Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2024, 06:07 AM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Hi folks, apologies if this has been gone over before. I’ve had a little break from MLB the show. I’ve since went back to 23 with your slider set, and still having fun. I was thinking of upgrading to 24, just wondering what the general feeling is? Is 24 worth the upgrade? I see that the Franchise Fidelity to Reality rosters have been released (used them on 23), so I’m pretty tempted to make the jump. How are the sliders playing out? Cheers folks and keep up the good work.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:33 AM   #410
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 HOF Simulation Sliders

Also I'm regularly throwing like 70% strikes, is that too high?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2024, 09:47 AM   #411
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by barko26
Hi folks, apologies if this has been gone over before. I’ve had a little break from MLB the show. I’ve since went back to 23 with your slider set, and still having fun. I was thinking of upgrading to 24, just wondering what the general feeling is? Is 24 worth the upgrade? I see that the Franchise Fidelity to Reality rosters have been released (used them on 23), so I’m pretty tempted to make the jump. How are the sliders playing out? Cheers folks and keep up the good work.
I would make the jump. But I might be partial because I get the game every year. But the best way to describe it is this.

You will not see one MAJOR improvement or new feature that is not on 23. But you will see a LOT of small stuff added to the presentation and franchise that add up to something that I feel is worth it. Inside franchise mode, it shows you the top 20 prospects per team, top prospects per position, and the 100 top prospect list. Not major, but nice to have. You will see some more on-screen stat displays in the game and more presentation. So not big major improvements and it is your preference if it is worth starting over with.

I just played the Pirates in their home opener and they are 7-0. In the game intro, they mentioned how special it is to have a home opener being undefeated.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 09:49 AM   #412
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Also I'm regularly throwing like 70% strikes, is that too high?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
It is a little high to be every game. You'll get a good pitcher that will hit 70% when they are on. I would lower control and see if that helps. Consistency lowered might help as well but it will give them more meatball pitches.

Braves Franchise

Old 04-16-2024, 10:24 AM   #413
Rookie

Alright...loving the sliders but I think I may have way too much power. And I'm using the Giants so it really shouldn't be that much. The Giants now have 15 HRs in 8 games. I'm using v2.0 and directional hitting. When I get into a favorable hitters count I'm pushing up on the stick and crushing home runs. Maybe I need more of a sample size? In game 5 I was getting no-hit by Glasnow in the 5th and then he hung a curveball to Thairo Estrada and I hit a jack after a walk. Up 2-0. He got pulled the next inning and then I destroyed their bullpen and won 7-2. So there are definitely stretches I struggle to make contact. My batting averages are all low but my power is huge. I'm also playing on quick counts. Should I lower my power by one? Any suggestions?

I've been playing this game since '06 and finally went back to franchise after mainly playing RTTS and DD the past 7 or 8 years. Still loving this slider set along with the custom rosters suggested in here. Thanks for all the hard work!!
Old 04-16-2024, 11:26 AM   #414
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans5150
Alright...loving the sliders but I think I may have way too much power. And I'm using the Giants so it really shouldn't be that much. The Giants now have 15 HRs in 8 games. I'm using v2.0 and directional hitting. When I get into a favorable hitters count I'm pushing up on the stick and crushing home runs. Maybe I need more of a sample size? In game 5 I was getting no-hit by Glasnow in the 5th and then he hung a curveball to Thairo Estrada and I hit a jack after a walk. Up 2-0. He got pulled the next inning and then I destroyed their bullpen and won 7-2. So there are definitely stretches I struggle to make contact. My batting averages are all low but my power is huge. I'm also playing on quick counts. Should I lower my power by one? Any suggestions?

I've been playing this game since '06 and finally went back to franchise after mainly playing RTTS and DD the past 7 or 8 years. Still loving this slider set along with the custom rosters suggested in here. Thanks for all the hard work!!
I would try lowering power and raising contact. Hopefully that will even it out.

Braves Franchise

Old 04-16-2024, 12:00 PM   #415
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Orioles lost 2 out of 3 against the Royals after sweeping the Angels. We go on the road for the first road trip of the season and head to Pittsburgh who is 8-0 to start the year.

Game one:

KC 3 10 0
BAL 2 9 0

W- Seth Lugo ( 1 - 0 )
L- John Means ( 0 - 1 )
S- Will Smith ( 2 )

KC SP- Lugo 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 0.00 ERA
BAL SP- Rodriguez 5.2 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 4.76 ERA

KC HRs- Witt ( 1 )
BAL HRs- Witt ( 1 )

PofG- Seth Lugo W, 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 12 K

Notes -

Game two:

KC 6 14 1
BAL 5 9 1

W- James McArthur ( 1 - 0 )
L- Dean Kremer ( 0 - 1 )
S- John McMillon ( 1 )

KC SP- Lynch 3.0 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, 2 K, 12.00 ERA
BAL SP- Kremer 5.1 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 5.06 ERA

KC HRs- Massey ( 1 )
BAL HRs- None

PofG- Dairon Blanco 2 for 4 - 2B, 2 R

Notes - Jackson Holliday left the game with a torn calf. He is out for 2-3 months.

Game three:

KC 3 8 0
BAL 5 9 0

W- Corbin Burnes ( 1 - 0 )
L- Cole Ragans ( 0 - 2 )
S- Felix Bautista ( 2 )

KC SP- Ragans 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K, 7.00 ERA
BAL SP- Burnes 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1.54 ERA

KC HRs- Blanco ( 1 )
BAL HRS- Rutschman ( 1 ) Westbrook ( 3 )

PofG- Adley Rutschman 2 for 3 - HR, 3B, 2 RBI, R

Notes - Orioles promote Coby Mayo to replace Holliday and went 1-2 and a BB.

~~Injury news~~
Player Injury Expected Return
Mullins Shin Contusiiom Next week
Bradish Offseason shoulder surgery May
Holliday Torn Calf June/July

Up Next:

Pirates ( 8 - 0 , 1st NL Central , 0.0 gb ) @ Orioles ( 4 - 3 , 4th AL East , 3.0 gb )

Game one: Tyler Wells ( 1 - 0 ) 3.00 ERA vs Martin Perez ( 0 - 0 ) 10.80 ERA

Game two: Grayson Rodriguez ( 0 - 0 ) 5.40 ERA vs Jared Jones ( 1 - 0 ) 5.40 ERA

Game three: John Means ( 0 - 1 ) 4.76 ERA vs Marco Gonzalez ( 1 - 0 ) 2.70 ERA

Game four: Tyler Wells ( - ) ERA vs ( - ) ERA

Braves Franchise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 12:14 PM   #416
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

I’m going to try out Legend/Legend I think.

I’m using the hard version with the Royals and we’re doing a little too well. The schedule is so easy though it’s hard to gauge. (And the royals are playing well IRL)

I’m 22-5 and averaging 6.7 Runs a game, which would obliterate the modern day record. Pitching has been rolling along too. Bullpen has been untouchable.

But again, I’m facing the White Sox, Tigers, Mets etc.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now! (MLB 24)
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »