Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-22-2020, 04:26 PM   #15345
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Well, at least Manfred did something smart by releasing it now instead of closer to the season (whenever that is). Looking forward to reading the report later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #15346
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Well, at least Manfred did something smart by releasing it now instead of closer to the season (whenever that is). Looking forward to reading the report later.
I don't know what you mean by that, but I'm personally upset that the Astros are going to get away with this much, much more than they would have if this season played out regularly. Not just from punishments, but also fans and the media.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-22-2020, 04:29 PM   #15347

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

How is taking away a draft pick so impactful in MLB? In NBA if you lose a pick, that's like losing a starting roster player. In MLB, that's like losing a lottery ticket you won't get to see results on for years.

They should suspend a specified game amount, not a possible lost season. If a player gets suspended 50 games, dont they miss 50 games, whenever the 50 games begins for that specific guy?
Old 04-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #15348
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't know what you mean by that, but I'm personally upset that the Astros are going to get away with this much, much more than they would have if this season played out regularly. Not just from punishments, but also fans and the media.
Ummm, what do you think it means? It means Manfred is stupid enough to have his "investigation unit" tell him "boss here is the report ready" on April 22th but then him saying, "nah, I'm going to sit on it and release it the day before Opening Day".
Old 04-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #15349
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Ummm, what do you think it means? It means Manfred is stupid enough to have his "investigation unit" tell him "boss here is the report ready" on April 22th but then him saying, "nah, I'm going to sit on it and release it the day before Opening Day".

Oh, I was more under the impression of maybe they would instead spend more time investigating. Forget it, I sounded stupid.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-22-2020, 06:33 PM   #15350

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Oh, I was more under the impression of maybe they would instead spend more time investigating. Forget it, I sounded stupid.
I don't think it was a dumb question or made you sound stupid. I didn't really understand it either.

I think releasing it now is taking the easy way. There will hardly be any scrutiny of it because that's the least of anyone's worries right now.

I could care less about that at this moment. To me, this is like the equivalent of a team holding onto a big news drop until a moment they can release it when it will get swept under the rug.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #15351
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

It depends when the investigation was completed. If it was completed recently then that's that, you can't fault MLB for releasing it now because the standard should be "release it as soon as you have it" and if it happens to coincide with a date which is beneficial to the League (because nobody is paying attention) then so be it.

If it was completed, I don't know, mid-February and he held it until now then I would have a problem with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2020, 10:49 PM   #15352
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

BTW - from what I'm hearing, it isn't that the Boston players weren't found guilty as much as it is they didn't talk (despite having immunity). Apparently some players did talk/were found guilty, but their names will not be mentioned due to said immunity.

All in all, this seems pretty light...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »