Home

Offensive rebounding

This is a discussion on Offensive rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Offensive rebounding

No video but the game I just played was with the Thunder against the Clippers and the finished with 20 offensive rebounds. 7 by Griffin and 6 by Jordan. All Star/ Sim settings. Seemed like Ibaka and Perkins were usually in good position but of of them would jump up and snatch it out of the air. There were a couple times they'd miss the putback and the other one would jump up and rebound and put it back. That happened three times. I know Griffin and Jordan are good rebounders, but Ibaka, Perkins, and Adams aren't terrible at it. Griffin finished with 20 rebounds and Jordan 19 rebounds all together while my best was Perkins with 11.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
Rookie

Yeah I'm also having trouble with offensive rebounding, I tried playing with teams that have good offensive rebounders such as Drummond, Lopez, Noah, etc and no luck same results. CPU gets the majority of them, however the effect is reduced a little when you use the big men I mentioned
Old 10-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

What I want to understand Czar is why does it seem that my AI controlled teammates don't box out on a consistent basis? Is their box out tied to me boxing out my man?

If so what's philosophy behind that? Why is it tied to me boxing out? Shouldn't they box out independently of me?

I have the same issue with help defense but I'll leave that for another thread.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Wow, It's like you read my mind. I was just about to post about offensive rebounding.

User vs User - Online Quick Game

Just got done playing a game I held my opponent to 38% shooting while I shot 50% plus, but guess who won the game?

He did, which is ridiculous.. ole buddy grabbed 14 offensive rebounds. I wouldn't be so mad but it was Amare out of all players grabbing all the boards when I clearly had the better rebounding team (Pacers). Then to put icing on the cake he was talking crap the whole game as if he was good .. There should be absolutely no reason he has as many defensive rebounds as offensive when he's boxed out. When you go up to grab a rebound with nobody near you why can't the player catch the freaking basketball?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm going to run a couple of games as the Kings (76.8 drb%, 3rd in NBA last year) against the Lakers (20.2 orb %, last in the league last year) and see how things go. The Lakers personnel is a little different this year but the Kings should still keep them off the boards.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #14
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I'm playing on Pro (Personally I really don't see the point of changing difficulty levels, as long as you adjust sliders correctly all levels end up being the same).

Anyway, first game 48 minutes, no slider adjustments. Spurs vs Nets (Me)

Spurs: 8 offensive rebounds (accurate, they prefer to get back in transition instead of crashing the boards in real life), 38 defensive rebounds.

Nets: 1 offensive rebound (clearly not enough, but again one game is a small sample size, I was able to get about 8 the next game), 28 defensive rebounds. We got absolutely crushed on the glass, makes sense since Brook is a poor rebounder for his size.

So for me it was pretty realistic, but maybe the game mechanics change unrealistically once you up the difficulty level.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #15
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

What are you seeing and what to you is the issue.

Is it User vs AI, or User vs User ? User vs. AI
Online or Offline ? Offline
Do still experience it when you have better rate defensive rebounders vs weaker rated offensive rebounders ? No. Was playing as the Bulls against the Bucks and it was like Gasol and Noah had no clue what was going on. Would user switch to box out and the other I wasn't controlling would give up one.
Do you experience it when crashing the glass via POE ? Yes, had crash glass for both offense and defense.
Any video would be greatly appreciate so we can see the context etc.
At work, sorry.
Most Importantly make sure you feedback is coming from gameplay without custom slider adjustments. Preferably SuperStar SIM. But at least non custom sliders please. Was playing on AS Sim and stopped, when to Pro Sim and was still getting out rebounded. Went down to Rookie and Mayo had 2 offensive rebounds in the 1st 5 minutes, out rebounding a standing still Noah, turned the game off. Couldn't take it anymore.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
Rookie

I'm on superstar sim, 12 min quarters and I get normal amounts of offensive boards.

What I've noticed is I play center on D and I have to actually work to stay with my guy to box out. Can't just stand there. This is really actually awesome because boxing out isn't just putting your butt on someone in the real game. You gotta stay with your guy.

So Czar, after a few games played I'm not seeing an issue. Again no modifications to sliders, or gameplay other than 12 min quarters and superstar sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »