Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2023, 08:38 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I agree we need to pick our coordinators in the next release. I have a House Rule where I run the offense and defense of my coordinators. In my current dynasty I had a DC running the 3-4 and I had to recruit 5 LBs in (what turned out to be) his final season with me and then the CPU hired a DC running the 4-2-5. Suddenly I had too many linebackers and not enough safeties. I ended up moving my two fastest linebackers to safety out of necessity.
My wish would be that I create a custom playbook that I start off with as a OC, then when I get the HC job and I can assign that playbook to my first coordinator and when he gets his HC job, he takes my playbook and uses it at their new school.

Also with playbooks and when making a custom playbook, it would be nice to assign player types preferences to the playbooks. I think that would make CPU recruit players that fit that scheme. Also when changing coaches/schemes, it would be nice for the CPU to recognize if a player doesn't fit scheme. Have it where the player enters the Transfer Portal and CPU goes for a player that fits scheme. Nothing was worse than playing a run first spread option team that had a Slow Pocket Passer running the option.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:14 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
My wish would be that I create a custom playbook that I start off with as a OC, then when I get the HC job and I can assign that playbook to my first coordinator and when he gets his HC job, he takes my playbook and uses it at their new school.

This is something you can't do in the current version. I implemented this about 5 years ago and the game wouldn't load a CPU vs CPU simulation (game engine, not sim engine) involving that coach because of the Custom Playbook wouldn't automatically load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Also with playbooks and when making a custom playbook, it would be nice to assign player types preferences to the playbooks. I think that would make CPU recruit players that fit that scheme. Also when changing coaches/schemes, it would be nice for the CPU to recognize if a player doesn't fit scheme. Have it where the player enters the Transfer Portal and CPU goes for a player that fits scheme. Nothing was worse than playing a run first spread option team that had a Slow Pocket Passer running the option.

Agree with this. A team with an option playbook should never recruit a pocket passer.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:37 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I hope that the CPU figures out a better way to use Athletes than in past. Nothing was worse than competing for a ATH who you know had a special talent, then they end up at a CPU school that just pencils them into their best position. Even if it based on depth chart, would like to see CPU use non-QB ATHs to their strengths. I remember getting this 5'9 ATH in NCAA 14. He had high 90 speed and coverage skills and little playmaking ability. I used him at FS and SCB, Returner, and some packages on offense for the first 3 seasons and he was a beast at FS for senior year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2023, 03:41 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

85 roster limit
Old 12-16-2023, 08:36 PM   #37
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandTed112
85 roster limit
that will happen because madden 24 on the ps5 is allready at 85 man rosters
Old 12-17-2023, 04:12 PM   #38
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
that will happen because madden 24 on the ps5 is allready at 85 man rosters
And then we have to factor in the Madden file only has to accommodate 32 teams (32x85=2720), while EA CFB will have to hold 130 plus teams (130x85=11,050). If remember correctly, EA's NCAAf had a 70 man limit. But that was PS3 era technology.PS5 memory should be much higher.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:13 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandTed112
85 roster limit

Hopefully a 100 man roster limit so you can have walkons that don't take a scholarship spot.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:32 AM   #40
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

I just hope they raise the number of people who can be in a Online Dynasty from 12 to 24 or 36 atleast

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »