Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #49
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I wish they gave us gear for the challenges instead of like a million xp we don't need. Rather earn xp from career mode tournaments. I want free gear and cosmetic stuff from these challenges. Especially these difficult ones.

The way it is I could care less about getting that 3rd star for just another 20k xp when I can get like 19k for 18 holes in career mode.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yes totally agree! Such a shame with all the great brands in the game!

Oh and PUT ALL THE GD GEAR, EVERY SINGLE PIECE IN THE STORE!!! So stupid how clothing, equipment change out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-04-2023, 01:04 PM   #50
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm currently on the Korn Ferry Tour. Been playing with pretty hard settings, sim + no swing or putt meter, shaping/diagonal swinging all my drives and short game shots (not bunker shots), not doing pick or flop unless it feels realistic. Only using a few of my skill points after each event, I have a ton unused. I plan to shape all shots once I get to the PGA Tour. Playing full rounds.

So far it's been fun. I was in contention for the entire US Amateur at Bandon Dunes, but messed up too much on the last round and ended up -2 overall, 2 back of the winner.

Q School was a struggle, Bay Hill with its tighter fairways and long rough surprised me. I went +6 after 2 rounds my first attempt, missed the cut by 4 strokes and had to retry. Second attempt with more skill points I played a lot better, fell back to +3 early in my first round but made the cut by 2 strokes and found myself under par for parts of the 3rd round, getting birdies was so rewarding and satisfying. Finished +3 overall, qualified for the KFT by a few strokes.

On the KFT I expected similar to Bay Hill but so far it's been different, higher attributes making the difference I think. 2 top 10s at Whistling Straits and Wolf Creek, I found myself in contention for parts of both and even led after 36 at Wolf Creek but over par final rounds killed my chances both times. On the 3rd tournament at Riviera, -6 and 3 back after 36 holes. 6th overall on the standings, should be able to safely qualify for the PGA Tour.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 05-04-2023, 01:07 PM   #51
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I wish they gave us gear for the challenges instead of like a million xp we don't need. Rather earn xp from career mode tournaments. I want free gear and cosmetic stuff from these challenges. Especially these difficult ones.

The way it is I could care less about getting that 3rd star for just another 20k xp when I can get like 19k for 18 holes in career mode.

The sponsor challenges give a fair bit of gear, if you don't want to earn Reward Points via the Tournaments that's probably your best bet. I enjoy Tournaments so I've been able to get a ton of RP and clothing from it, but I can understand and agree that we should have more gear available via career mode progress. It's unfortunate but this seems to be the way golf games in general are now.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 05:35 PM   #52
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1
The sponsor challenges give a fair bit of gear, if you don't want to earn Reward Points via the Tournaments that's probably your best bet. I enjoy Tournaments so I've been able to get a ton of RP and clothing from it, but I can understand and agree that we should have more gear available via career mode progress. It's unfortunate but this seems to be the way golf games in general are now.
Yeah I got an Addidas hat from sponsor challenge. Some glove from another too.
I don't mind doing those, and gear from those make sense. But it's still just so much xp that's not needed. I can get to level 50 probably in one full year in the PGA tour if I played all tournaments and full 18 holes. Especially now that I'm going to have tons of skill points unused. All that xp does nothing for me. Wish we could trade in skill points for gear. Just give us more stuff, not useless xp I can get somewhere else easier.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-04-2023 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:42 AM   #53
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Learned how to read greens without beads or grid now. Have to leave elevation on full though at least for me. It's honestly really the same difficulty as it was before, IMO.

So I played round one of the Wisconsin Open in the KFT and finished -2. Shot a solid 2 under on the front 9. A terrible tee shot on hole 10 gave me a bogey there. I birdied 13 and 16. But a God awful tee shot on the par three 17th had me in the deep rough hitting basically straight up. Missed the 27ft par but saved bogey there.

The leader is -6, so I'm a good ways back. I really have to make my birdie putts, and I'll be good. I'm going to grab the bronze power drive before round 2, which will be helpful for a few holes on this course.

Edit: turned green grids and beads back on. Longer putts there is just go way to know if it breaks back the other direction from how it starts. I can only know which way it will begin breaking. So it's going to be near impossible to make a long putt with them off.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:35 AM   #54
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

I’ve started a new Career and I shot +10 after the first round starting the Amateur circuit. The drama is back again!

I’m like 60% hitting the fairway instead of being 99% like before. But I’m enjoying the game more now that my Golfer isn’t OP with the skill points applied.

Also I’m using 3 Click and it’s hard getting perfect-perfect as I almost miss right/left and/or over/under power 99% or my drives now.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:21 AM   #55
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Headed into the final round of the Wisconsin Open in the KFT. I am 9 under and in a 3 way tie for second. Leader is -13 so doubt I can win unless they have a massive collapse and I shoot at least a 67 or better.

So far shot a 70, 68, and 69 in the three rounds. Frustrating end to round three however. I was at -11 and bogeyed holes 17 and 18 to finish. That 17th hole at Whistling Straits is no joke. I've not hit a GIR yet and bogeyed two of three rounds. A fun, challenging course that's not too hard but not easy either.

I'm teeing off right before the leader so we will be able to see how it goes. Sammy Young about to choke as I come in and put together a clutch final round performance.

Finding that having bronze power drive isn't OP at all. Leaving drive accuracy at 2 creates a good balance of hitting it far while increasing dispersion on the power drive shot. This skill may be able to power down to 0 if my FIR% are too high after so long. I've hooked one a couple times in the bunkers and heavy rough.

3 click is very good and balanced. If I under/over swing, miss left or right it's completely on me. I definitely get frustrated but in a good way that I don't feel cheated.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 10:48 AM   #56
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Headed into the final round of the Wisconsin Open in the KFT. I am 9 under and in a 3 way tie for second. Leader is -13 so doubt I can win unless they have a massive collapse and I shoot at least a 67 or better.

So far shot a 70, 68, and 69 in the three rounds. Frustrating end to round three however. I was at -11 and bogeyed holes 17 and 18 to finish. That 17th hole at Whistling Straits is no joke. I've not hit a GIR yet and bogeyed two of three rounds. A fun, challenging course that's not too hard but not easy either.

I'm teeing off right before the leader so we will be able to see how it goes. Sammy Young about to choke as I come in and put together a clutch final round performance.

Finding that having bronze power drive isn't OP at all. Leaving drive accuracy at 2 creates a good balance of hitting it far while increasing dispersion on the power drive shot. This skill may be able to power down to 0 if my FIR% are too high after so long. I've hooked one a couple times in the bunkers and heavy rough.

3 click is very good and balanced. If I under/over swing, miss left or right it's completely on me. I definitely get frustrated but in a good way that I don't feel cheated.

I have my power at 0, since any skill points added in this branch will have you as the leader in drive distance if you care for that stat.

Btw loving your suggestion on having the Recovery at 0, this is a game changer for me since I really feeling the punishment now if my ball lands in the sand or even in the rough now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »