Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2024, 12:44 PM   #417
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 HOF Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
I’m going to try out Legend/Legend I think.

I’m using the hard version with the Royals and we’re doing a little too well. The schedule is so easy though it’s hard to gauge. (And the royals are playing well IRL)

I’m 22-5 and averaging 6.7 Runs a game, which would obliterate the modern day record. Pitching has been rolling along too. Bullpen has been untouchable.

But again, I’m facing the White Sox, Tigers, Mets etc.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now! (MLB 24)
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
That is a crazy hot streak. You could also test out the version 2 and raise CPU power to 6. The power from 5 to 6 is a big difference. Almost too big. You could also try 7/6/5/5.

For hitting..I'm trying Allstar hitting with 5/3/0/5 and it seems to slow my offense down a little. Hitting is kind of a challenge for me as well. It feels like I am either not hitting at all or hitting the cover off the ball.

But if you want to try legend/legend you can and let us know how it feels. That could be a better option than raising some sliders.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #418
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 HOF Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
That is a crazy hot streak. You could also test out the version 2 and raise CPU power to 6. The power from 5 to 6 is a big difference. Almost too big. You could also try 7/6/5/5.

For hitting..I'm trying Allstar hitting with 5/3/0/5 and it seems to slow my offense down a little. Hitting is kind of a challenge for me as well. It feels like I am either not hitting at all or hitting the cover off the ball.

But if you want to try legend/legend you can and let us know how it feels. That could be a better option than raising some sliders.

Slider’s are so funny lol.

Hard to ever tell what realistic or not. If Scooter Gennett ever hit 4 HR’s against me I’d throw my Ps out the window.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now! (MLB 24)
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 04-16-2024, 01:02 PM   #419
Rookie

Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
I would try lowering power and raising contact. Hopefully that will even it out.
Sounds good...I'll give it a shot. Granted, 8 of those 15 HRs just came in my last game. Before that I had 7 HRs in 11 games. So maybe I see how the next couple of games go? Maybe I was just seeing Jhony Brito of the Padres REALLY well...haha. I am a very patient hitter (even on quick counts).
Old 04-16-2024, 01:15 PM   #420
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans5150
Sounds good...I'll give it a shot. Granted, 8 of those 15 HRs just came in my last game. Before that I had 7 HRs in 11 games. So maybe I see how the next couple of games go? Maybe I was just seeing Jhony Brito of the Padres REALLY well...haha. I am a very patient hitter (even on quick counts).
It is tough when you get an outlier game like that. When I was doing testing, my first game I had 6 HR. So it took a while for the numbers to even out. You almost have to just disregard that game. LOL

Braves Franchise

Old 04-16-2024, 01:33 PM   #421
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

Do you guys use the swing influence often or at all? Trying to get away from just simply pressing X. You wouldn’t think I’d have such a simple question after all these years playing this game lol.

“It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life” -Mickey Mantle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 01:45 PM   #422
Rookie

Quote:
It is tough when you get an outlier game like that. When I was doing testing, my first game I had 6 HR. So it took a while for the numbers to even out. You almost have to just disregard that game. LOL
Yeah, no doubt! Since it's a home game I'll just let the crowd enjoy the fireworks they got to see...haha. The game before that I was in LA and beat the Dodgers 3-2 on 3 solo HRs. At least it was low scoring!
Old 04-16-2024, 03:00 PM   #423
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
Do you guys use the swing influence often or at all? Trying to get away from just simply pressing X. You wouldn’t think I’d have such a simple question after all these years playing this game lol.
I only do it if I'm down in the count and I want to go opposite way. I don't usually go for pull or try to lift the ball for home runs.

Braves Franchise

Old 04-16-2024, 03:15 PM   #424
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
I've been using 3k Gaming's hitting guide form Discord. Basically...

For Extreme Pull Hitters I always go for a pull.

For Pull Hitters I go for pull until I get into a 2 strike count then I go for opposite.

For Balanced Hitters I don't use the influence at all on even counts. If I get ahead in the count I go for pull, if I'm behind in the count I go opposite.

I don't have any Push hitters on my team so I don't have the method down for those kinds of hitters. I imagine it's the opposite of Pull and Extreme Pull.

It's crazy how much more hit variety I see using this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »