Home

Your brain fart(s) of the day

This is a discussion on Your brain fart(s) of the day within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #217
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

Last week we had a couple days where the temp was in the single digits. Before leaving for work I like to start up my jeep and let it warm up. So I started it up and came back into the house for 10 minutes or so , then I spent 20 minutes looking for my keys and finally my wife said "um aren't they in your Jeep?"
Old 01-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #218
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Last week we had a couple days where the temp was in the single digits. Before leaving for work I like to start up my jeep and let it warm up. So I started it up and came back into the house for 10 minutes or so , then I spent 20 minutes looking for my keys and finally my wife said "um aren't they in your Jeep?"
that's a brain freeze combined with a brain fart

A Work in Progress
Old 01-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #219
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

On Friday I put some chicken wings in a marinade on the counter. Then forgot about them for 3 hours...

Yesterday I put some chicken and other ingredients in a slow cooker and set it to warm instead of hot. Notice about 3.5 hours later and the chicken was sitting at like 90°.

Didn't eat either.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #220

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

No sports for about a month now has taken its toll on me.

I was watching TV, they were doing a "best of" clip show for MLB. One of the people interviewed to talk about a moment from decades ago was the first base coach.

My initial thought "First base coach? He was the first guy to ever be a base coach?"

Come back sports!
Old 05-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #221

Majingir's Arena

Recently I spent maybe $60 on some items at a store I rarely shop at. I paid normally and that was that.

A few weeks later I was doing some cleaning and found giftcards from that very store!

Not really a brain fart, but had I remembered I had giftcards to that store, I would've just used it up. Who knows when the next time will be when I shop there. I guess I could just regift these cards come Christmas time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #222

Majingir's Arena

Lol, I was watching a rerun of a game on TV, and at the bottom they had their ticker on the screen. Usually in instances like this the network would just put their current ticket over top.

I was reading it and it started mentioning NBA trades, free agency, and MLB trade rumors.

I started wondering why any NBA team would give up a 1st round pick for a guy just for the playoffs, especially teams that won't make it past round 1, or MLB teams already targeting players to trade for.

Eventually I realized it was an old ticker once it started talking about guys being named to the all star team.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #223
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

rolled my car driver side window down so I could put my head out and make sure I didn't put the car in the ditch in front of my house as I backed out of the drive, like I always do and have done ever since the time 15+ years ago my brothers best friend put his car in that ditch. the brain fert wasn't that I put it in the ditch anyways but that I accidentally rolled the back window down and felt like I broke my nose when I put my face into the still rolled up front window. that's what you get when you keep your windows too clean and clear I guess

A Work in Progress
Old 09-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #224
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I worked on my FWD car a month ago, driving the front two wheels on ramps and chocking the rear wheels. Literally ten seconds before I got in my car to back out, I told myself to remember to remove the chocks. Somehow I forgot to, because when I was trying to reverse and wasn't going down (thinking I wasn't putting enough power to go over the small lip from the ramps), I later found my car slamming down on the ground hard as the ramps shot right out directly forward.

I don't think there was any damage to my car anywhere, but I can't believe that I did that and forgot. Oof.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »