Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-30-2024, 12:49 PM   #529
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Just curious, does Quick Counts lead to more walks since you might only need 1 or 2 bad pitches to walk someone instead of 4? Or are the rates about the same?
Old 04-30-2024, 12:53 PM   #530
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Just curious, does Quick Counts lead to more walks since you might only need 1 or 2 bad pitches to walk someone instead of 4? Or are the rates about the same?
I think I get a few more walks. But I still get games that I don't walk any. It probably helps me get more walks when hitting than pitching.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-30-2024, 01:55 PM   #531
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
About the same to me. 99.9% of the time any 3-1 starting count will go 3-2 unless you really miss. Then 3-2 in my experience is very rare the cpu will lay off a would be ball four. The cpu will normally foul off 3-2 pitches until ball is put in play or they strikeout. I don't think we will ever issue enough walks unless they somehow fix cpu reading balls and strikes better idk. Just a different approach to 3 ball counts in general is needed. Like they will look at strike 3 on a 1-2 count, but 3-2 they refuse to lay off a single pitch.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 03:01 PM   #532
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
About the same to me. 99.9% of the time any 3-1 starting count will go 3-2 unless you really miss. Then 3-2 in my experience is very rare the cpu will lay off a would be ball four. The cpu will normally foul off 3-2 pitches until ball is put in play or they strikeout. I don't think we will ever issue enough walks unless they somehow fix cpu reading balls and strikes better idk. Just a different approach to 3 ball counts in general is needed. Like they will look at strike 3 on a 1-2 count, but 3-2 they refuse to lay off a single pitch.

Yeah, that's what I'm running in to. 3-2 is pretty much an automatic swing from the CPU. I wonder if this changes on Legend?
Old 04-30-2024, 06:56 PM   #533
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm running in to. 3-2 is pretty much an automatic swing from the CPU. I wonder if this changes on Legend?
Unfortunately not. Their plate discipline/approach is the same no matter the difficulty. PCI circle enlarging is really all that happens as you increase difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-30-2024, 09:54 PM   #534
Just started!

Great set of sliders. I'm really having a blast this year, maybe more than ever.

Here's what I noticed so far playing 25+ games with the Reds and realistic rosters :

Too many doubles and hard hit balls which got me to lower power and solid hits. The results I'm getting are a lot better. I'm still 1st in the league for doubles but the Reds are a fast team so I don't think it's a problem. Numbers are more realistic since the change and 2nd place may be 2 or 3 doubles behind me instead of 10+.

My main concern is with user strikeouts and batting averages. I don't strikeout nearly enough with your sliders on HOF.

I switched to Legend hitting for the past 5 games but I find it too unforgiving. There's a huge gap between Legend and HOF and no room for error. Now, I strikeout 10+ times per game and struggle to get more than 3-5 hits...

Any suggestions? Should I go back to HOF and try lowering timing or contact?

I really feel like I'm one step away from "slider perfection" here... User strikeouts are pretty much the only thing that I need sorted out.

Last edited by RadRobidoux; 04-30-2024 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:23 PM   #535
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRobidoux
Great set of sliders. I'm really having a blast this year, maybe more than ever.

Here's what I noticed so far playing 25+ games with the Reds and realistic rosters :

Too many doubles and hard hit balls which got me to lower power and solid hits. The results I'm getting are a lot better. I'm still 1st in the league for doubles but the Reds are a fast team so I don't think it's a problem. Numbers are more realistic since the change and 2nd place may be 2 or 3 doubles behind me instead of 10+.

My main concern is with user strikeouts and batting averages. I don't strikeout nearly enough with your sliders on HOF.

I switched to Legend hitting for the past 5 games but I find it too unforgiving. There's a huge gap between Legend and HOF and no room for error. Now, I strikeout 10+ times per game and struggle to get more than 3-5 hits...

I really feel like I'm one step away from "slider perfection" here... User strikeouts are pretty much the only thing that I need sorted out.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you are enjoying them. I would start off with lower your timing. I wouldn’t touch your contact or go below 5.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 10:47 PM   #536
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRobidoux

Pitch speed my friend!

“It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life” -Mickey Mantle

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »