Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2023, 07:28 PM   #25
Slap Hitter

drtrix's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Well I think I finally am figuring out a personal difficulty level for me! I won amateur championship with a -10 score. Won by just two strokes but wasn't that close cause I was -12 to begin 18. Just a really bad ending hole for me.

The Masters was bad. +5 in round one. I just withdrew after 9 holes into round two lol. Didn't even attempt the US Open.

Now onto Q-school at Bay Hill. Round one was very up and down, but with two really bad holes I finished +4. Time for round two next where I'll have to play well to make the cut which is projected at +2. An uphill battle to qualify for the Korn Ferry Tour at this point.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
What settings did you settle on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2023, 09:18 PM   #26
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrix
What settings did you settle on?
Skill point wise this is where I am at now and my thinking on where I'll force max out at to not be OP. Absolutely NO specs. Those IMO are for online play only. I would suggest creating a separate guy for career mode, and another to use for online play maxed out with specs 99 overall etc.

Driving:

Power 4...need 5 to get power drive shot but don't think that is necessary tbh. Undecided if I get that or not.
Accuracy 2...max amount I'll go. Might power down if my FIR% are too high once I get through a season and see the rankings for that.

Approach:
Accuracy 6...I will max out at 7 here.
Control 7...max amount I'll go. Don't want or need gold finesse and knock down shots.
Recovery 0...until they patch in lie penalties to work properly I won't touch this. I can see going to 5 for bronze hack shot once fixed.

Short Game: MAXED OUT
Accuracy 6...max amount I'll go
Control 3...max amount I'll go here
Recovery 0...until they fix lie penalties this is locked in at 0. This allows for lie penalties to occur now around the greens.

Putting 3...max amount I'll go just for bronze texas wedge.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-04-2023 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:20 PM   #27
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Q school round 2 I shot a -4 and back to even par so we made the cut. Looking good for top 40 qualification for Korn ferry tour. Another round like this and can be in contention to win this tournament. Leader is -6 headed into the weekend. I do play all 18

Old 05-03-2023, 10:46 PM   #28
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Finished 9th at Bay Hill in Q School finishing with even par. Rounds of 76, 68, 71, and 73. Final round front 9 was a disaster going +3. Pulled it together on the back 9 shooting -2. I bogeyed hole 2 all four rounds lol. That par three I could never get a GIR.

Onto the Korn Ferry tour next!

Old 05-03-2023, 11:00 PM   #29
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Finished 9th at Bay Hill in Q School finishing with even par. Rounds of 76, 68, 71, and 73. Final round front 9 was a disaster going +3. Pulled it together on the back 9 shooting -2. I bogeyed hole 2 all four rounds lol. That par three I could never get a GIR.

Onto the Korn Ferry tour next!

I’m on the PGA Tour now with my guy at the 44 Level and I am finding some tournaments too easy now (finished -32 after 4 rounds and won the Waste Management Open) Could be because my guy is too OP or that the course is generally easy.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:40 PM   #30
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I’m on the PGA Tour now with my guy at the 44 Level and I am finding some tournaments too easy now (finished -32 after 4 rounds and won the Waste Management Open) Could be because my guy is too OP or that the course is generally easy.
Probably combination of both too OP and course is easy. It definitely seems like you have to power down significantly to be fair and balanced with the AI. And that includes no specs used. You can increase their score difficulty but that gives super unrealistic scores that look weird IMO.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-03-2023 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:58 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now I've settled into it I'm finding this the best golf game in my long experience. There are faults but like many others I've created house rules which keep the difficulty about where I want it. For instance I rarely use the too easy shots like flop and pick, I keep driving accuracy low (2 skill points), I don't have any recovery skill points to make rough and bunkers a bit unpredictable and I use grids with no beads. If a course is easyish, like Scottsdale, I put AI scoring at 100%. After about 7 tournaments I've had one top ten and no wins. Two missed cuts. I've just played the Players at Sawgrass where I had rounds of 71,69,70 and 74 for a 22nd place finish. I freely admit that I have never been more than average at golf games, so that's a factor to consider in my results.

Overall I'm finding the game very immersive and think the commentary is excellent, so far not too repetitive. I have to think about shots and it's certainly not just aim and shoot (or whatever the expression is). I'm using controller which I prefer to the too easy 3 click. Looking forward to more patches from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 06:50 AM   #32
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
Now I've settled into it I'm finding this the best golf game in my long experience. There are faults but like many others I've created house rules which keep the difficulty about where I want it. For instance I rarely use the too easy shots like flop and pick, I keep driving accuracy low (2 skill points), I don't have any recovery skill points to make rough and bunkers a bit unpredictable and I use grids with no beads. If a course is easyish, like Scottsdale, I put AI scoring at 100%. After about 7 tournaments I've had one top ten and no wins. Two missed cuts. I've just played the Players at Sawgrass where I had rounds of 71,69,70 and 74 for a 22nd place finish. I freely admit that I have never been more than average at golf games, so that's a factor to consider in my results.

Overall I'm finding the game very immersive and think the commentary is excellent, so far not too repetitive. I have to think about shots and it's certainly not just aim and shoot (or whatever the expression is). I'm using controller which I prefer to the too easy 3 click. Looking forward to more patches from EA.
That's awesome stuff! Maybe it's just me but I overswing, overswing, miss left and right a fair amount using 3 click. I have swing difficulty on normal and putting difficulty on hard. Tried swing difficulty hard and it was not fun at all. Couldn't even hit fairways lol.

I'm really loving the game right now. But with playing all 18 holes each round I find playing any more than 2 rounds in a session is not a good idea. I lose focus and make a lot of poor shots.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-04-2023 at 06:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »