Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-16-2024, 05:22 AM   #257
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi34
I played a couple of evening games last night and found myself saying “WOAH!” out loud at the lighting. I’m coming from ‘22, but the difference is noticeable.
Not seeing any jaggies either.
It’s interesting, the wildly different impressions, so I’m wondering if it might be a TV setting somewhere for some, maybe in HDR? A lot of people are saying the menus burn their eyes out, but they’re fine for me. I wouldn’t say bright at all.

Every other triple A game looks absolutely stunning on my Oled so it’s definitely not a setting. I think the field is just not bouncing the sun back in any form. It’s just a dull flat carpet.

Menus are also not burning my eyes, just some white fonts hard to read.

Play a game in the Kingdome and check the lines on the field if you wanna see some jaggies.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:29 AM   #258
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Yes we all know this game is due a real next gen graphical upgrade however, in 4K at 60fps, a nice slow paced franchise game, taking in all the presentation and enjoying the ambience...it IS a very good looking game.

Improvements to grass, dirt, cloth physics needed granted but this isn't in any sense a bad looking game.
I agree. I think there is a difference between bad looking and dated. Its dated. But once again my hope is much like MLB 17 when they go next gen only (and that HAS to be next year) I think we see a huge jump in look
Old 03-16-2024, 07:17 PM   #259
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I’m really not seeing this. Lighting looks more bland to me this year. I have an LG Oled CX
I agree at first I thought it was my tv but its the game the colors are dull and day games have no pop like they used too! I noticed in 23 the patches towards the end dulled the colors especially the whites and day games!!
Old 03-17-2024, 05:50 PM   #260
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Every other triple A game looks absolutely stunning on my Oled so it’s definitely not a setting. I think the field is just not bouncing the sun back in any form. It’s just a dull flat carpet.

Play a game in the Kingdome and check the lines on the field if you wanna see some jaggies.
and thats what make it look better imho more mlb 2k12 then not
Old 03-17-2024, 07:05 PM   #261
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Yeah, I played one game at Kingdome, if they can't patch a fix, it will be my last.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 05:10 AM   #262
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Check this instagram video by MLB / The Show:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4txb...llbjQxYjJqYQ==

When it switches from the real broadcast to the show you can clearly see the field is not reflecting any light at all, the difference is crazy. I don’t know why it basically looks like the light are out but something ain’t right. It can’t be a tech limitation because the ps4 should also be capable of better lighting if you ask me
Old 03-21-2024, 09:23 AM   #263
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It is cool they did that, but it truly does highlight how bad the entire field of play looks compared to real life. The grass looks nowhere like real grass and the dirt plus lines on the field need some love as well to make them look better.

There are far too many fine details missing between the players, the field, and the stadiums that all add up and make the game look more cartoon-like than anything, and not in a good way like you see with a Last of Us or GTA.

― Plato
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 AM   #264
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Check this instagram video by MLB / The Show:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4txb...llbjQxYjJqYQ==

When it switches from the real broadcast to the show you can clearly see the field is not reflecting any light at all, the difference is crazy. I don’t know why it basically looks like the light are out but something ain’t right. It can’t be a tech limitation because the ps4 should also be capable of better lighting if you ask me

To be somewhat fair….. the show looks way worse in social media videos and pictures than it actually does on a quality tv in person, not saying it’s as good as it should be but that video looks bad compared to what my tv looks like

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »