Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2024, 12:05 AM   #49
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

I will be starting my Mets franchise Friday.

Until then I will be playing spring training games and trying things out.

Friday it's gets real.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:47 AM   #50
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach2.0
I will be starting my Mets franchise Friday.

Until then I will be playing spring training games and trying things out.

Friday it's gets real.
Well, just in time for version 1. After a lot of testing, I am confident in this version 1. We’ll play a good 50 games with this set. Going to start a Braves franchise tomorrow. Might do an Astros franchise as well.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-19-2024, 02:06 AM   #51
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Version 1 is posted on the OP. I am confident in this set as it is not far from default. Nothing crazy. This is hitting and pitching on HOF using directional hitting and classic pitching.

Want to give a thanks to TC020791 for his help with the base of these sliders. He got me to test these at the end of MLB 23 and they worked very well. Did some minor tweaking to them on 24.

Human

Everything is default except for human pitcher consistency which is at 4 and SP stamina at 6.

CPU

Contact: 7 (this keeps the hit variety there and keeps then stabilizes their batting average.
Power: 5 (I have tried several games at 6 to try to make it work but they get so many line drive doubles and home runs and not enough singles. We almost need a 5.5)
Timing: 5
Foul Frequency: 5
Solid Hits: 5
SP Stamina: 6
RP Stamina: 5
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 5

Global
CPU Pickoffs: 5
Fielding Errors Infield: 5 (will look into this more)
Fielding Errors Outfield: 5
Throwing Errors Infield: 5 (will look into this more)
Throwing Errors Outfiekd: 2 (too many off-target throws coming back to the infield that miss the cut off man. You still get quite a few throws off target)
Fielder Run Speed: 5
Fielder Reaction: 5
Fielder Arm Strength Infield: 3 (goes with baserunner speed. You still see high rated IF have cannon throws)
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: 4
Baserunner Speed: 4 (would have loved to keep this at 5 but I kept seeing the runners try for doubles on groundball singles to CF where the fielder had to run up to the ball and would throw to 2nd when the runner was still half way to 2nd for an easy out. Probably saw that 5 times already this weekend)
Steal Ability: 5
Steal Frequency: 7
Injuries: 7 (but probably will go to 10 like we always do)
Sim Injuries: 5
Trade Frequency: 5

Braves Franchise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 03:19 AM   #52
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Version 1 is posted on the OP. I am confident in this set as it is not far from default. Nothing crazy. This is hitting and pitching on HOF using directional hitting and classic pitching.

Want to give a thanks to TC020791 for his help with the base of these sliders. He got me to test these at the end of MLB 23 and they worked very well. Did some minor tweaking to them on 24.

Human

Everything is default except for human pitcher consistency which is at 4 and SP stamina at 6.

CPU

Contact: 7 (this keeps the hit variety there and keeps then stabilizes their batting average.
Power: 5 (I have tried several games at 6 to try to make it work but they get so many line drive doubles and home runs and not enough singles. We almost need a 5.5)
Timing: 5
Foul Frequency: 5
Solid Hits: 5
SP Stamina: 6
RP Stamina: 5
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 5

Global
CPU Pickoffs: 5
Fielding Errors Infield: 5 (will look into this more)
Fielding Errors Outfield: 5
Throwing Errors Infield: 5 (will look into this more)
Throwing Errors Outfiekd: 2 (too many off-target throws coming back to the infield that miss the cut off man. You still get quite a few throws off target)
Fielder Run Speed: 5
Fielder Reaction: 5

Fielder Arm Strength Infield: 3 (goes with baserunner speed. You still see high rated IF have cannon throws)
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: 4
Baserunner Speed: 4 (would have loved to keep this at 5 but I kept seeing the runners try for doubles on groundball singles to CF where the fielder had to run up to the ball and would throw to 2nd when the runner was still half way to 2nd for an easy out. Probably saw that 5 times already this weekend)
Steal Ability: 5
Steal Frequency: 7
Injuries: 7 (but probably will go to 10 like we always do)
Sim Injuries: 5
Trade Frequency: 5
Hey bryan, glad to see V1 posted, kinds curious though...did you see something with leaving run speed and reaction at 5? I'm not questioning your method or anything I was just curious, when I tried your preliminary set and set these sliders to 4, I thought it played out real nice, I was able to get real good hot variety.

I'll definitely give these a shot as I know you know your stuff
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 03-19-2024, 08:51 AM   #53
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Just got done a short time ago, and man oh man what a game I had...lol

I input version 1 and played an exhibition game against the Padres, seeing as how these 2 teams are getting ready for the Seoul Series.

I went back to classic pitching as well, as I wanted ratings to dictate the outcome, and early on it wasn't looking to good...lol

The Padres jumped out to an early 2-0 lead on a 2 run shot, then in the next inning adding a single run to extend the lead to 3-0. That's where it would stay for the next 3-4 innings as the Dodgers couldn't get the bats going at all...that was until Outman started it off with a shot to LF giving the Dodgers their first run of the game.

Now trailing 3-1, Walker Buehler just wasn't getting into the groove and had to be pulled in the 6th already at about 98-99 pitches and feeling gassed.

The Dodgers then held the Padres scoreless the rest of the way, with the Dodgers pulling out the win with a Mookie Betts 3 run walk off shot in the bottom of the 9th, to give the Dodgers a 6-3 win.

I gotta admit I was a little hesitant when I seen the fielder reaction and speed at default, but it played out really good, so I won't question you ever again...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 03-19-2024, 10:29 AM   #54
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I went back and forth with 5 and 4 and didn't see too much of a big difference. It might be something we can look into as we test more games and get settled in to version 1.

I'm glad to see them hit home runs with the CPU power at 5 and not 6. That is why the human pitcher consistency is at 4 is to get them more meatballs.

Braves Franchise

Old 03-19-2024, 11:39 AM   #55
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I went back and forth with 5 and 4 and didn't see too much of a big difference. It might be something we can look into as we test more games and get settled in to version 1.

I'm glad to see them hit home runs with the CPU power at 5 and not 6. That is why the human pitcher consistency is at 4 is to get them more meatballs.
Yeah I don't think I would mess with the cpu power, with their contact at 7 the hit variety was really good (imo).
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 01:10 PM   #56
Rookie

Are you guys seeing errors with the fielding sliders at default? I’ve played 10 spring training games auto field auto throw and haven’t seen a single error for either team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »