Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2023, 05:25 PM   #17
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

I think I've got mine on 75, seems pretty good. If I play well I'll be contending, if not I'll miss the cut or just scrape in for the weekend.

Could have won at Quail Hollow, went 71, 69, 65, took the lead on the 10th hole of the last round, then promptly made three bogeys to finish 7th I think 🤔
Old 04-29-2023, 12:41 AM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

So 75 gave -8 round at Augusta. Couple -7. I finished -2. Does that -7, 8 score reflect real life?

Edit: real life -12 won and -8 was 2nd so I think AI difficulty at 50 is most realistic. I need to make it more difficult somehow for me maybe. No specs yet and I can shoot -2 with a double bogey at the 6th hole doesn't feel right.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-29-2023 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-29-2023, 01:06 AM   #19
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
So 75 gave -8 round at Augusta. Couple -7. I finished -2. Does that -7, 8 score reflect real life?

Edit: real life -12 won and -8 was 2nd so I think AI difficulty at 50 is most realistic. I need to make it more difficult somehow for me maybe. No specs yet and I can shoot -2 with a double bogey at the 6th hole doesn't feel right.

I left mine at 50 and playing the Korn Ferry playoffs while I’m ranked 8th overall. I think if I maintain my pace and be in the Top 30, I’ll get my PGA Tour card finally!
Old 04-29-2023, 02:04 AM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I left mine at 50 and playing the Korn Ferry playoffs while I’m ranked 8th overall. I think if I maintain my pace and be in the Top 30, I’ll get my PGA Tour card finally!
What are your settings? What would you recommend doing to make it a tad more difficult? I do use 3 click and will not go to the sticks. Love 3 click, and truthfully not that easy for me. I mess up my under/over swings and miss left and right a good amount.

Old 04-29-2023, 10:28 AM   #21
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
What are your settings? What would you recommend doing to make it a tad more difficult? I do use 3 click and will not go to the sticks. Love 3 click, and truthfully not that easy for me. I mess up my under/over swings and miss left and right a good amount.

I am using 3-Click as well! I turned off that aiming line on and playing on Tour (Custom). My guy is at 41 level as well. Yeah I’m a newbie so I don’t find the game as easy as some here and enjoying the difficulty. I’ve only won one major in Banff during my Korn Ferry Tour and hoping to make the PGA Tour this time around, it’s my 3rd try!

Last edited by tcnumba10; 04-29-2023 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2023, 12:56 PM   #22
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I am using 3-Click as well! I turned off that aiming line on and playing on Tour (Custom). My guy is at 41 level as well. Yeah I’m a newbie so I don’t find the game as easy as some here and enjoying the difficulty. I’ve only one the one major in Banff during my Korn Ferry Tour and hoping to make the PGA Tour this time around, it’s my 3rd try!
Yeah I turned aim arc off, putt read off. Aim at cup for putts. Basically only thing I left on is zoom. I think a lot of the easiness is the game itself. No penalties for bad lies is broken. If playing with a AI playing partner they never use pick shots and screw up every bunker shot. And will miss less than 1 foot putts lol.

It's a very fun game nonetheless! A few patches and it could be a great game

Old 05-03-2023, 12:06 PM   #23
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

I love how the commentators talk about how you did previously in the last tournament. Not sure how they programmed it but it’s very personal and immersive imo.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:20 PM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Well I think I finally am figuring out a personal difficulty level for me! I won amateur championship with a -10 score. Won by just two strokes but wasn't that close cause I was -12 to begin 18. Just a really bad ending hole for me.

The Masters was bad. +5 in round one. I just withdrew after 9 holes into round two lol. Didn't even attempt the US Open.

Now onto Q-school at Bay Hill. Round one was very up and down, but with two really bad holes I finished +4. Time for round two next where I'll have to play well to make the cut which is projected at +2. An uphill battle to qualify for the Korn Ferry Tour at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »