Home

Offensive rebounding

This is a discussion on Offensive rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Offensive rebounding

Vs CPU. AS-Sim, SS-Sim. 12 minute qtrs.

Both games me (Bulls) vs cpu (Suns).

Offensive rebounding seems legit until I get a lead and the cpu is in crash boards mode. There's no real counter to it. I contest and box out the shooter and my cpu bigs won't box out. Miles Plumlee had 18 and 16 rebounds respectively and probably would have had more had he not been in foul trouble. Noah 6 total rebounds both games.

Plumlee would just sky over my bigs (Noah, P. Gasol, Gibson) or when the cpu is comeback mode as I see the shot going up and a cpu offensive player is right under the basket it might as well been a pass. I know they're going to miss the initial shot and an offensive rebound and immediate put back will ensue.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

These are my stats over the past 5 games using the Spurs on Superstar\Sim

Played 5 games in a row with my Spurs, made sure to make sure of my rebounding totals

Superstar\Sim

vs. Cavaliers
Spurs: 41 (13 offensive)
Cavaliers: 40 (11 offensive) almost all K. Love, lol

vs. Pelicans
Spurs: 44 (12 offensive)
Pelicans: 39 (13 offensive)

vs. Bulls
Spurs: 41 (13 offensive)
Bulls: 46 (14 offensive)

vs. Rockets
Spurs: 43 (12 offensive)
Rockets: 36 (9 offensive)

vs. Pistons
Spurs: 42 (13 offensive)
Pistons: 45 (12 offensive)
Old 10-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #19
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0

I have played a 20+ games on SS/Sim with the Cavs. Love and Andy kill it on the offensive glass.

They are top performers at that skill, and I haven't seen anything that would go against that on SS/Sim
Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

The main issue it seems is my fellow CPU teammates just not boxing out. If they're ever out of position defensively, they're gonna get beat to the boards. And it seems, if this ever happens, a CPU miss goes right to that player. Always feels cheap. I spend all my energy switching around defensively, usually off the ball, to get my guys in the right defensive position. Sometimes I have no chance though lol. My CPU teammates are just out of control. The CPU typically always finishes after an offensive rebound with a quick putback.

Quick putbacks seem to give me the best success when I get offensive rebounds. But if a big man is there to defend the shot, it almost always misses, even with a guy like Anthony Davis. CPU definitely makes more contested shots. I'm sure I'll get better with time figuring out how to finish better inside but these are just my observations currently.

I don't always do the points of emphasis, basically because when I use them, I always do the same thing, emphasizing rebounding on both ends. It seems to help, and it seems there is no reason to ever not emphasize this, which I don't like.

Anyway, those are my impressions so far. The biggest issue is just my CPU teammates being out of position so often and the CPU always making you pay for that. But I don't know how else my games with the CPU can remain competitive.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #21
Rookie

I concur. Offensive boards followed by putbacks occur way too often and nearly impossible to guard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #22
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
The main issue it seems is my fellow CPU teammates just not boxing out. If they're ever out of position defensively, they're gonna get beat to the boards. And it seems, if this ever happens, a CPU miss goes right to that player. Always feels cheap. I spend all my energy switching around defensively, usually off the ball, to get my guys in the right defensive position. Sometimes I have no chance though lol. My CPU teammates are just out of control. The CPU typically always finishes after an offensive rebound with a quick putback.

Quick putbacks seem to give me the best success when I get offensive rebounds. But if a big man is there to defend the shot, it almost always misses, even with a guy like Anthony Davis. CPU definitely makes more contested shots. I'm sure I'll get better with time figuring out how to finish better inside but these are just my observations currently.

I don't always do the points of emphasis, basically because when I use them, I always do the same thing, emphasizing rebounding on both ends. It seems to help, and it seems there is no reason to ever not emphasize this, which I don't like.

Anyway, those are my impressions so far. The biggest issue is just my CPU teammates being out of position so often and the CPU always making you pay for that. But I don't know how else my games with the CPU can remain competitive.
THIS.

I've been trying to understand what's going on because on the other side of the ball the CPU almost never suffers from these types of issues. All their players box out and do what is necessary to secure the board.

I'm not calling for a patch or even slider changes. I'm just interested in getting my AI controlled teammates on the same page when it comes to rebounds.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
THIS.

I've been trying to understand what's going on because on the other side of the ball the CPU almost never suffers from these types of issues. All their players box out and do what is necessary to secure the board.

I'm not calling for a patch or even slider changes. I'm just interested in getting my AI controlled teammates on the same page when it comes to rebounds.
Is it possible help defense is causing AI team mates to get caught out of position?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #24
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Thanks for taking the time to document and contribute men. Much appreciated.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »