Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2023, 09:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeier29
Id like it to be similar to 14 with being able to start as a coordinator or head coach. One thing id like to have is the ability to hire your own coordinator not have the computer do it for you. Would be cool to be able to hire a former player to come on your staff. Im very afraid the game wont have any of the things that made NCAA better then Madden and it will just be madden slapped with a college tag.

Agreed. I'm hoping there will be some, if not all, position coaches as well. I would like to start off as a QB or LB coach at a P5/4 school and get hired by a G5 school as their OC or DC based on the position I coach.
Old 11-30-2023, 01:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
Agreed. I'm hoping there will be some, if not all, position coaches as well. I would like to start off as a QB or LB coach at a P5/4 school and get hired by a G5 school as their OC or DC based on the position I coach.

If they give you the ability to start as a position coach it would be cool imo to only play as that position similar to the Road to Glory.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #19
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

If anyone has played the latest FIFA (FC24), you've seen how cool the crowds can be. I really hope they implement what FIFA does with crowds in the new college game.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
If they give you the ability to start as a position coach it would be cool imo to only play as that position similar to the Road to Glory.
I remember the old 989 college game, Gamebreaker, being able to start as the ST coach, and all you controlled was Special Teams lol.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:23 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
I remember the old 989 college game, Gamebreaker, being able to start as the ST coach, and all you controlled was Special Teams lol.
I doubt we'll ever get position coaches in. It took them forever to get coordinators back in Madden. I would love to start as a position coach and work my way up. But, I'll be happy with the ability to hire my coordinators as a HC

But mentioning RTG, a good alternative would be after you finish your RTG ,
you have the ability to sim until age 30-32 and start as a 1 star coordinator in Dynasty. It would be cool to have a legendary college career and then be able to have the ability to work your way up from coordinator to coach. Also would be be cool if you get a boost I recruiting your original position in Dynasty. For example, if you were a QB in RTG, you have an easier time recruiting QBs in Dynasty. It would be cool, if I played as a Safety in RTG, to be able to have that player be a DC in Dynasty and then become a HC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2023, 06:00 PM   #22
Rookie

After hearing Matt Brown's latest interview, I am pretty confident team builder will be in the game and that was my biggest wish for the game. I just hope we can upload way more than 12 teams into dynasty. I always wanted to replace every team with a teambuilder team but every state plus DC has a minimum of two teams with Canada represented as well.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wonder how integration of RTG will work into Madden. You’d have to assume this will be a selling point for madden and EA to sell a copy of each game to people.
Old 12-04-2023, 08:24 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
I wonder how integration of RTG will work into Madden. You’d have to assume this will be a selling point for madden and EA to sell a copy of each game to people.
I wouldn't call RTG a selling point. It will be a key mode for them, yes. But, I wouldn't call it a selling point. That'll still be Dynasty. I think NBA 2k is the only sports game where it's Career mode is a primary selling point. The benefit that this game won't be treated as a flagship title, that's for Madden and EA FC. So, the expectations from higher ups are different and should allow them more creative freedom. I do see a bigger UT implementation than it was before. I do see them leaning heavy on getting past College Legends in UT.

As someone who will play RTG, I wonder about that as well. My worry is the Superstar mode implementation in Madden. I was glad it went back to "Superstar Mode", but it still has the Face of the Franchise vibe. I don't think/want a story that lasts from college football to Madden. Plus, I don't want to be limited to specific positions like in Madden. I want to play as a Safety or a DL.

I don't mind them going back to what they did in older NCAA RTG when they had Erin Andrews. Start from Senior year in HS, and have a bigger emphasis on being recruited. Having some type of National Signing Day moment. Having to compete for snaps like in the older games. Incorporate the Transfer Portal in the mode as well. It would be realistic to incorporate that in, especially if you don't like the situation in your Freshman or Sophomore year. There doesn't need to be a story like in Superstar mode. It just needs to feel like there is a living breating world around your player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »