Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2024, 03:41 PM   #505
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
If using Version 2, should CPU Foul Freq be 0?

And Version 2 is AS or HOF hitting/HOF pitching correct?
We haven't done foul frequency at 0 on Version 2. But I'm sure it would work fine if you did. So it is your preference. You will see more balls land fair than foul.

And Version 2 is HOF hitting/pitching. But there are red numbers for User hitting for Allstar if you want.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 04:19 PM   #506
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I know JWDixon tested multiple sim seasons and he found that 7 (I believe) worked well. I am in the middle of April in my franchise and I get notified on MLB only injuries. I get an injury notification about once every other day from a team. But it is usually a day to day injury. I probably have seen about 3-4 2 week injuries and 1 3 month injury.
Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of day to day injuries as well but nothing that results in being put on the IL. I will give 7 and try and see how it works.
Old 04-25-2024, 05:24 PM   #507
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of day to day injuries as well but nothing that results in being put on the IL. I will give 7 and try and see how it works.
I simulate MLB games separately so I see all MLB injuries and help cpu call up players that makes most sense. A lot of day to day or 1-2 weeks injuries. I am in early May and I will count later, but my guess is less than 10 guys on IL. This is sim injuries at 5. I always felt 6 was really goodso I'll probably put it there. I know every year a couple teams max out on players possible on IL the game allows.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-25-2024, 09:03 PM   #508
Rookie

Redwings19c's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
That is weird about the sim stats. We don't look at the sim numbers. We just worry about the pitcher usage and complete games. No sliders should be affecting those numbers. Everybody has said and the consensus is that only the stamina, hook, and injury sliders matter when you sim.

But, a couple of years ago I remember reading Warmwind's slider thread. I believe it was in there and he had a post about the higher the stamina, the higher the ERA's are across the league. And the hook slider affected strikeouts or something. His slider thread from 2020 I believe is huge so that will take some time finding the post if it is in there. I believe it is.

For the walks, you could lower CPU strike frequency if you aren't using quick counts. I would start going down to 4 and see if that is better. I lowered the pitch speeds so I could read the pitches better and I can lay off more close pitches. When I would hit without quick counts, I would always take until I get a strike. Especially the first time around.

Oh, I see. I didn´t know that sliders had no impact on sim numbers. Good to know. Well, either some teams are just on a long hot streak or the 10 manager hook may have an effect. Do you still have it on 10? I actually am very satisfied, there were just 3 complete games, lots of pitchers leave in the 4th (lower rankings) or 5th (bad game).

Ok, thanks, I will go down with strike frequency, I will see, what it does. I don´t want to touch speed - it just doesn´t feel right, when it is too slow.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:31 AM   #509
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings19c
Oh, I see. I didn´t know that sliders had no impact on sim numbers. Good to know. Well, either some teams are just on a long hot streak or the 10 manager hook may have an effect. Do you still have it on 10? I actually am very satisfied, there were just 3 complete games, lots of pitchers leave in the 4th (lower rankings) or 5th (bad game).

Ok, thanks, I will go down with strike frequency, I will see, what it does. I don´t want to touch speed - it just doesn´t feel right, when it is too slow.
If you are seeing starters not getting the wine or going 5-7 IP when it looks like they should then let us know. Then10 would be too much and they are getting pulled too early.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-26-2024, 07:42 PM   #510
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

I was running multiple franchises with different teams and I accidentally deleted my Mets by mistake.

I didn't make a back up save !!! That was so stupid of me !!!

I have to start all over again.

I am totally bummed out.

I LEARNED MY LESSON FROM THIS.
I will always have multiple copies
Old 04-26-2024, 08:45 PM   #511
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach2.0
I was running multiple franchises with different teams and I accidentally deleted my Mets by mistake.

I didn't make a back up save !!! That was so stupid of me !!!

I have to start all over again.

I am totally bummed out.

I LEARNED MY LESSON FROM THIS.

I will always have multiple copies
Ouch! Yes always have two copies. I have one save says Reds gm 40. Then the other will say Reds gm 39, and just alternate saving other each other. Or saved as scout reminding me I haven't scouted yet cause I have in the past simmed past Sunday not thinking before I set scouting.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 10:27 PM   #512
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Ouch! Yes always have two copies. I have one save says Reds gm 40. Then the other will say Reds gm 39, and just alternate saving other each other. Or saved as scout reminding me I haven't scouted yet cause I have in the past simmed past Sunday not thinking before I set scouting.

Wow. That is a ingenious idea. You will always have a recent save available no matter what happens.

Bryan gave me the idea to save multiple profiles but I never did that with my franchise saves this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »