Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2024, 08:36 AM   #497
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings19c
So I am still having a great time with using V2. CPU is hitting a bit much, however scoring is not that high. Get a lot of 6-4, 2-5, 5-4 games. I would enjoy a game with 5 hits or lower from time to time though.

Two things are not so good for my like. I see a great number of hits in the simulated games (not mine). I always switch to sim sliders (basic with 5-5-10 on pitchers), but there are too many HRs and hits. BTW, The Astros are hitting 32,4%, 4.0% more then the 2nd place. They also have 50 runs more than me (2nd) Any recommendations for the sim sliders? I am 32 games into the season FYI.

The other thing is, I am seeing the lowest BB in the league. Sure, I also get stupid SOs, but when the CPU pitchers pitch to Ohtani, Freeman, Betts, they throw the craziest strikes. Anyone seeing that as well? I manage 1-2 walks per game.
That is weird about the sim stats. We don't look at the sim numbers. We just worry about the pitcher usage and complete games. No sliders should be affecting those numbers. Everybody has said and the consensus is that only the stamina, hook, and injury sliders matter when you sim.

But, a couple of years ago I remember reading Warmwind's slider thread. I believe it was in there and he had a post about the higher the stamina, the higher the ERA's are across the league. And the hook slider affected strikeouts or something. His slider thread from 2020 I believe is huge so that will take some time finding the post if it is in there. I believe it is.

For the walks, you could lower CPU strike frequency if you aren't using quick counts. I would start going down to 4 and see if that is better. I lowered the pitch speeds so I could read the pitches better and I can lay off more close pitches. When I would hit without quick counts, I would always take until I get a strike. Especially the first time around.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-25-2024, 11:05 AM   #498
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I use these sliders but with some adjustments to CPU hitting to make it harder. It's kind of a hybrid between these and Armors 23 sliders that I think I have found the right mix.

I am in the boat where I am seeing too many strikes (frequency and consistency both set to 5). I've had so many three pitch at-bats with the computer throwing all strikes. I've had multiple games in a row where the pitcher goes into the 7th inning with 55 - 65 pitches. I'm not claiming to be the best hitter nor most patient, but I've never seen what I have been lately.

This has been a mix of pitchers too. Some have good control and others have bad control. It's annoying me because it's ruining my skill at working counts. I'm essentially just swinging at everything because I know there's a very high chance it's going to be a strike. If it's not, it may miss by an inch or two or it's a blown call by the ump. I don't even think I've had a 3 ball count in the past 4 games I've played. The crappy thing too is that I wasn't seeing this a couple weeks ago and I think I've finally got everything locked in where the computer is difficult to pitch to. So, it could be the perfect game but now I need to figure out this too many strikes issue.

I've lowered strike frequency to 4 so we will see if that helps. I adjusted it in the 3rd inning of a game yesterday and it didn't make a difference but I'm not going to use 7 innings as a basis of whether I need to go lower than that.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-25-2024, 12:05 PM   #499
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I use these sliders but with some adjustments to CPU hitting to make it harder. It's kind of a hybrid between these and Armors 23 sliders that I think I have found the right mix.

I am in the boat where I am seeing too many strikes (frequency and consistency both set to 5). I've had so many three pitch at-bats with the computer throwing all strikes. I've had multiple games in a row where the pitcher goes into the 7th inning with 55 - 65 pitches. I'm not claiming to be the best hitter nor most patient, but I've never seen what I have been lately.

This has been a mix of pitchers too. Some have good control and others have bad control. It's annoying me because it's ruining my skill at working counts. I'm essentially just swinging at everything because I know there's a very high chance it's going to be a strike. If it's not, it may miss by an inch or two or it's a blown call by the ump. I don't even think I've had a 3 ball count in the past 4 games I've played. The crappy thing too is that I wasn't seeing this a couple weeks ago and I think I've finally got everything locked in where the computer is difficult to pitch to. So, it could be the perfect game but now I need to figure out this too many strikes issue.

I've lowered strike frequency to 4 so we will see if that helps. I adjusted it in the 3rd inning of a game yesterday and it didn't make a difference but I'm not going to use 7 innings as a basis of whether I need to go lower than that.
A quick way to see how sensitive that strike frequency is to put it a test game to 0 and see how much difference you see. Then work your way up. Another option would be to start lowering control but you don't want that to mess up other unintended issues.

You could try to raise contact at 6 to see if maybe the CPU pitcher will start to pitch around you more and get you to chase.

Are you on HOF hitting?

Braves Franchise

Old 04-25-2024, 01:35 PM   #500
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
A quick way to see how sensitive that strike frequency is to put it a test game to 0 and see how much difference you see. Then work your way up. Another option would be to start lowering control but you don't want that to mess up other unintended issues.

You could try to raise contact at 6 to see if maybe the CPU pitcher will start to pitch around you more and get you to chase.

Are you on HOF hitting?
Thanks for the tips on that. Yes I'm on HOF hitting and my User hitting sliders are the same as the OP. FWIW all of my sliders are the same as the OP other than my CPU hitting sliders.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 04-25-2024 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:48 PM   #501
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Just wanted to give an update. Steve and I have been kind of been testing different stuff. But we are going to stick with Version 3.0 with the power at 5.

It is very hard to determine the user hitting since we all have different skill levels and TV's and reaction times. For those that are not seeing enough walks, you could lower CPU Strike Frequency or if you feel like you can read the pitch better by lowering pitch speeds you can. Sometimes, lowering the pitch speed is just as hard as raising it.

I play with QC on and one game I got 7 walks and the next game I got 1.

Braves Franchise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 02:57 PM   #502
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

How is everyone seeing league wide injuries with sim injuries at 5? I'm almost a month into my season and I've only seen 1 or 2 guys get put on the DL. (Besides players that I did manually)
Old 04-25-2024, 03:04 PM   #503
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
How is everyone seeing league wide injuries with sim injuries at 5? I'm almost a month into my season and I've only seen 1 or 2 guys get put on the DL. (Besides players that I did manually)
I know JWDixon tested multiple sim seasons and he found that 7 (I believe) worked well. I am in the middle of April in my franchise and I get notified on MLB only injuries. I get an injury notification about once every other day from a team. But it is usually a day to day injury. I probably have seen about 3-4 2 week injuries and 1 3 month injury.

Braves Franchise

Old 04-25-2024, 03:36 PM   #504
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Just wanted to give an update. Steve and I have been kind of been testing different stuff. But we are going to stick with Version 3.0 with the power at 5.

It is very hard to determine the user hitting since we all have different skill levels and TV's and reaction times. For those that are not seeing enough walks, you could lower CPU Strike Frequency or if you feel like you can read the pitch better by lowering pitch speeds you can. Sometimes, lowering the pitch speed is just as hard as raising it.

I play with QC on and one game I got 7 walks and the next game I got 1.
If using Version 2, should CPU Foul Freq be 0?

And Version 2 is AS or HOF hitting/HOF pitching correct?

Last edited by The Kid 24; 04-25-2024 at 03:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »