Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2024, 05:03 PM   #329
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You're not giving opinions like your signature suggests. You're mocking people. Big difference. You've done it multiple times throughout this thread. Over 30 posts in a thread and it's constantly you making a mockery of people because they have issues with the graphics while you personally don't.

Someone says the game has become a cash grab and points out how Konami has gone away from annual releases to develop games with bigger changes. You mock them and offer up a sarcastic post pretending to not understand what cash grab means and acting like the poster was saying SDS was wrong for trying to make a profit on their game. They clearly weren't.

It's just a common theme and I'd expect better from someone who clutched their pearls pre-release asking for people to stop mocking and attacking others that had no issues with the graphics.
Moving along. Find someone else to troll.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-31-2024, 02:09 AM   #330
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Today I decided to take a trip down some memory lanes and fired up The Show 18 and 19. I usually say in a half joking manner that the Show has looked the same for years graphically. But holy **** it’s no lie at all. They look I’d say 98% the exact same except for lighting and some minor texture upgrades. The graphical fidelity if I’m using that word right is THE same for 7 years. Even 8 if you coins 17 which is when it last was overhauled
Old 03-31-2024, 06:12 AM   #331
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
Today I decided to take a trip down some memory lanes and fired up The Show 18 and 19. I usually say in a half joking manner that the Show has looked the same for years graphically. But holy **** it’s no lie at all. They look I’d say 98% the exact same except for lighting and some minor texture upgrades. The graphical fidelity if I’m using that word right is THE same for 7 years. Even 8 if you coins 17 which is when it last was overhauled
I don't know if it was coincidence or not but its interesting to note 17 made the leap when the PS4 Pro came along. I don't really ''need'' a new PS5 but if the PS5 Pro does for MLBTS again (when the PS5 Pro is finally released) what the 4 Pro did, I probably won't be able to resist the upgrade. It's also amazing how much difference MLBTS looks because of the quality of the television. I have my ''good'' TV in the living room and The Show looks head and shoulders above on it versus the TV I normally play video games on in the mancave.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2024, 07:52 AM   #332
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
It's also amazing how much difference MLBTS looks because of the quality of the television. I have my ''good'' TV in the living room and The Show looks head and shoulders above on it versus the TV I normally play video games on in the mancave.

This is most evident when you see social media clips of the game, it looks atrocious but on my TV it looks pretty amazing relatively speaking
Old 04-01-2024, 09:26 AM   #333
Rookie

Outside of a few anomalies and the fact that Series S doesn't have the hair physics I think the game looks pretty damn good.

Colors pop more and for the most part things look crisp and smooth. Now I just wish they'd get with the times and add uniform physics like the NBA 2K series...of course I probably wouldn't get them on my Series S so...yeah.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:53 AM   #334
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Cracker
Outside of a few anomalies and the fact that Series S doesn't have the hair physics I think the game looks pretty damn good.

Colors pop more and for the most part things look crisp and smooth. Now I just wish they'd get with the times and add uniform physics like the NBA 2K series...of course I probably wouldn't get them on my Series S so...yeah.
I guess it's in baby steps for next year OR when the ps5 pro and whatever the Xbox version comes out with this fall, there are subtitle jersey physics you'd have to be looking close for but the sleeves move just a little.
You can see it better in replays either live game or when you go to the highlights and look yourself. Nothing like mlb 2k back in the day but like I said "Baby Steps".

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »