Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017222)

countryboy 02-15-2024 08:22 AM

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread for the discussion on the graphics of the MLB The Show series to prevent other threads on various topics from being reduced to a back and forth on graphics.

GridironGreat 02-15-2024 08:25 AM

Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2050879972)
I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread for the discussion of the graphics of the MLB The Show series to prevent other threads on various topics from being reduced to a back and forth on graphics.

Pretty sure we all know it’s LONG overdue. Just off the top of my head, real 3d textured grass, dirt, realistic cloth uniforms, and overall a haul of the animation system.

LegendKillerOne 02-15-2024 08:32 AM

I feel I have made my stance clear I am sure in other threads. I am fine with the graphics (Minus the really bad Brett Baty scan) but I am sure they can improve them as many others stated. Not sure my eyes would notice though.

Kramer5150 02-15-2024 08:36 AM

Already posted my thought, never had any intentions of going "back and forth", but it is what it is...

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE 02-15-2024 08:37 AM

The best jersey graphics was 2k! I love how you could make them baggy/loose and they'd actually move with the wind and when guys ran. Definitely overdue with the new hardware.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

marbury 02-15-2024 09:31 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm just wondering and being disappointed that SDS isn't using up to date technology these days like scanning faces as you can see in the screens below.

This Konami guy was using some kind of flashlight to scan Shohei. No need for multiple cameras to create a special scanning booth once a year at spring training. For sure the scan is not final and there is still some work to do as you can see at the back of the head. But I guess updating face scan should be more easy this way.

Another topic is the technology of 2K and EA were they scan animation off screen and don't need to do motion captures to add unique animations. This would be a game changer especially for pitching animations. As we all know in MLBTS the pitching has no real power motion the animations.

The graphic engine itself is outdated. I doubt there will be any changes at all in this area. Not in this console generation sadly. Attachment 210297Attachment 210298Attachment 210299Attachment 210300Attachment 210301

baconbits11 02-15-2024 09:34 AM

I'd be happy with the cloth physics and wind effects from MLB 2K7. Along with the stadium exteriors from that game. In fact if it had the gameplay of the Show, I might still be playing MLB 2K7.

Totfc773 02-15-2024 10:35 AM

One of my issues is that they haven’t updated graphics in a very long time, but my main gripe is that they won’t even address it. They see the outcry across multiple forums/social media platforms, and seemingly choose to ignore it. As if they don’t care about this particular aspect.