Home

Your brain fart(s) of the day

This is a discussion on Your brain fart(s) of the day within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #233
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

Sometimes there are things that we should try and avoid saying to people because of their conditions/ailments. I just said one of those things.

I have a female friend during my high school days whom I used to converse with a lot over the phone and AIM, etc. She went to a different high school and we honestly only hung out a few times together. Anyway, she was born with only one finger on each hand (no thumb, just one finger each). She doesn't necessarily flaunt it, as if you see pictures of her online they'll always be behind something (her body, someone else's body, some object, etc.). I get it. Anyway, she's a cool person and we've pretty much only stayed connected on Facebook since... oh... maybe when I went to her 25th birthday?

Anyway, two hours ago she just posted: "I’m stoked to start my new job today, but maaaaaan first day jitters are kicking in hard! Here we go!" Naturally I 'like' it, and I want to wish her the best.

So, I said:

"You got this, Jess! Good luck, fingers crossed!"

I left that posted for ten minutes before I realized what I had just said! I went back and deleted it, but literally anybody could have read that during that time on her FB, including her.

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

had my worst brainfart ever, last week. so bad it was actually closer to a brainshart and I'm literally paying through the nose for it now. my company handed out annual turkeys last week. I usually give mine away to different people I know who could use it more. there's never a shortage of food around my house. truly blessed in that way.

anywho, I forgot I put it in my car's back floorboard and rode around with it there for about 4 days. when I started smelling something funky, my heart sunk and I finally remembered the turkey. because of Covid I haven't kept in touch with people like I normally do so I didn't already have someone in mind to gift the turkey. I have emptied about 5 cans of airfreshener to no avail and even left my car windows down for 3 days but this smell simply will not fade. it's worse than body odor. it's even worse than turkey odor. it's beyond turkey odor. it's BTO. I'd hate to have to set the car on fire and roll it down a hill but I might just have to.

A Work in Progress
Old 11-26-2020, 02:38 AM   #235
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
had my worst brainfart ever, last week. so bad it was actually closer to a brainshart and I'm literally paying through the nose for it now. my company handed out annual turkeys last week. I usually give mine away to different people I know who could use it more. there's never a shortage of food around my house. truly blessed in that way.

anywho, I forgot I put it in my car's back floorboard and rode around with it there for about 4 days. when I started smelling something funky, my heart sunk and I finally remembered the turkey. because of Covid I haven't kept in touch with people like I normally do so I didn't already have someone in mind to gift the turkey. I have emptied about 5 cans of airfreshener to no avail and even left my car windows down for 3 days but this smell simply will not fade. it's worse than body odor. it's even worse than turkey odor. it's beyond turkey odor. it's BTO. I'd hate to have to set the car on fire and roll it down a hill but I might just have to.

A few other options:

* Try dumping baking soda over the area and letting it set for about 15 minutes before vacuuming it up.

* Natural charcoal (not the stuff that self-lights) can absorb odors. Leave a small, open bag of it overnight in the car.

* Try to use an odor absorber in your vents.

* Use an equal-part solution of white vinegar and water. Use a sprayer to saturate the area. Then use a wet/dry vacuum to clean it up.

* Vacuum the area, shampoo it, then clean it with a wet/dry vac.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #236
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

had to go to the bank after work today but first I stopped at convenience store for a drink and quick snack. I guess I was already focused on bank mode because I told the lady ringing up my coke and slimjim I needed to withdraw $300 from my savings. she looked confused and said ''huh?''

I laughed and said ''don't mind him, he's an idiot''.
she looked more confused and said ''huh?''

A Work in Progress
Old 01-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #237
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

during last night's Clemson-Tosu Sugar Bowl, I kept having the same recurring mental block,
couldn't stop calling the Superdome the Sugardome.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #238
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I just now found out that I somehow have been making annually and monthly payments for an Adobe Photography Plan since 2015, basically doubling up my payments for no reason whatsoever.

I am in contact with Adobe right now, and I think they are going to help reimburse me for this 5+ year brain fart.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #239
Rookie

iwanttodownload's Arena

OVR: 0

I dont know what happened to me before. After eating dinner, I decided to bring my plate to the sink but I ended up putting it in the trash can. After a few seconds, I realized what stupidity I have done and decided not to get it back.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 PM   #240
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttodownload
I dont know what happened to me before. After eating dinner, I decided to bring my plate to the sink but I ended up putting it in the trash can. After a few seconds, I realized what stupidity I have done and decided not to get it back.
I'm notorious 'round these parts for throwing silverware away. I've tried to blame it on the maid for stealing said silverware, problem is we have no maid.

and when that was pointed out to me, I said and that's because we had to let her go for taking that silverware.
no dice, didn't work

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »