Home

Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Com vs Com sliders

can anyone give me good com vs com sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Com vs Com sliders

Been testing CPU vs CPU for a week now and I just can't get it right.

Default sliders just produce a single-fest, with 15 hit - 3 or 4 run games the norm.

Upped power and dropped contact, then the CPU turns into a strikeout machine.

Seeing that, I dropped the CPU pitching sliders which just produces walk after walk.

Very, very frustrating at the moment. This game is crying out for a solid contact slider!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Been testing CPU vs CPU for a week now and I just can't get it right.

Default sliders just produce a single-fest, with 15 hit - 3 or 4 run games the norm.

Upped power and dropped contact, then the CPU turns into a strikeout machine.

Seeing that, I dropped the CPU pitching sliders which just produces walk after walk.

Very, very frustrating at the moment. This game is crying out for a solid contact slider!

I'm working

80/80 pwr/con

100 break influence

95 Pitch SPD

60-70 Pitch Success
30-35 throw strikes tndcy

keeps the CPU from becoming over aggressive at the plate unless the batter is aggressive by nature. Also allows the hitters to take advantage of mistakes, with harder hit balls.

Still Testing*

Last edited by elimack; 03-16-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Do you think pitch speed effects anything? I just assumed it doesn't actually change the pitch speed, just the visual representation of how fast the ball gets to the batter. So it shouldn't effect anything in CPU vs CPU so I just have it on 100

Edit: Just tested at pitch speed of 0 and my assumptions are correct, a 90 mph fastball is still a 90 mph fastball no matter what the pitch speed is, the game just speeds up how quick it goes, not the actual mph speed.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Here is what I'm currently using for CPU v CPU games.

All credit goes to BIGFNJOE96 and BLAZZEN as the slider sets they are working on are very much the base for this. BIGFNJOE96's set for 2k10 was a great foundation for CPUvCPU sliders last season and the same principles seem to be in play this year.

The things I'll be watching for as I get to watch more games will be: adjusting CPU POWER and a possible lowering of CPU STRIKE ZONE TEND.

BATTING:
Power: 75
Bunt Contact: 75
Bunt Success: 75

PITCHING: (CPU)

Pitch Speed: 75
Pitch Success: 85
Strike Zone Tendency: 40
Pitch Break Influence: 50
Pitcher Composure Influence: 25

FIELDING: (CPU)

Gather Error Frequency: 75
Throwing Error Frequency: 75
Outfield Throw Speed: 60
Infield Throw Speed: 60
Outfield Run Speed: 25
Infield Run Speed: 25

RUNNING: (CPU)

Base Runner Speed: 40
Hit N Run Tendency: 80
Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 75
Squeeze Tendency: 35
Base Running Aggression: 100
Steal Aggression: 65
Catcher Arm Strength: 60
Catcher Arm Accuracy: 45
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Do you think pitch speed effects anything? I just assumed it doesn't actually change the pitch speed, just the visual representation of how fast the ball gets to the batter. So it shouldn't effect anything in CPU vs CPU so I just have it on 100

Edit: Just tested at pitch speed of 0 and my assumptions are correct, a 90 mph fastball is still a 90 mph fastball no matter what the pitch speed is, the game just speeds up how quick it goes, not the actual mph speed.
Pitch spd is designed to only affect user vs cpu gameplay. Thats why its not an option under the user controlled sliders
Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Pro

johnriii's Arena

I haven't bought the game yet, this is the longest I have waited to buy a Baseball game in years, but I'm now very cautious. I play almost exclusively CPU vs CPU, and the past two years games just sucked so badly, IMO. I'm interested in seeing how the stats are coming out, with the slider settings in this post. ALSO, there was a glaring omission in last years games: Left handed batters NOT hitting homers to right field. I specifically watched for this last year over 40 actual games CPU vs CPU, and not ONE lefty hit a homer to right field, not one. if someone could, please keep an eye out for this. yep, I know it's a little thing, but I strive for realistic gameplay, and if righty's can hit homers to left and left center and center, then leftys should be able to do the same.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
I haven't bought the game yet, this is the longest I have waited to buy a Baseball game in years, but I'm now very cautious. I play almost exclusively CPU vs CPU, and the past two years games just sucked so badly, IMO. I'm interested in seeing how the stats are coming out, with the slider settings in this post. ALSO, there was a glaring omission in last years games: Left handed batters NOT hitting homers to right field. I specifically watched for this last year over 40 actual games CPU vs CPU, and not ONE lefty hit a homer to right field, not one. if someone could, please keep an eye out for this. yep, I know it's a little thing, but I strive for realistic gameplay, and if righty's can hit homers to left and left center and center, then leftys should be able to do the same.
Running my CPU Yankees franchise, up against the Rangers I just watched Mitch Moreland jack 2 homers into right field, the second hitting the foul pole. Can't get much more right field than that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »