Home

Offensive rebounding

This is a discussion on Offensive rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #73
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Offensive rebounding

Rebounds seem ok to me. Only small gripe is the cpu recovers very fast before I can even box out for their own rebounds
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 12

personally i do like the balance 2k has struck with the rebounding.

This however may be a result of the more IQ shot spread the AI displays now.

In Previous years i've always adjusted OReb slider upwards and DReb sliders downwards but im not sure what i'll do for this year.

I havent really gotten stuck into a myleague yet as im waiting for that Hyperballer/DCAllAmerican style roster to pop up. Meanwhile im trying to find the best way to farm VC and taking time to create my legion of 40+ fantasy caps.

Off Topic: Despite the obvious omissions in the CAP, its vastly improved and the realism of the faces I sculpt stagger me everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Czar,

I need to play more games first to give a fair answer. But so far, I play 12 min hof sim and the rebounding seems ok in user v. User but not against hof cpu. The cpu gets better animations and is constantly grabbing boards over the back without a foul being called.
The problem with the better rebounding animations on HoF is that the CPU is getting a massive attribute point boost across the board. Chris Bosh's modest Dreb rating becomes more akin to D12's.
There's nothing you can really do about that 'less your willing to edit 300+ players

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 10-11-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 10

The one issue that I find makes it easier to rebound in myplayer is that as the computer is shooting their players tend to move. Like they don't find a spot, stick it, and get ready for the board. Because of that, you can push them or slide in and box them out.

not really sure exactly what they are doing. They seem to do this on offense and on D. On D they actually seem like they are trying to block the shot or gather the ball while it is in the air.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 8

I was going to post My Player stats, but came to the conclusion that it wouldn't make sense seeing as part of the games are simmed. I actually did keep track of how successful their putbacks are though. If I'm not close to the rim the computer hits 87%!! of their putbacks. I didn't keep track of mine, but I know for a fact it ain't that high. Even looking qualitatively at O Rebounding is tough because me controlling one guy is too much of a variable to account for. It feels slightly in the favor of the computer, but it's not really that bad. What's making it disgusting is how easily they score off of those putbacks.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 0

MAJOR problem noted now that I am playing full games...the CPU does not pass out after getting an ORB.

They go back up every time. This destroys the flow of the game as there's basically no second chance plays as NO ONE kicks out.

Ironically, NBA Live had this exact problem last year.

I don't know if this is just since the update, but I played the Lakers and Sacre, Hill, Boozer etc went back up after EVERY ORB and never kicked out even with me there to block them and Kobe, Young etc unguarded on the 3 point line.

Same thing when I played Phoenix. Their bigs went for put backs EVERY time.

Used Chicago (me) against Golden State and I had Noah and Pau crowd around their rebounders yet David Lee and Bogut went straight back up for the put back every time despite me not even guarding Curry on the perimeter. Lee would even go back up when I had two guys on him and he was facing away from the bucket. Absolutely ridiculous.

I am hoping this is some sort of tweak Da Czar made that has gone badly wrong and just needs to be tweaked again.

Every ORB ending in a contested put back kills the game. There's no second chance plays, kick outs, no resetting the offense and using repeated shot clocks..............just straight back up for a lay up or miss.

Rebounding is badly broken.

Please fix it...
Old 10-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #78
Just started!

OVR: 0

I mostly play online in online quick rank matches.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
MAJOR problem noted now that I am playing full games...the CPU does not pass out after getting an ORB.

They go back up every time. This destroys the flow of the game as there's basically no second chance plays as NO ONE kicks out.

Ironically, NBA Live had this exact problem last year.

I don't know if this is just since the update, but I played the Lakers and Sacre, Hill, Boozer etc went back up after EVERY ORB and never kicked out even with me there to block them and Kobe, Young etc unguarded on the 3 point line.

Same thing when I played Phoenix. Their bigs went for put backs EVERY time.

Used Chicago (me) against Golden State and I had Noah and Pau crowd around their rebounders yet David Lee and Bogut went straight back up for the put back every time despite me not even guarding Curry on the perimeter. Lee would even go back up when I had two guys on him and he was facing away from the bucket. Absolutely ridiculous.

I am hoping this is some sort of tweak Da Czar made that has gone badly wrong and just needs to be tweaked again.

Every ORB ending in a contested put back kills the game. There's no second chance plays, kick outs, no resetting the offense and using repeated shot clocks..............just straight back up for a lay up or miss.

Rebounding is badly broken.

Please fix it...
The no second chance plays is a REALLY good point. It completely undermines the kick out and reset game, and ignores the MAIN reason giving up offensive rebounds are bad-- that they up the effective FG% per offensive trip -- not that they create auto-put backs.

And as someone else mentioned, a big problem is simply that there are no long rebounds and almost all missed shots bounce off at easy putback ranges and don't result in fast break rebounds. I'm surprised 2k hasn't addressed this. I'm more surprised I've never thought that much of it.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 1
Offensive rebounding

GSW vs HOU and LAC
User vs AI
Superstar/Sim

So I find that my actual offensive rebounding numbers are fine-- I get as many as the CPU. However the way they occur and the auto-put backs are what's problematic. Though GSW is a top rebounding team so maybe I should be getting more than some teams.

Also the lack of box outs seem worse than the actual offensive numbers, and small guards rebounding and finishing at high percentages adds insult to injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »