Home

Offensive rebounding

This is a discussion on Offensive rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Offensive rebounding

Reading through the impressions thread and on twitter I see this popping up.

If it is not about offensive rebounding please do not derail this thread.

What are you seeing and what to you is the issue.

Is it User vs AI, or User vs User ?
Online or Offline ?
Do still experience it when you have better rate defensive rebounders vs weaker rated offensive rebounders ?
Do you experience it when crashing the glass via POE ?
Any video would be greatly appreciate so we can see the context etc.

Most Importantly make sure you feedback is coming from gameplay without custom slider adjustments. Preferably SuperStar SIM. But at least non custom sliders please.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Offensive rebounding

Czar,

SS/SIM shoot I don't remember the POE settings. Chicago, me vs. Raptors CPU last night. I think it was Jonas, and Amir overall doing the dirty work. My only complaint was the ease of which the CPU can put the basket in after the initial rebound. It is like I can't contest the offense board that well after they get the first rebound.

Played another game same settings Dallas CPU vs. LAC. Dirk and Chandler got a few of these. I need more examples with settings to test further but I can definitely say that it appears the user is missing more of those second chance attempts than the CPU. Not sure of the POE on this because it wasn't that bad.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

On Superstar sim settings vs the AI, the CPU grabs offensive and defensive rebounds like Dennis Rodman, regardless of the team and who their players are. Then they immediately put it back up with ease. It is like the User team AI don't box out at all, even when you have crash the offensive and defensive glass selected.

I had to put the CPU rebounding sliders way down and the User way up just to even it out far as rebounds go. It is about a good 25 point slider difference. I also don't like it when the rare occasion you do get an offensive rebound and you want to dunk the ball because you are right near the rim with nobody in front of you, your big man does this funky reverse layup attempt instead that he misses of course.

I also find the PG and SG guards for the User team grab more rebounds then your big men do and they also have no problem doing put backs instantly. My less game, Monta Ellis had 6 offensive rebounds and 6 put backs over Brook Lopez and Kevin Garnettt. Had me scratching my head saying how come my big men can't do that ?

So I think it is a User team big man don't box out and are much slower to react to what is going on problem.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0

I mostly play online in online quick rank matches.

IMO I think the issue has to do with box outs. Offensive players are getting around defenders for good offensive rebounding position too easily.

I wish I had video but I couldnt find the game track that shows replays.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

FWIW, Im a 6'4 SG playing on SS/Sim in MyCareer and I pull down about 2 OREB a game when I actually play and don't sim. IDK, could just be good timing, but something doesn't seem right. Appears that Im jumpin extremely high when it comes to grabbing rebounds despite not having put a point in athletic upgrades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Ohhhh

I have video. I definitely have video.

Last edited by luda06; 10-13-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

I haven't seen any issues with CPU offensive rebounding in the few games that I was able to get in last night on SUP/SIM. I find that if I box out I can easily get rebounds, but if I am out of position the computer will punish me on the glass. I usually crash the boards manually instead of letting my teammates try to get them.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

OVR: 0

I played my first couple games on All Star and I'm seeing the same. They get too many offensive rebounds and they put them back up too fast. Although, if you're on offense and grab the board, your reaction to go back up will be faster than the defensive player. What do you think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »