Home

Offensive rebounding

This is a discussion on Offensive rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #65
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Offensive rebounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Have you guys played around with the boxout assist strength slider in the controller option screen? If so any results(good or bad)?
Definitely interested in this as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
what are the box out ratings of these people not boxing out? maybe its a tendency as well.
Lol. I doubt it considering it happened to Noah a few times and he has like a 92 box out rating.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #67
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller85
Lol. I doubt it considering it happened to Noah a few times and he has like a 92 box out rating.
I think this may sum up Joakim Noah and offensive rebounding by CPU:

Easy rebound?

animation continued

continued (love the body morphing)

final result of what should been an easy board for Noah
Old 10-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

The rebounding seems fair to me. I just shake my head at how the CPU can actually grab an off rebound, then jump off the floor twice as fast for a putback that is very hard to contest.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #69
Banned

Klayups's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDB9
The rebounding seems fair to me. I just shake my head at how the CPU can actually grab an off rebound, then jump off the floor twice as fast for a putback that is very hard to contest.
Man, this. That junk is crazy.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

User vs User
the last game i played was with the wizards against the hornets on hof sim. the hornets had 24 offensive rebounds to my 7. 30 second chance points to my 8. at times brian roberts would get an offensive rebound over 3 people. at certatin times my friend would get 3-4 on multiple possessions
From the 2nd qtr i put on manual poe on defense everyone to crash glass
This is all on H.O.F SIM 8min qtrs, no custom sliders at all.
These one-sided offensive rebounds every game are killing my experience with 2k15
Old 10-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #71
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Czar,

I need to play more games first to give a fair answer. But so far, I play 12 min hof sim and the rebounding seems ok in user v. User but not against hof cpu. The cpu gets better animations and is constantly grabbing boards over the back without a foul being called.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
First of all I'll say that I've only played My Career. I know it's a different beast, but it's still a game mode. I don't have numbers (and don't see how to see my recent game history when it comes to rebounds), so I'll post back with those. In a case like this people need to post numbers that's the only things that matters here.

Even before posting actual stats I can tell you without QUESTION what a big problem is. Putback%. The CPU is WAY too good here. (I realize the slight hypocrisy of this statement seeing as I haven't posted any numbers yet). I think this is exacerbating whatever problem may or may not be present. (I'll try to keep track of this too). If the other team is going to hit so many of their putbacks then that's still a problem related to offensive rebounding. Rashidi also has a point (and I wonder if a patch can even fix it) that rebounds don't bounce right. With so many rebounds occurring so close to the basket there are a lot of putback opportunities.
I agree here. For me the CPU"S obvious advantage in getting o-boards wouldn't be so bad if they were still beholden to actual physics when doing their putback but at this point when the cpu gets a offensive board you might as well just run back on defense because 80% of the time they will get 2 points easy even through contact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »