Home

A better way for a rookie ?

This is a discussion on A better way for a rookie ? within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

TheGriphoner's Arena

OVR: 0
A better way for a rookie ?

Hi mates, I ask this question:
what could be the best setting of the sliders, for a rookie who wants to start again playing good to mlb 2k ?
I'm using a cross between the setting of rookie and the setting of pro. But the cpu still beats too many balls outside (and powerful) than me that I can not hardly ever exceed the inner
Could you help me ?
I don't want to win necessarily, but at least I want to have fun

THANK YOU

Ps: now i'm setting the sliders with suggestions of the others threads. Certainly isn't best thing for me, also if I had fun in a minor league match. I've lost 6-0, but the game play has been more realistic. the fact remains that the cpu sent the balls in the outfield areas, while I remained planted in the inner zone, with fast eliminations

Now i'm using:

Controller Setup:
- Total Batting
- Total Control Pitching

Controller Options:
- Batter's Eye: Off (or user preference)
- Pitch Aim: Breakpoint Aim

Pitcher Fatigue: 50
Active Bullpen: On
Catcher Suggestion: On

USER BATTING:
Batting Contact: 65
Batting Power: 70
Bunt Contact: 65
Bunt Success: 65
Batter Eye Frequency: 70

CPU BATTING:
AI Batting Contact: 50
AI Batting Power: 50
AI Bunt Contact: 50
AI Bunt Success: 50

USER PITCHING:
Pitch Meter Speed: 55
Pitch Speed: 60
Pitch Break Influence: 50
Pitcher Composure Influence: 35
Pitcher Control: 50

CPU PITCHING:
AI Pitch Speed: 55
AI Pitch Success: 60
AI Strike Zone Tendency: 50
AI Pitch Break Influence: 50
AI Pitcher Composure Influence: 35

USER FIELDING:
Throw Accuracy: 60
Gather Error Frequency: 40
Throwing Error Frequency: 40
Outfield Throw Speed: 60
Infield Throw Speed: 60
Outfield Run Speed: 30
Infield Run Speed: 30

CPU FIELDING:
AI Gather Error Frequency: 40
AI Throwing Error Frequency: 60
AI Outfield Throw Speeds: 60
AI Infield Throw Speeds: 60
AI Outfield Run Speed: 30
AI Infield Run Speed: 30

USER RUNNING:
Base Runner Speed: 45
Pickoff Success: 55
Catcher Arm Strength: 60
Catcher Arm Accuracy: 60

CPU RUNNING:
AI Base Runner Speed: 45
AI Hit-n-Run Tendency: 40
AI Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 40
AI Squeeze Tendency: 40
AI Base Running Aggression: 45
AI Steal Aggression: 45
AI Catcher Arm Strength: 45
AI Catcher Arm Accuracy: 40
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Rookie

TheGriphoner's Arena

Re: A better way for a rookie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriphoner
Hi mates

Please, no one would answer me ?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Rookie

NelsonBis's Arena

OVR: 2

Practice makes perfect mate, timing of the swing is important and after a while you will soon pick it up. If I were you I'd raise the pitch speeds a little. You have the AI pitching at 55, try 60 or more.

Last edited by NelsonBis; 08-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Rookie

TheGriphoner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonBis
Practice makes perfect mate, timing of the swing is important and after a while you will soon pick it up. If I were you I'd raise the pitch speeds a little. You have the AI pitching at 55, try 60 or more.
Thank you, i'll do. Something about the ratings of sliders i've created ?

Bye
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you are still having trouble, here are the changes I'd make to your sliders. I will second what the other person said, practice does make perfect. But I know it is no fun to get killed game after game.

One thing other than sliders. What camera angle are you using to hit? Everyone here seems to use a different one, and I know there are some that I just can not time my hitting at all. Look around at what others are using, and try a few camera angles. I still haven't found the one I'm going to stick with, but I'm using the default camera, zoom set to 3 and height set to 3. BIGFNJOE96 uses Batter 2, Zoom 1, Height 7 MKHarsh uses the default zoomed in one (so zoom set to 6 if I'm correct.) Ok, sliders...

Turn Batter Eye Frequency from 70 to 100. Lower after you can hit well. This will tell you the general area of every pitch. To hit in this game, you MUST learn to wait for your pitch. If you are swinging at pitches low and outside, you are going to hit weak ground balls every time. If one of the directions light up, take the pitch unless it looks good. If the whole strike zone lights up, swing away. It is important to lower this after you are comfortable hitting, or you will walk way too much, but use it while you need it.

Go ahead and turn your Power up to 80. Turn it down later if needed.

I wouldn't turn your contact up anymore though. Once you get the hang of hitting, you will get 66 hits a game with 65 contact.

Turn the CPU contact down to 30 or 40. Some slider sets have it at 50 but a lot of them have it lower. No shame in lowering it. If the game gets too easy, raise it up.

Lower the User Pitcher Composure Influence from 35 to 5. Or 0. Every slider set drops this to next to nothing. This is one of the most unrealistic things in this game, IMHO. I had a 4 run lead the other day, gave up two singles, and my pitcher, with a composure of 83, was shaking like a leaf in the third inning. With the Composure setting at 15. I mean, I couldn't hold the aiming cursor in the strike zone it was shaking so badly. Come on now. Any pitcher who fell apart after two singles would never make the majors. With the setting at 35, you are just making the game way harder than it has to be, especially if you are already having trouble.

Like NelsonBis says, raise the CPU pitch speed. At the least it will help with timing. I'm not sure about the physics engine in this game, but I know past baseball games took the pitch speed into account when calculating the results of the contact, so at the most it could be part of the reason you can't get it out of the infield.

That's it for sliders.

One last thing.

How determined are you to use Total Control Batting? I know it's the default setting in the game, but look around. A lot of people are using Classic hitting. Personally, while I love Total Control Pitching, I would rather stick hot needles under my fingernails than use total control hitting.

I also suck at Total control hitting. Which isn't the reason I don't like it. If I enjoyed it, I could learn the timing, I play enough video games. But....It just isn't fun to me, and I have no interest in putting the effort at getting good at it.

If you just can't get the hang of it, even with the sliders, switch to Classic Hitting and try. That is how a lot of us play.

Hope something here helped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Rookie

NelsonBis's Arena

OVR: 2

Very good reply ssakas. Though others have said the pitch speed has no effect I disagree, I've noticed far more hits at higher speeds. To me it's easier to make contact with the ball at 60 (default) but more difficult to get the ball past the infielders as opposed to a higher speed, and same goes for the AI's batting against user pitch speed.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

TheGriphoner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssakas
If you are still having trouble, here are the changes I'd make to your sliders. I will second what the other person said, practice does make perfect. But I know it is no fun to get killed game after game.

One thing other than sliders. What camera angle are you using to hit? Everyone here seems to use a different one, and I know there are some that I just can not time my hitting at all. Look around at what others are using, and try a few camera angles. I still haven't found the one I'm going to stick with, but I'm using the default camera, zoom set to 3 and height set to 3. BIGFNJOE96 uses Batter 2, Zoom 1, Height 7 MKHarsh uses the default zoomed in one (so zoom set to 6 if I'm correct.) Ok, sliders...
Ok, i'll do

Quote:
Turn Batter Eye Frequency from 70 to 100. Lower after you can hit well. This will tell you the general area of every pitch. To hit in this game, you MUST learn to wait for your pitch. If you are swinging at pitches low and outside, you are going to hit weak ground balls every time. If one of the directions light up, take the pitch unless it looks good. If the whole strike zone lights up, swing away. It is important to lower this after you are comfortable hitting, or you will walk way too much, but use it while you need it.
Ok, i have the BEF at 75

Quote:
Go ahead and turn your Power up to 80. Turn it down later if needed.
Batting power at 75 now

Quote:
I wouldn't turn your contact up anymore though. Once you get the hang of hitting, you will get 66 hits a game with 65 contact.
Batting Contact now at 65

Quote:
Turn the CPU contact down to 30 or 40. Some slider sets have it at 50 but a lot of them have it lower. No shame in lowering it. If the game gets too easy, raise it up.
AI BATTING CONTACT CPU, now at 50. Meanwhile it's good

Quote:
Lower the User Pitcher Composure Influence from 35 to 5. Or 0. Every slider set drops this to next to nothing. This is one of the most unrealistic things in this game, IMHO. I had a 4 run lead the other day, gave up two singles, and my pitcher, with a composure of 83, was shaking like a leaf in the third inning. With the Composure setting at 15. I mean, I couldn't hold the aiming cursor in the strike zone it was shaking so badly. Come on now. Any pitcher who fell apart after two singles would never make the majors. With the setting at 35, you are just making the game way harder than it has to be, especially if you are already having trouble.
Composure, now at 20 from 35

Quote:
Like NelsonBis says, raise the CPU pitch speed. At the least it will help with timing. I'm not sure about the physics engine in this game, but I know past baseball games took the pitch speed into account when calculating the results of the contact, so at the most it could be part of the reason you can't get it out of the infield.
AI PITCH SPEED increased to 65

Quote:
That's it for sliders.
Thank you very much.
these important tips, will help me improve. I would get 2012 edition, at least having learned something

Quote:
One last thing.

How determined are you to use Total Control Batting? I know it's the default setting in the game, but look around. A lot of people are using Classic hitting. Personally, while I love Total Control Pitching, I would rather stick hot needles under my fingernails than use total control hitting.

I also suck at Total control hitting. Which isn't the reason I don't like it. If I enjoyed it, I could learn the timing, I play enough video games. But....It just isn't fun to me, and I have no interest in putting the effort at getting good at it.

If you just can't get the hang of it, even with the sliders, switch to Classic Hitting and try. That is how a lot of us play.

Hope something here helped.

I like the total control batting with the stick.

And i thank you very much for your patient and for your tips.

Last edited by TheGriphoner; 09-10-2011 at 01:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »