Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2024, 03:34 AM   #25
Rookie

Redwings19c's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Well, it is this time of the year again!

I'm really looking forward to your sliders again. I've been using it for two years now and especially in the last year (with the gameplay improvements) I've had many exciting and nerve-wracking hours with it.
Many games were so close to reality, situations where a double play or hit decided the win, my bullpen destroyed everything my starter had struggled to achieve, or when I was really nervous facing the heart of the lineup.

I won't play it until next week, but patches or roster changes won't make any franchise worthwhile for me until then. On top of that, I'm playing with real injuries and trades, meaning I'll wait until opening day anyway.

Because of Ohtani, I'm mostly playing the Dodgers this time. This is also a change because I usually win .500 or below with these sliders and an average team. At the end of the day, winning is more fun.

So thanks in advance! Keep it up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 09:33 AM   #26
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings19c
Well, it is this time of the year again!

I'm really looking forward to your sliders again. I've been using it for two years now and especially in the last year (with the gameplay improvements) I've had many exciting and nerve-wracking hours with it.
Many games were so close to reality, situations where a double play or hit decided the win, my bullpen destroyed everything my starter had struggled to achieve, or when I was really nervous facing the heart of the lineup.

I won't play it until next week, but patches or roster changes won't make any franchise worthwhile for me until then. On top of that, I'm playing with real injuries and trades, meaning I'll wait until opening day anyway.

Because of Ohtani, I'm mostly playing the Dodgers this time. This is also a change because I usually win .500 or below with these sliders and an average team. At the end of the day, winning is more fun.

So thanks in advance! Keep it up!
Glad you enjoy them. You will like 24. The Dodgers will be a fun team for sure to play with.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-16-2024, 10:26 AM   #27
Pro

So what’s the verdict? Cpu is better or about the same as 23? Do you need to compensate for their high strikeouts and lack of offence?
Old 03-16-2024, 10:40 AM   #28
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
So what’s the verdict? Cpu is better or about the same as 23? Do you need to compensate for their high strikeouts and lack of offence?
I think early on the cpu is a little more dangerous and harder to strikeout on 24. I did 10 test games that I tracked and their homeruns and extra bases were a little high and they averaged 8.5 K’s per game.

Braves Franchise

Old 03-16-2024, 12:19 PM   #29
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

4 seam fastballs are only effective if you keep them up in the zone and then every now and then sneak one in down low.

And even with that they had better have 95+ velocity on them.

Fastballs in the main part of the plate area get killed no matter how well you may try to place it.

You also have to change speeds as well. Changing speeds seems to be the kryptonite that gets the batters off balanced. But if you cant keep your breaking ball in the stirke zone you will fall behind in the count.

Very challenging situation from a pitching standpoint.

You have to have flame throwers coming out of your bullpen if you want to consistently close out games.
Old 03-16-2024, 12:30 PM   #30
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I updated the post with the sliders that I’m going to test for the next 10-15 games. More default based.

CPU with HOF pitching.

Power: 6 (would like to bring it down to 5)
Timing: 5
Solid Hits: 5

With user control and consistency at 5. And we are going to try more default fielder sliders.

Braves Franchise

Old 03-16-2024, 12:41 PM   #31
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I updated the post with the sliders that I’m going to test for the next 10-15 games. More default based.

CPU with HOF pitching.

Power: 6 (would like to bring it down to 5)
Timing: 5
Solid Hits: 5

With user control and consistency at 5. And we are going to try more default fielder sliders.
I agree with the 6's here. The default hitting is very good this year. All it takes is one misplaced fastball to see just how the CPU will punish mistakes.
Very pleased with the gameplay.

Everything is more balanced this year out of the box.

Lets hope that the first update doesn't ruin it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 04:22 PM   #32
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Finally got a chance to check these out, and what ya know, already revisions
I tested the original settings with cpu contact at 6 while power was at 5...the only other change I made was fielder speed I moved to 4 as well as fielder reaction to 4.

I then took my Dodgers to Anaheim to take on the Angels...and what I thought was going to be a nice solid beat down, the Angels hung tough but I was able to squeak out a 6-5 win in extra innings.

The Dodgers got off to an early 2-0 lead thanks to a 2 run bomb from Teoscar Hernandez and while it looked like the Dodgers were going to cruise in this one, that certainly was not the case.

Glasnow was sailing with 9 SO's, feeling he was starting to get a bit gassed, I pulled him in the 8th, then the damn Angels caught fire...lmao

It took everything I had to hold on to this one, they even had Trout at 3rd just waiting to come in and tie the game yet again, but it was not to be as the Angels flew out to left to end the game.

It's only 1 game so far, but what I'll probably do is not input the most recent changes quite yet, with the lower OF reaction and speed at 4, I thought everything played out real good.

Now I'm not saying I'm NOT going to make the changes, but I'll obviously play a few more games and see how it goes.

I do like that there aren't and drastic changes, and everything is "hovering" around default, that's a testament to a finely tuned game.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »