Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-01-2024, 04:31 AM   #225
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertghost93
Tats would be nice. Like how NBA 2K does them. Seeing Yady without his neck tat was frustrating but not game breaking. The show is a funny game. In advertisements the game does not look all that sexy. However when you actually play the game, it really looks good. And yeah I know the graphics absolutely should be updated considering the hardware we have now. I was playing last night, and I forget how decent the game looks. There are some things they could change though. Sleeves come to mind. Like putting ruffles on the short sleeves. It would also be nice to wear the tight pants but while showing socks. I know some cleats this is sort of possible, but it's just the little things visually that can go a long way.

Yady had his neck tattoo in the game for the last couple of years because the face scan picks it up.

You can make beautiful in game screenshots so thats just a fault in their marketing. I mean look at this:

And this is from The Show 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 09:02 AM   #226
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Yady had his neck tattoo in the game for the last couple of years because the face scan picks it up.

You can make beautiful in game screenshots so thats just a fault in their marketing. I mean look at this:

That’s nice. I have no idea what the marketing department does, but it certainly doesn’t get you pumped for the game.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:15 AM   #227
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

It's a good point really. For years I've rarely put much stock into the photos or videos shared for marketing/promo by SDS close to game release. Because they always for some reason look worse than the actual game. Just look in the OS thread "photographic side of mlb the show", there are some amazing pictures in there by us gamers.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:29 AM   #228
Rookie

It appears to me that there are more variations of dirt, better texture to the actual dirt, and better color implementation. Don’t quote me, this is just how I’ve seen it from viewing the trailers. And I did call the improvement to the hair based solely upon the first Vlad screenshot. Just saying lol

Last edited by Totfc773; 03-06-2024 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:33 PM   #229
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Looks like the graphics updates are coming based on their recent released blog and 20-minute raw gameplay video. Player models, hair physics, lighting, time transitions, etc. look to be improved.

https://theshow.com/news/developer-b...-player-faces/
Old 03-07-2024, 02:22 PM   #230
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertghost93
As a strictly franchise guy, I agree. I never really got into other aspects of the game. I try RTTS every year, but meh. It's interesting because when I read about people discussing the show on places like reddit I have no idea what they're talking about anymore. I hear phrases like "packs, collections, cards, stubbs, vouchers, Diamond Dynasty, ranked, etc'' I have zero clue what any of these things are. Feels in a lot of ways the game is leaving an older guy (30s) like me behind. However the 60 fps sounds very nice though.
I’m the same way. Most people talk about DD if it’s not online issues. All I was hearing about this last year was “sets”. Sets this and sets that. Someone on Reddit asked what sets are and why so many complain about them so now I know what they are. Was clueless for months.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:55 PM   #231
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero

No, it's the drab all black The Show 21.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2024, 12:16 AM   #232
Rookie

desertghost93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Looks like the graphics updates are coming based on their recent released blog and 20-minute raw gameplay video. Player models, hair physics, lighting, time transitions, etc. look to be improved.

https://theshow.com/news/developer-b...-player-faces/
Interesting. I have told myself I will go ahead and buy the show this year. Probably will wait till April to let the first few patches set in. (game always feels incomplete on day 1). However, I will be expecting much much more next year when they leave ps4/xb1 behind. There is just no excuse to not take advantage of next gen hardware. At least that's my opinion.

Based on this seems they might be laying some kind of foundation for next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »