Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-27-2024, 06:28 PM   #209
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As someone who is not an expert at all, just a hobbyist, I have to assume it simply is not a priority to them. I could fire up multiple different engines right now and create a grass field that looks much more like real life than what we see in The Show, and I could have that done in a single day easily. By the end of the week I could have different grass types and lengths that all dynamically impacted how fast/slow the ball rolled and lost speed in said grass.

Updating the grass simply is not a priority to them or it is somehow an engine limit which would only further point to them really needing to move on.
The only thing that makes sense to me, is that grass has a much bigger performance hit on their engine than we realize. Creation Engine from Bethesda has a similar issue, which is why modded grass in Skyrim is one of the biggest performance hits.

UE5 has a foliage tool with some very great optimizations built-in, which is why UE doesn't suffer so much from things like improved grass, clouds, etc. The introduction of Nanite makes the content even better and more scalable. UE has its own issues in other places though, so there is no silver bullet unfortunately.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:49 PM   #210
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDibby23
Wish they would’ve made this clear when I bought a ps5 4 years ago for this game
Wait, I thought it was your significant other who gave you your PS5. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-28-2024, 10:42 AM   #211
Rookie

desertghost93's Arena

I have been playing the show since the ps2 days. I took a short hiatus from the show from 08-13 and picked up again with 14. And I instantly fell in love with the series again. I have purchased every single iteration of the show since 14. However, this may be my first time I pass. I might purchase it over the Summer, but man. After seeing some screenshots and the trailer, I'm not too thrilled about this. And this was going to be my first year on the PS5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 10:47 AM   #212
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Wait, I thought it was your significant other who gave you your PS5. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
No you’re right, I’m just making a point that the system was bought and I wanted it for this game. She knew I wanted it and found it. Nice job paying attention though lol
Old 02-28-2024, 11:14 AM   #213
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertghost93
I have been playing the show since the ps2 days. I took a short hiatus from the show from 08-13 and picked up again with 14. And I instantly fell in love with the series again. I have purchased every single iteration of the show since 14. However, this may be my first time I pass. I might purchase it over the Summer, but man. After seeing some screenshots and the trailer, I'm not too thrilled about this. And this was going to be my first year on the PS5.
Its just my opinion but unless Stadium Creator floats your boat, theres nothing wrong with sticking with the PS4 version. Esp. if Sounds of the Show means more than Stadium Creator.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-28-2024, 02:32 PM   #214
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
They write well enough for Boog's PBP but Singleton's color writer needs to tighten up some of his lines, some of them could use some brevity. Less is more, more is less; it's in that vein.
This, and more branching lines that refer to specific stats including previous/future games in Franchise . Example, last time these two teams met, Nolan Arenado hit 2HR, the Cardinals have hit 77 as a team. Or St. LOUIS travels next to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh"

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM   #215
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
This, and more branching lines that refer to specific stats including previous/future games in Franchise . Example, last time these two teams met, Nolan Arenado hit 2HR, the Cardinals have hit 77 as a team. Or St. LOUIS travels next to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh"

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk
Yes to this. Not sure I’ve ever heard height and weight announced in a game on t.v. The ticker has some great stuff. Would like to see that incorporated a bit more. I do like Sciambi and do appreciate some moments of silence between pitches tho. I’ve always wanted a one man booth, but that’s not going to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 05:21 PM   #216
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Yes to this. Not sure I’ve ever heard height and weight announced in a game on t.v. The ticker has some great stuff. Would like to see that incorporated a bit more. I do like Sciambi and do appreciate some moments of silence between pitches tho. I’ve always wanted a one man booth, but that’s not going to happen.
Yeah, I don't need to hear any commentary about 6 foot tall 200 pound players, but if Boog or Chris feels the need to mention Altuve or Felix Bautista's height and/or weight, that's understandable.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »