Home

Offensive rebounding

This is a discussion on Offensive rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Offensive rebounding

Is it User vs AI, or User vs User ?
Online or Offline ?
Do still experience it when you have better rate defensive rebounders vs weaker rated offensive rebounders ?
Do you experience it when crashing the glass via POE ?
Any video would be greatly appreciate so we can see the context etc.

Most Importantly make sure you feedback is coming from gameplay without custom slider adjustments. Preferably SuperStar SIM. But at least non custom sliders please.

--
User VS AI
The offensive Center always has 6-7 Offensive Rebounds per game, no matter if who it is.
I normally turn on crashing the glass. It seems to be more of an issue with boxing out or lack there of.

This video is just the worse case scenario. I was controlling Dwight Howard and the CPU just took a terrible route trying to get the rebound. No boxing out, just blindly jumping at the ball. All Star Sim.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=738091322895157
Old 10-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

granting that you have to be in perfect position in order to grab a rebound, how do you do that when you are controlling the player in the perimeter, contesting cpu's shots and immediately switch to your center and/or pf in order to grab the rebound. by the time you switch to them the cpu has already positioned itself for the rebound. and if you just leave the perimeter ai team mates and solely control your center/pfs, you'll get torched by cpu jumpers since ai team mates dont effectively defend.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0

also after making a shot near the rim, it seems that you are prevented by an unseen force in recovering and grabbing an Oreb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #156
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
No. They are broken / need to be fixed.

CPU PUT BACK TENDENCY AT 0 = The CPU 'still' puts it back every time.
Yes the putback tendency slider is broken. 0 does nothing.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 AM   #157
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yea, see that falls under a whole different category as far as who needs to look at it and what needs to be done to attempt to cut it back.

It was clear after the thread got going, that that was a sizable issue outside of
the OREB's themselves.

Yeah I am not seeing to many offensive rebounds but I am seeing the CPU making to many shoots after putting the ball back up after a offensive rebound witch leads to a few more PIP and a little increase in points and shooting % over all. I see a lot of games where the CPU will have 12 offensive rebounds but will have 14 second changes points. So basically on second shoots the CPU makes like 58-60% of its shoots and that is even with guys that are not know for scoring in the paint.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #158
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
I have been quiet for some time on this subject as I didn't want people to get emotional.

I think most of this is user error. I watch videos of people playing the game and what are some fundamental basketball flaws that practically BEG the CPU to get 20 OREBS per game.

1. Challenging with a weak side defender: You have to remember, if CP3 gets beat off the dribble by Lillard, and DeAndrea shifts over to contest the shot, Meyers Leonard is probably not going to be boxed out by anyone in time. So guess what he is going to do? Exactly. OREB. Most of you dudes jump around attempting to block shots like your mothers work for pogo stick companies. Stay on the damn ground. That is step one.

2. You do not understand that you have to HOLD the box out for an extended period of time before releasing. It is easy to make the mistake of boxing out for a split second and then disengaging to go after the rebound. NO! Just NO! Hold that offensive player on your butt and you might even have to let the ball hit the ground and/or your teammate clean up the rebound. Hold your box out longer.

3. Get into rebound position before the shot is released. Some of you wait until the ball is in the air to get into rebounding position. Too late man. OREB

So yea, #UserError

Don't change anything Czar
this guy gets it. I tried to attatch some pics from superstar/sim where i was the rockets and hand no rebounding issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141014_181203.jpg (578.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 20141014_181135.jpg (602.9 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-15-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
this guy gets it. I tried to attatch some pics from superstar/sim where i was the rockets and hand no rebounding issues.
Slightly off topic but can I ask you what sliders you used to get 21 three point attempts and 16 fouls from the CPU? Box score looks very nice and those are the two things I'm struggling with.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #160
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed21
Slightly off topic but can I ask you what sliders you used to get 21 three point attempts and 16 fouls from the CPU? Box score looks very nice and those are the two things I'm struggling with.
superstar Sim with fouls maxed and three attempts at 93. I have a set I'm tinkering with but for the sake of investigation purposes, i only made those modifications. As far as fouls, i really think its a roster issue. Im not sure people have high enough foul tendencies.

but as far as rebounding, everything is on 50, its just a matter of not getting too far out of position in rotation, and once position is maintained, boxing out the biggest threat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »