Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 10:10 AM   #545
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish418
Is it still recommended to raise SP stamina up by ten in each series?
I do not do that, but I've heard it works pretty well if using QC. Personally I now play with cpu SP stamina slider at 9 and user at 7. Still rare to see anyone go past 5ip. Went 7ip with Hunter Greene and he was about done on stamina. 113 pitches or so but you really just have to ignore that if you're using quick counts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #546
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 HOF Simulation Sliders

HOF version 3 is set for me. I've been getting some tremendous games, lots of variety. Honestly probably most fun playing I've had in the series, and I'm flying through season one of Reds franchise. Currently 29-25 record, and I believe 2.5gb of 1st place Pirates. Cardinals in 2nd a couple games ahead of me, and we are set to play a 3 game series next.

Here is a photo of what my numbers look like after 37 games played (I only play first and last game of series). Now, not all 37 games were using version 3, 25-30 of them definitely were. Can kinda ignore user stats as I've adjusted more than cpu side, but I think I found my spot. Hitting is so personalized so hard to say what will work for someone. My BABIP is high cause I personally strike out too much lol.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-04-2024 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:32 PM   #547
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I do not do that, but I've heard it works pretty well if using QC. Personally I now play with cpu SP stamina slider at 9 and user at 7. Still rare to see anyone go past 5ip. Went 7ip with Hunter Greene and he was about done on stamina. 113 pitches or so but you really just have to ignore that if you're using quick counts.

Thanks for the info. I dont do QC and am usually patient at bat so the CPU SP is sometimes up to 50 pitches by the 3rd.

Last edited by Ish418; 05-03-2024 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 04:20 PM   #548
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish418
Thanks for the info. I dont do QC and am usually patient at bat so the CPU SP is sometimes up to 50 pitches by the 3rd.
Yeah, with QC, they and myself as well are nearly always 50+ by 3ip. Just one of those changes they made starting last year that was very unnecessary and caused pitch counts to inflate super high.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:20 AM   #549
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Still following this thread, and finally got around to going ahead and "biting the bullet" and input the V3 set, I also downloaded Cycloniac's rosters and was able to get a few games in here and there, and all I gotta say is DAMN!! the game plays amazingly well.

I STILL haven't started my Dodger franchise yet though, as that damn DD has a serious hold on me...lol I never got into playing conquest but find myself playing that almost nonstop and grinding for cards...I finally finished up grinding for Bellinger...gotta break away from DD and get my franchise started though...lol

Just wanted to pop in and say great job on V3, and hopefully you are done "tinkering"...lmao
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-08-2024, 08:19 AM   #550
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

This is the least amount of "slider-itis" I've ever had with an MLB The Show game. The game, and this set are playing really well. I'm seeing more variety in games than I've ever seen before. Yesterday I got shutout 3-0 with only 2 hits and today I blow out the CPU 10-2.

I feel like pitcher confidence and hot and cold streaks really affect how a player preforms this year. More so than in past years.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:32 AM   #551
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
This is the least amount of "slider-itis" I've ever had with an MLB The Show game. The game, and this set are playing really well. I'm seeing more variety in games than I've ever seen before. Yesterday I got shutout 3-0 with only 2 hits and today I blow out the CPU 10-2.

I feel like pitcher confidence and hot and cold streaks really affect how a player preforms this year. More so than in past years.
I agree the variety has been off the charts good honestly. Final scores of my last 10 games: 7-3, 6-3, 2-1, 7-4, 6-4, 5-4, 7-3, 1-0, 1-0, and 9-5. Love I had two back to back 1-0 games to know it is possible to have those games.

I think pitcher confidence changed this year with how less effected it is by a base hit, homerun, or strikeouts. Years past, at least to me it seemed like the confidence meter would rise full way too fast. This year it looks like it is slower to rise. Could just be me. Could just be the balance of the game is that good where it does always feel realistic when confidence is full.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2024, 11:44 AM   #552
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I agree the variety has been off the charts good honestly. Final scores of my last 10 games: 7-3, 6-3, 2-1, 7-4, 6-4, 5-4, 7-3, 1-0, 1-0, and 9-5. Love I had two back to back 1-0 games to know it is possible to have those games.

I think pitcher confidence changed this year with how less effected it is by a base hit, homerun, or strikeouts. Years past, at least to me it seemed like the confidence meter would rise full way too fast. This year it looks like it is slower to rise. Could just be me. Could just be the balance of the game is that good where it does always feel realistic when confidence is full.

Your assessment of the pitcher confidence feels right. I feel like in past years the first 2 innings determined how the game was going to go. If a starter pitched well their confidence would be almost full and they would dominate the rest of the game. This years feels like you can still get to them even if they are cruising a long.

I also feel like in years past I would get so many games where there was scoring in the first couple innings and then a pitcher would settle in and it would be difficult to score runs in the middle innings until you got to the bullpen. I haven't seen many games like that this year. My line scores seem a lot more varied.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »