need to get into those schools. Ala a Notre Dame, Duke, Boston College, etc.

2. During dynasty mode I think it would be a lot more involved if you have to start off as a coordinator. And have to interview for head coaching jobs. And you have to start off at a Lower school, get hired through interviews at bigger name schools and make a name out of yourself before a division 1 school allows you to be a head coach. It is highly unlikely anyone Is getting a HC job at the college ranks with no coaching experience at any level in college.

2b. Also since we're coordinators we should be able to create our own playbooks. And develop them over time. Take them with us as we go to bigger schools. And if you leave... say OC of Ohio state and get hired on at Wisconsin or another Big10 school... there should be a rivalry and be treated like a big deal when you play your former boss. Also I think it's important to get the major broadcasts main commentators. Fox, NBC, ABC, ESPN, CBS. Plus another 2 or 3 other lesser known broadcast teams. Because not every game is televised on national TV. They could easily do those voiceovers over zoom calls. It would add to the realism of the game.

3. Also during RTG you should have the option to play any position Superstar mode has in Madden and if playing an online RTG be able to be playing Madden and have the media In Madden be talking about you and showcasing your stats as a bit of a crossover. Again adding to the realism of the game. Simple things like, "coachable", "Plays within himself", lists the player in regards to a mock draft and creates an actual storyline when the player enter the draft. For instance if you're a quarterback that played in a pass happy offense... teams could be concerned that your stats are inflated due to that. Or if you're a receiver in a run heavy offense and still put up good numbers it'll make your draft stock rise and so on. By the end of your junior year when you can declare you can make that decision based on when you might get drafted. It'll make your decision to forgo your senior season more real and genuine. Or if you're rated as a late day 2 or day 3 pick you might want to go back and male the appropriate changes so your draft stock gets back to that 1st round status.

5 more months!!!!! Let's do this!
Old 02-12-2024, 12:09 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolesFanatic17
I just hope they raise the number of people who can be in a Online Dynasty from 12 to 24 or 36 atleast

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I would it expect to have more than 12 teams. The SEC didn't expand to 14 until the 2012 season, the ACC in 2013, and the Big 10 in 2014. I expected an Online Dynasty expansion to 14 or 16 in the PS4 release that never happened. With the Big 10 and Big 12 expanding to 18, the ACC to 17, and SEC to 16 next year, I don't see how they can keep the limit to 12. I expect at least an 18 team limit for an Online Dynasty.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:02 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Maybe they'll do it like the old NHL games 10 or so years ago where you can have hundreds of users in one franchise online together.

I don't actually expect that, but you'd think EA would positively surprise us for once in a 20-year span.

― Plato
Old 02-12-2024, 02:42 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I doubt they'll ever add it back, but I would love Create a Play. I can imagine the type of plays one could create. Just have it start from available formations and have some restrictions in order for things to get glitchy and works properly.

If not, I just hope that Create a Playbook is back and they do a great job of incorpating a ton of new plays. One thing I would like with created playbooks and playbooks in general is add situational plays. So instead of relied on the game to decide which plays fit each situation. I would love to set up 1st and 10, 2nd and long, 2nd and Medium, second in Short, 3rd and Short, Red Zone, etc. That way, it would be a lot of more quick and easy to choose plays for situations and those are your preferred plays.

I would like a more reliable formation sub and sim stats to reflect it. I want to run a RB by committee or be able to shuffle guys in and out based on Stamina.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:46 AM   #70
Rookie

MemTigerfan6's Arena

I haven't seen this discussed much on Internet forums but does anyone know if the ability to change degrees will be included. I haven't played a football game since Madden the one with Lamar Jackson on the cover and the hilariously atrocious face of the franchise story. I was disappointed that you couldn't change the degrees for the Madden game nor do heavy snow in it.

If the new CFB game doesn't have changeable degrees i will be immensely disappointed. That was one of the neat little features in the NCAA games making it like 114 in az or making it snow in the USC coliseum or heavy snow in Hawaii and negative 12 degrees. Doing those type of things was always a blast and I will absolutely be bummed if it's not
Old 02-13-2024, 09:26 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I doubt they'll ever add it back, but I would love Create a Play. I can imagine the type of plays one could create. Just have it start from available formations and have some restrictions in order for things to get glitchy and works properly.

If not, I just hope that Create a Playbook is back and they do a great job of incorpating a ton of new plays. One thing I would like with created playbooks and playbooks in general is add situational plays. So instead of relied on the game to decide which plays fit each situation. I would love to set up 1st and 10, 2nd and long, 2nd and Medium, second in Short, 3rd and Short, Red Zone, etc. That way, it would be a lot of more quick and easy to choose plays for situations and those are your preferred plays.

I would like a more reliable formation sub and sim stats to reflect it. I want to run a RB by committee or be able to shuffle guys in and out based on Stamina.
Madden's playbook creator works somewhat in a way that you're asking for, but it is not intuitive and just sucks overall. It also doesn't work completely right. I am hoping that since custom playbooks were such a big deal for the NCAA games that the CFB team saw the state of the feature in Madden and completely redid it for the upcoming game(and I hope those changes are reflected in Madden as well).

Madden lets you add the plays to situations like 2nd and short, medium, and long. 3rd and short, medium, and long. Red zone, backed up inside your own 5, near their goal line, etc.

The issue is that you have to go to each situation and add plays one at a time. And the situations are repeated, so it isn't clear which ones are legit. For example, there are like 5 Red Zones you can add plays to. There is no differentiation in them or anything, so to be safe, you have to add plays to all 5 Red Zone scenarios.

Another drawback is the system only takes the first 30 plays you rate for a scenario and ignores the rest. This means the CPU only has access to 30 play calls in any given situation and the user is also held to that limit if they use the Coach Suggestions to call plays.

The system is just done terribly and it's something they really need to have better in the CFB game.

What I would really love to see in the new CFB game is the ability to create schemes and assign playbooks to those schemes, and the CPU would have these schemes be in their pool to have when coaches are generated inside of Dynasty mode.

When creating a scheme, if you had the ability to name it, give it a brief description, select the archetypes for it, and assign playbooks to it, then that would be huge.

To take it further, it'd be huge if you could select what concepts are the staple of the scheme and how often teams typically ran/pass within the scheme, that'd be huge as well, but that could be something controlled by the playbooks themselves and/or coaching profiles.

If I created a custom veer system and could select the concepts that the CPU would exclusively run with the playbook and in what scenarios, it would not only enhance Dynasty mode over time, but it would really allow users to create historical playbooks that would operate better than ever before.

Throw in create a play with create a scheme and an updated custom playbook system and I will be over the moon. Overhaul the entire play calling system to be more modular and open ended and then I'll buy 100 copies of the game personally.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2024, 10:20 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What I would really love to see in the new CFB game is the ability to create schemes and assign playbooks to those schemes, and the CPU would have these schemes be in their pool to have when coaches are generated inside of Dynasty mode.

When creating a scheme, if you had the ability to name it, give it a brief description, select the archetypes for it, and assign playbooks to it, then that would be huge.

To take it further, it'd be huge if you could select what concepts are the staple of the scheme and how often teams typically ran/pass within the scheme, that'd be huge as well, but that could be something controlled by the playbooks themselves and/or coaching profiles.

If I created a custom veer system and could select the concepts that the CPU would exclusively run with the playbook and in what scenarios, it would not only enhance Dynasty mode over time, but it would really allow users to create historical playbooks that would operate better than ever before.

Throw in create a play with create a scheme and an updated custom playbook system and I will be over the moon. Overhaul the entire play calling system to be more modular and open ended and then I'll buy 100 copies of the game personally.
Fully agree.

That would be cool in Dynasty. It would be cool starting as a 1 Star coach and having your own scheme. Being able to set you Positional Archetypes for it. Then as you get coordinators, you can assign your scheme to them. Then as those Coordinators move on, they'll implement your scheme on their team. Then it'll be nice to see other teams try to imitate your scheme as you have success.

For that to work efficiently, they would need to bring back Coach Profile. I believe that was in the NCAA games. They would just need to obviously expand it. Coach Profile would need Scheme, Run/Pass Ratio, Aggressive/Conservative, Formatuon Subs, Recruiting vs Transfer Portal ratio, and Calls Plays. I just want coaches to be unique and not all perform the same. It'll be important for Positional Archetypes to be attached to scheme, that way CPU does a good job of recruiting to the scheme. And obviously if a new coach comes in and the players to fit, I would like to see transfers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »