Home

Old 04-19-2020, 07:40 PM   #15329
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Things don't usually get thrown from there, but from what I heard, there are fights at times up there and security kicking people out.

I was planning on going there this season. Haven't been in 500 level in ages, but I got good seats behind home plate. So much for that.

I only get to 2 games a year (3 if I’m lucky) but I’ve never seen a fight up there. I’ve never had a bad experience. Like I said, some loud mouths who are mostly pretty funny actually. Definitely seen some booted out before.

And on a plus the view is actually pretty good from up there. I’ve sat down the first and third base lines before and by the end of the night your neck is pretty stiff from watching the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-19-2020, 07:58 PM   #15330

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I only get to 2 games a year (3 if I’m lucky) but I’ve never seen a fight up there. I’ve never had a bad experience. Like I said, some loud mouths who are mostly pretty funny actually. Definitely seen some booted out before.

And on a plus the view is actually pretty good from up there. I’ve sat down the first and third base lines before and by the end of the night your neck is pretty stiff from watching the game.

Whenever I sat there in the past I'd always be near the baseline side, higher up. That's why I wanted to try the seats closer to the front by home plate. Look straight ahead at the jumbotron for replays and batting lineup, but just look down for the action.

Only thing I never remembered is how high those railings are. I don't want to have a seat where the railings obstruct my view. For row 1 you have railings and the wall, which is why went with row 2 just in case the wall or railing height obstructed part of my view.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #15331
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Whenever I sat there in the past I'd always be near the baseline side, higher up. That's why I wanted to try the seats closer to the front by home plate. Look straight ahead at the jumbotron for replays and batting lineup, but just look down for the action.

Only thing I never remembered is how high those railings are. I don't want to have a seat where the railings obstruct my view. For row 1 you have railings and the wall, which is why went with row 2 just in case the wall or railing height obstructed part of my view.

Railings were never a problem for me. I was always WAY up there. LOL.

For all the hate I’ve seen on the Skydome ( Rogers Center ) any seat I’ve ever had has been pretty good. As far as view anyway.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #15332

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Railings were never a problem for me. I was always WAY up there. LOL.

For all the hate I’ve seen on the Skydome ( Rogers Center ) any seat I’ve ever had has been pretty good. As far as view anyway.

The OF seats aren't so good. Cant see the jumbotron from most of those seats, and you're obviously as far from home plate as you can be. I sat a couple rows up in the 100 level one time. Worst seats I had. You're almost 400 feet away from home plate, cant see the jumbotron, and the 200 level is above you, meaning its just a giant slab of concrete. Feels so confining.

This won't impact the viewing experience at all, but would be nice if they have more attractions inside. Like plaques, banners and other things inside that's worth checking out.

And outside absolutely needs statues. How they dont have a statue of Joe Carter after he hit the walk off, or Alomar after his ALCS HR is beyond me.

Leafs legends row is a cool attraction. Jays should do that for their level of excellence guys as well. There's so much space by the 3B and 1B gates. Each side could have different statues.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:30 PM   #15333
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
The OF seats aren't so good. Cant see the jumbotron from most of those seats, and you're obviously as far from home plate as you can be. I sat a couple rows up in the 100 level one time. Worst seats I had. You're almost 400 feet away from home plate, cant see the jumbotron, and the 200 level is above you, meaning its just a giant slab of concrete. Feels so confining.

This won't impact the viewing experience at all, but would be nice if they have more attractions inside. Like plaques, banners and other things inside that's worth checking out.

And outside absolutely needs statues. How they dont have a statue of Joe Carter after he hit the walk off, or Alomar after his ALCS HR is beyond me.

Leafs legends row is a cool attraction. Jays should do that for their level of excellence guys as well. There's so much space by the 3B and 1B gates. Each side could have different statues.

Definitely they need more than just the level of excellence for past players.Joe Carter should have a statue as well.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:11 AM   #15334
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

speaking of names like Price and Fielder, where does the late 2000s early 2010s Tigers teams rank among the best teams to not win?

(worded poorly, I apologize)
Old 04-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #15335

Majingir's Arena

Never knew this. As were gonna sign MJ to a major league deal in 94?

Given what their attendance was like and the fact that the team was on a decline since 92, I could see that happening.

And how much worse would he have been than their bench options at OF? Ernie Young had 2 hits in 31AB. Eric Fox had a .205 average. Not like MJ would be some .250 hitter, but he wouldn't have hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #15336

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Never knew this. As were gonna sign MJ to a major league deal in 94?

Given what their attendance was like and the fact that the team was on a decline since 92, I could see that happening.

And how much worse would he have been than their bench options at OF? Ernie Young had 2 hits in 31AB. Eric Fox had a .205 average. Not like MJ would be some .250 hitter, but he wouldn't have hurt.
Come on now. What was his AA average? He had no business on an MLB team. The only reason he got a shot IIRC was because the Bulls owner also owned the White Sox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »