Home

Your brain fart(s) of the day

This is a discussion on Your brain fart(s) of the day within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2022, 08:14 PM   #249
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

and file this one under The Further Restroom Misadventures of Caulfield:

I just can't seem to win for losing.

left out of Paula Deen's in Pigeon Forge a little while ago but stopped off in their restroom before I walked out.
saw another person coming through to the restrooms so I politely held the door open for them to enter.
only to realise it was a woman going into the women's restroom.

double whammy, brain fert/faux pas

A Work in Progress
Old 09-04-2022, 12:35 PM   #250

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I was outside and my back towards the fence while I was doing something.

Neighbour: Hey mister, do you mind helping me for a second?

Me: Sure.

*Turn around*

Nobody's there. They weren't talking to me. They were in their yard talking to someone else. I'm hoping they didn't hear my response, but they probably did.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:17 PM   #251
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I just held an automatic door open for someone.

I gotta eat something.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 02:50 PM   #252
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Was grabbing something at WalMart, had a gift card for it. I ring the item up, then the gift card, wondering why it wasn't taking. Turns out I didn't hit "Pay" first and the register thought I was buying the gift card too instead.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 03-28-2024, 01:58 AM   #253
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I just held an automatic door open for someone.

I gotta eat something.

this probly isn't a brain fart but it's auto door related, I set the alarm off when I went through the door at the store, so I pulled back and waited for someone to check my receipt.

no one came. There were people sitting around on benches being like "just go, man", but they weren't workers. I want the "all clear" from someone to let me know I'm good to go

I'm standing around like "um hello?" finally I started running my cart though the detector over and over so the alarm would go off continuously lol, finally the U Scan worker waives to me, but she didn't really waive, her hand was steady, like a stop signal. She stares at me like she's saying "just go!" but her hand signal was to stop! I say "am I good? are you sure" and everyone was annoyed with me

but it's like, if I ran though the door after the alarm went off they might've thought I was legit stealing

Last edited by l3ulvl; 03-28-2024 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:32 AM   #254
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
this probly isn't a brain fart but it's auto door related, I set the alarm off when I went through the door at the store, so I pulled back and waited for someone to check my receipt.

no one came. There were people sitting around on benches being like "just go, man", but they weren't workers. I want the "all clear" from someone to let me know I'm good to go

I'm standing around like "um hello?" finally I started running my cart though the detector over and over so the alarm would go off continuously lol, finally the U Scan worker waives to me, but she didn't really waive, her hand was steady, like a stop signal. She stares at me like she's saying "just go!" but her hand signal was to stop! I say "am I good? are you sure" and everyone was annoyed with me

but it's like, if I ran though the door after the alarm went off they might've thought I was legit stealing
I'm the same. I'm too honest at a store, haha.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I leave a store not having purchased something. Not guilty that I didn't make a purchase, but in making them think that I was stealing something in the process haha.

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-28-2024, 02:40 AM   #255
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Was grabbing something at WalMart, had a gift card for it. I ring the item up, then the gift card, wondering why it wasn't taking. Turns out I didn't hit "Pay" first and the register thought I was buying the gift card too instead.

I thought I had a scheme down where I could buy a gift card with a gift card.

It was where Jamba Juice gave you something like a $30 gift card value for $25 or something, so I had this whole idea in place... and I can't remember what it was anymore.

Bottom line, you can't do it haha.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2024, 04:47 PM   #256

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm the same. I'm too honest at a store, haha.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I leave a store not having purchased something. Not guilty that I didn't make a purchase, but in making them think that I was stealing something in the process haha.

I literally don't even browse stores anymore for this reason, especially smaller locations where it might just be you and the cashier there. If I don't know for sure there's at least 1 thing I'm getting from a place I won't even bother.

Some locations are actually making this hard too. The only way you can exit is through the cashier section, but if you didn't buy anything, you're not waiting in line just to leave, and just walking past everyone thinking you're cutting and just leaving makes it look like you're stealing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »