Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-13-2024, 07:06 PM   #19441
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Whiny toddlers with their fractured skulls and permanent brain injuries are to blame for the inconvenience.

**** them.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/astros...ry?id=79460039

I want to see my baseball and I don't care how many children die or get ****ed up. Selfish bastards.

/s

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Funny, the net wouldn't've protected a child from a foul ball where I was sitting. Yet I was obstructed by the net. There were also closer patrons in the outfield bleachers who didn't have a net in front of them.

And like I said, they should've sat farther away then. They knew the risks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2024, 07:09 PM   #19442
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Don't think it is dumb to get annoyed at this. You go to a game to be entertained and if there is something that significantly diminishes that experience then that's something could be addressed.

Did you get those seat at the last moment? Maybe those seats were available because they are considered "buyer beware", like when seats are clearly obstructed by a foul pole and whatnot. Maybe regular Giants fans already know that that's a bad angle and are seats to be avoided.

******** src="moz-extension://74e07901-b4a0-4869-b751-7c089b6e50af/js/app.js" type="text/javascript">
Mine was last minute, but as I said it was to sit next to my sister and her husband who bought seats in a Mother's Day discount thingy. I couldn't take advantage of the discount if I wanted to sit next to them, so I paid full price.

I would volunteer to help every MLB team though have a little caution about the seats they sit in as to whether they are obstructed/protected by netting or not. Like, I could find the exact line that differentiates between that for every park, so when you click on that seat before you pay you know. I actually didn't know the Giants extended their netting all the way down the line. I even looked at images to be sure of it, but they must've all been outdated.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-13-2024, 07:12 PM   #19443
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Maybe regular Giants fans already know that that's a bad angle and are seats to be avoided.
Looking forward to hearing if Blzer considers himself a regular Giants fan lmao. If not, maybe its not too late to start catching his Bay area games at the Coliseum, where there is sooo much foulball area distance between the plate and the stands, you don't need netting, you need binoculars.
#44Syracuse
One is convicted, the other is a liar. Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Vote: None of the Above
Old 05-13-2024, 07:38 PM   #19444
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Looking forward to hearing if Blzer considers himself a regular Giants fan lmao. If not, maybe its not too late to start catching his Bay area games at the Coliseum, where there is sooo much foulball area distance between the plate and the stands, you don't need netting, you need binoculars.
Ha, there is tons of truth about them A's games. That's why I generally buy outfield bleacher seats there.

Speaking of distance, when I was a kid I went to a Giants-A's interleague game in Oakland, and we basically had dead-center at the very top of Mt. Davis. It was incredible that you heard a distinct delay in sound after contact when up there. That's basically how "far away" you are.

Anyway, now that I live in the Sacramento area, I barely get to go to Giants games. I'm 0-2 times a year. I'll go to equally as many River Cats games (which they too, sadly, extended their netting as well), and with the A's moving out here I'll get to see more of them.

Because of the netting, I'll now often get outfield bleachers, or club or view level. I don't do behind dugouts or anything anymore with that obstruction. My favorite seats at Oracle Park are the right field arcade bleachers, but it seems everybody has caught on and those now cost around $60+. I'll still get those if I have the chance.

But yep, massive Giants fan considering I'll still watch all of their 162 in some capacity (as well as the Braves, of course).
Old 05-13-2024, 08:32 PM   #19445

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd be nervous about being kidnapped and locked in one of those abandoned luxury suites at an A's game, never to be heard from again. That place is dire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2024, 08:40 PM   #19446

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'd be nervous about being kidnapped and locked in one of those abandoned luxury suites at an A's game, never to be heard from again. That place is dire.
Also - I heard the opossum is still on the loose.
Old 05-17-2024, 01:57 AM   #19447
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Also - I heard the opossum is still on the loose.
I'm happy for the opossums family. It's kids can now inherit the colosseum.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:02 PM   #19448
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

Cardinals city connect jerseys are here

https://x.com/MLB/status/1792543498299658427

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »