Home

Old 03-31-2011, 02:11 AM   #17
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Com vs Com sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
I will be posting stats from a game I ran with Holy grail sliders in this forum (two small differences). so far, I liked what I saw from them, but i wonder if contact is up too high. EXACTLY what does contact do? raising it makes for more hits, or just more contact?

I'm pretty sure it controls bat on ball contact which would have a possible side effect of more hits.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by randogu
I'm pretty sure it controls bat on ball contact which would have a possible side effect of more hits.
yeah, I've run a few more games since my last post, without any changes, and I believe I'm getting realistic hit results per teams. I will post stats from my last game later, but it looks like I've found the perfect set, IMO.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

is there any way to alter cam angles when watching cpu v cpu
Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
yeah, I've run a few more games since my last post, without any changes, and I believe I'm getting realistic hit results per teams. I will post stats from my last game later, but it looks like I've found the perfect set, IMO.
So which slider set have you decided was best suited for you? Have you made any additional tweeks? I am thinking about getting the game for CPU v CPU pyrposes.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #21
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
is there any way to alter cam angles when watching cpu v cpu
Take control of a team and then the CAMERA SETTINGS section should be available. Once you have the settings where you want them CHOOSE SIDES back to cpu v cpu and you should be good to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #22
Pro

johnriii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
So which slider set have you decided was best suited for you? Have you made any additional tweeks? I am thinking about getting the game for CPU v CPU pyrposes.
kingdevin,
I have made changes to the power setting, and pitching. I'm running late for work, but I will post my changes and box scores from 3-4 games with my new settings sometime over the weekend. I didn't think anyone really cared about cpu vs cpu, so I stopped posting. all in all, I love the different varieties of games I'm getting, and things that happen in this game actually happen in real baseball. more on this in a couple of days.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #23
Pro

johnriii's Arena

here is the slider set I'm using now. all are CPU only, since this is CPU VS CPU.

batting contact 40
batting power 75
bunt contact 50
bunt sucess 50

AI Pitch speed 75
AI Pitch success 65
AI strike zone tendency 55
AI pitch break influence 50
Composure influence 5

Gather error frequency 60
throwing error frequency 60
Oufield throw speeds 60
infield throw speeds 50
Outfield run speed 25 (this may need to be upped, seeing lots of triples, IMO)
Infield run speed 25

base runner speed 50
hit n run tendency 75
sac bunt tendency 75
squeeze tendency 65
base running aggression 100
steal aggression 75 (not seeing enough attempts, IMO)
catcher arm strength 60
catcher arm accuracy 40

for the most part, these are the same as the sliders in the holy grail thread (unless they've been changed!) but power was sporadic at his original settings, even though I was getting good hit numbers, the homers were very lacking. I went four straight games without a homer from either team, so I raised it to 75. then, I had to make an adjustment to pitcher success, to kind of balance out the power surge, and it seems to have worked. A. Ramirez for the Cubs has 7 Homers in 27 games, which is a little above where I think he should be, but not completely unrealistic. Soriano has 3, and with these settings, he strikes out A LOT on pitches out of the strike zone, which is Def very realistic. also, I have turned off injuries completely until the patch comes out.

reply to this post if you would like to see actual box scores on a regular basis (for those of you who haven't bought the game yet...) I will post a couple of games over the next few days, and if I see interest, I will continue. if not, I will discontinue. any feedback or advice would be much appreciated.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
Pro

johnriii's Arena

Here's a 3 game series and results of CUBS VS REDS

REDS 0 VS CUBS 3
HITS REDS 7 CUBS 7
HRS REDS 0 CUBS 1 (COLVIN)
pitching
cubs pitchers 15 strikeouts, 3 walks
reds pitchers 9 strikeouts, 6 walks

REDS 1 CUBS 2 (14 inns)
HITS REDS 10 CUBS 11
HRS REDS 1 (votto) CUBS 0
pitching
Cubs pitchers 12 strikeouts 1 walk
Reds pitchers 14 strikeouts 6 walks

REDS 6 CUBS 7
HITS REDS 14 CUBS 9
HRS REDS (b,phillips) CUBS 3 (pena, soto, soriano)
pitching
Cubs pitchers 12 strikeouts, 0 walks
Reds pitchers 6 strikeouts 3 walks

My biggest dilemma is do i up the power slider, and risk a homer fest. I'm also getting way too many strikeouts, so either pitch success should come down, or contact should go up. I'm leaning to the former, that may solve the lack of power problem as well. or maybe I'm just watching too much sportscenter, and the power numbers are fine. I will post once more this week, depending on feedback from others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »