Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2024, 04:52 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
Do you guys use the swing influence often or at all? Trying to get away from just simply pressing X. You wouldn’t think I’d have such a simple question after all these years playing this game lol.
Completely depends on the hitter and the situation. Example: If I have a runner at 3rd with less than 2 outs I will aim up and be patient for a pitch up. With a power hitter I may run into a bomb but with a weak hitter I'll most likely hit it deep enough to score the runner. If the infield is back and I have a punch and judy hitter then I'll aim down and try to get a pitch down to ground out and score the runner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 07:37 PM   #426
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Well, I have a confession to make, I think I'm being seduced further and further down the DD hole...lol

I still will play the occasional game now and then, I finally got around to inputing the V2 set as well as grabbing the Fidelity rosters. I did up consistency by 1 as my pitchers were throwing way too many meatballs, it works much better now.

But I'm getting drawn into DD more and more, a lot like Madden has been for me lately, I have more fun building my team with players I remember when I was a young, I do the whole no money spent thing as it's more fun to grind for my team, although it seems more difficult getting stubs than coins in Madden...lol

I'm sure at some point I'll get my Dodger franchise off the ground, but right now things are on hold...lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-16-2024, 08:24 PM   #427
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Well, I have a confession to make, I think I'm being seduced further and further down the DD hole...lol

I still will play the occasional game now and then, I finally got around to inputing the V2 set as well as grabbing the Fidelity rosters. I did up consistency by 1 as my pitchers were throwing way too many meatballs, it works much better now.

But I'm getting drawn into DD more and more, a lot like Madden has been for me lately, I have more fun building my team with players I remember when I was a young, I do the whole no money spent thing as it's more fun to grind for my team, although it seems more difficult getting stubs than coins in Madden...lol

I'm sure at some point I'll get my Dodger franchise off the ground, but right now things are on hold...lol
I would play nothing but DD if they had option when you played vs someone it was classic pitching and directional hitting only. And then you would need actual 9 inning games.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-17-2024, 12:58 AM   #428
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I've been using 3k Gaming's hitting guide form Discord. Basically...

For Extreme Pull Hitters I always go for a pull.

For Pull Hitters I go for pull until I get into a 2 strike count then I go for opposite.

For Balanced Hitters I don't use the influence at all on even counts. If I get ahead in the count I go for pull, if I'm behind in the count I go opposite.

I don't have any Push hitters on my team so I don't have the method down for those kinds of hitters. I imagine it's the opposite of Pull and Extreme Pull.

It's crazy how much more hit variety I see using this.

Good strategy.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:54 AM   #429
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
JWDixon - what are you using for your injury slider when playing? Just curious if you feel 10 is too much with your roster.

Using the default SDS roster with gameplay injuries on 6. I’ve seen at least 5 in game injuries in 11 games between both me and the CPU. Anywhere from a tight forearm to a slightly torn hamstring.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:25 AM   #430
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 HOF Simulation Sliders

Quote:
That is a crazy hot streak. You could also test out the version 2 and raise CPU power to 6. The power from 5 to 6 is a big difference. Almost too big. You could also try 7/6/5/5.

For hitting..I'm trying Allstar hitting with 5/3/0/5 and it seems to slow my offense down a little. Hitting is kind of a challenge for me as well. It feels like I am either not hitting at all or hitting the cover off the ball.

But if you want to try legend/legend you can and let us know how it feels. That could be a better option than raising some sliders.
So far so good for me with lowering the timing to 0 on All-Star. I got 9 hits in my first and 4 hits in my second game. Only 2 games but it is noticeably harder for sure.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM   #431
Rookie

nolesfan3's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been playing with the All Star setting as well and there is a ton of variety in my games. One game I had 14 hits, the next game I was being no hit through 5. It has been enjoyable experience so far for sure.

Go Noles!!

Xbox: NolesEM
PSN: ShowsOver
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2024, 11:21 AM   #432
Rookie

Quote:
I would try lowering power and raising contact. Hopefully that will even it out.
Okay, like you said it could be an outlier. Well...here's an update! I didn't change anything and kept playing on. I played 2 games after the last game where I hit 5 HRs. Next game I lose 12-4 and hit 1 HR. The game after that I hit 0 HRs and won 2-1. (It's quite possible 2 of my hits in triples alley at Oracle would have been HRs in any other park.). Only gave up 3 hits after getting utterly destroyed pitching-wise by San Diego the previous 2 games. I'll keep at it with the sliders where they are...loving this game!! Your hard work has really made this enjoyable and a reason for me to finally get out of DD!!!

Last edited by evans5150; 04-17-2024 at 11:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »