Home

Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Com vs Com sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Running my CPU Yankees franchise, up against the Rangers I just watched Mitch Moreland jack 2 homers into right field, the second hitting the foul pole. Can't get much more right field than that!
SWEET!!! this alone makes it more likely that I will be purchasing the game within the next two weeks. another question: is there still the "stamina" issue where the starting pitcher would regain his full stamina after reaching a certain point in the game? this was a problem in last years game, I'm not sure if they ever got it patched/fixed. I believe they would start at 99 stamina, go down to like 55, then voila! back to 99. I traded mine in a month or so after buying it, hopefully, I won't have to go through that this year. thanks for any info you guys can give!!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
Pro

johnriii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by randogu
Here is what I'm currently using for CPU v CPU games.

All credit goes to BIGFNJOE96 and BLAZZEN as the slider sets they are working on are very much the base for this. BIGFNJOE96's set for 2k10 was a great foundation for CPUvCPU sliders last season and the same principles seem to be in play this year.

The things I'll be watching for as I get to watch more games will be: adjusting CPU POWER and a possible lowering of CPU STRIKE ZONE TEND.

BATTING:
Power: 75
Bunt Contact: 75
Bunt Success: 75

PITCHING: (CPU)

Pitch Speed: 75
Pitch Success: 85
Strike Zone Tendency: 40
Pitch Break Influence: 50
Pitcher Composure Influence: 25

FIELDING: (CPU)

Gather Error Frequency: 75
Throwing Error Frequency: 75
Outfield Throw Speed: 60
Infield Throw Speed: 60
Outfield Run Speed: 25
Infield Run Speed: 25

RUNNING: (CPU)

Base Runner Speed: 40
Hit N Run Tendency: 80
Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 75
Squeeze Tendency: 35
Base Running Aggression: 100
Steal Aggression: 65
Catcher Arm Strength: 60
Catcher Arm Accuracy: 45
Looking forward to statistics from these. they look similar from what I used last year, before the stamina bug wore me out. itching to buy this game, but cash is tight, can't afford to "roll the dice" again like I did the past two seasons. not looking for the perfect game, but lets get the obvious things right, like pitchers stamina???
Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
Pro

johnriii's Arena

well, after much research, trolling, and contemplating, I went out and bought the game today. the slider set I'm using is BIGFNJOE's set on this forum, only the CPU settings. I used a inning by inning format below for the first three innings below. I'm "managing" the white sox.

1st inning. White sox smack around Indians starter, get the bases loaded. Castro takes pitcher to 3-2 count. Then he doubles to right center, scoring all three. Funny thing is, this double could’ve been gobbled up by the 2nd baseman had he been in the right position, instead the ball rolls all the way to the wall. Red flag? Indian starter pulled in the first inning after a SS throwing error could not end the inning. Indians relief pitcher: one pitch, flyout to center. Inning over. Indians face nine batters

Indians 1st. leadoff hitter works count to 2-2, then lines out to to 3b. next hitter flies out to center on three pitches. Third batter works count to 3-2, then draws a walk. Next batter strikes out to end the inning. Buerhle threw a lot of pitches.

Chisox 2nd inning. Rios strikes out 4 pitches. Next batter grounds out to 2b. dunn flies out to LF on first pitch.
Indians 2nd inning: Indian leadoff hitter strikes out looking. Next batter strikes out on 5 pitches. Next batter grounds hard to 3b..three outs.
Chisox 3rd inning Konerko works a 6 pitch walk. Quentin strikes out in a 8 pitch at bat. Castro lines a single to right, konerko stops at 2nd. Pierzinski grounds into 6-4-3 double play.
Indians 3rd: first batter flies out to center on 1st pitch. Next batter singles to left, down third base line. (another red flag?) next batter singles up the middle. Choo up now with 2 on base. He strikes out. Laporta batting with two outs. He strikes out looking.
(END OF DIARY)
the game ended with me somewhat optimistic (white sox 4 indians 1). Buerhle struck out way too many hitters, (5.2 inns, 7 strikeouts) but I'm not going to freak over this. R. Perez for the indians struck out 3 hitters in 1.3 inns, but I think he is a strikeout pitcher. I will have to watch this, as I've seen all over the forum about the abundance of strikeouts. the indians one lone run came off of a homer from Laporta, against a tiring Buerhle. I also wondered about batters pulling the ball, as this was a big issue for me last year. this game seemed to have a nice balance of hitters pulling pitches (the homer went to left field) and hitting away, based on where the pitcher threw the ball. Adam dunn didn't pull the ball at all in three at bats, so I'm going to be watching this as i move along. all in all, I'm not disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OK, so I get to the top of the 7th, and the game literally freezes up. nothing you can do but turn it off. lost game, pretty pissed about that. I'm assuming this is one of the problems that needs to be patched? I hadn't seen any threads about it, but I assume since I've heard about this in past years games (never happened to me though) that it's possible in this game. what a BUMMER.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
OK, so I get to the top of the 7th, and the game literally freezes up. nothing you can do but turn it off. lost game, pretty pissed about that. I'm assuming this is one of the problems that needs to be patched? I hadn't seen any threads about it, but I assume since I've heard about this in past years games (never happened to me though) that it's possible in this game. what a BUMMER.
I run into the same type of freeze every once in awhile when in Franchise mode. Not sure what triggers it.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
Pro

johnriii's Arena

I will be posting stats from a game I ran with Holy grail sliders in this forum (two small differences). so far, I liked what I saw from them, but i wonder if contact is up too high. EXACTLY what does contact do? raising it makes for more hits, or just more contact?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
Pro

johnriii's Arena

well, here we go; all credit goes to bulls23 and his sliders. I copied his sliders exactly, and ran two games. first game ended with the cubs (me) winning 5-3 vs the pirates. there were only four strikeouts between the two teams, so I tweaked the pitchers sucess and strike zone tendency to 55 from 50. below is the results I got:

Cubs 13 18 0
pirates 2 7 0

the cubs starter garza suffered an injury in the 2nd inning, so gorzelanny finished up the game. two big innings for the cubs blew the game open, but I wonder if the contact needs to be lowered. the pirates had no homers, Cubs had three. I should probably run a few more games with these settings to see how those came out. BTW, there were 11 strikeouts and 3 walks between the two teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
Pro

johnriii's Arena

CUBS 2 9 3
PIRATES 5 13 0

no adjustments on sliders at all, and this game was pretty balanced. AI didn't pull any stupid moves, thank goodness. Zambrano pitched 5.2 inn with 4ks and 3 walks. AI mgr pulled him for a pinch hitter.Pirates Neil Walker hit a homer off marshall in the 7th to break a 2-2 tie, barely clearing the wall down into the left field bleachers. overall, I like what I see, however, in the three games with these sliders, I've seen 7 triples, three of those by tyler colvin! what would I adjust to stop that? outfielder run speed? I'm gonna run a few more with these settings to see what trends are happening. 9 strikeouts (including a called third strike for Meek to end the game) and 6 walks between the teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »