Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2023, 11:01 AM   #57
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I have my power at 0, since any skill points added in this branch will have you as the leader in drive distance if you care for that stat.

Btw loving your suggestion on having the Recovery at 0, this is a game changer for me since I really feeling the punishment now if my ball lands in the sand or even in the rough now!
I didn't know that about the power and drive distance. Guess I haven't gotten far enough ever yet to see any stats. Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably power that back down then if I see that's the case. Although I wouldn't mind being #1 in that category so long as I'm not leading by a ton of yards. Doesn't really hurt me in the long run anyway.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:05 AM   #58
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I didn't know that about the power and drive distance. Guess I haven't gotten far enough ever yet to see any stats. Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably power that back down then. Doesn't really hurt me in the long run anyway.

Yeah you can check the stats in career mode and see how you rank among the field in different categories. Before I restarted my career I had one skill point in Power and I was on top of the leaderboard in regards for driving distance lol.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:09 AM   #59
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I really am loving this game now. Every good or bad shot is totally reliant on my judgment of setting up each shot. Then my execution of the shot using 3 click. If it's a poor shot I do get frustrated, but knowing that it's completely on me makes it the enjoyable type of frustration with a video game. I know the next round I need to play the approach shot or that drive off tee differently.

It just makes for a very immersive game now. One round I birdie a hole easily. The next I am struggling for a par save, or I flat out bogey the hole. Pin location changing each round plays a part as well which just makes playing all 18 a great way to play.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:12 AM   #60
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Yeah you can check the stats in career mode and see how you rank among the field in different categories. Before I restarted my career I had one skill point in Power and I was on top of the leaderboard in regards for driving distance lol.
That's just ridiculous that EA would make you so OP from the start lol. The game is a full arcade golf game when level 50 and all gold shot types. It's pretty insane really to think about. They really have no business promoting this game as simulation golf.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:16 AM   #61
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
I really am loving this game now. Every good or bad shot is totally reliant on my judgment of setting up each shot. Then my execution of the shot using 3 click. If it's a poor shot I do get frustrated, but knowing that it's completely on me makes it the enjoyable type of frustration with a video game. I know the next round I need to play the approach shot or that drive off tee differently.

It just makes for a very immersive game now. One round I birdie a hole easily. The next I am struggling for a par save, or I flat out bogey the hole. Pin location changing each round plays a part as well which just makes playing all 18 a great way to play.

Same here! When I first got the game it felt incredible but then it got too easy and stale as soon as I levelled up my golfer with all the skill points too much. I was constantly winning tournaments by double digits and every shot was near perfect. Even hitting the ball from the sand or rough had no consequences.

But now that I’ve restricted my skill points and capped my golfer, that same “new” feeling is back again. The game feels more realistic and every miss shot is totally on me. I’m actually not able to hit the ball on every fairway now because of my own timing (mistakes).

I truly feel now that I’m myself, a pedestrian playing the courses against Pros instead of being a superhuman golfer who wipes out the competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #62
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
That's just ridiculous that EA would make you so OP from the start lol. The game is a full arcade golf game when level 50 and all gold shot types. It's pretty insane really to think about. They really have no business promoting this game as simulation golf.

It’s funny you say that because I posted something similar on Reddit about limiting your skill points so that your golfer doesn’t become too OP and I received a ton of black lash saying if we want to be scoring -70 we should! Goes to show that the majority of the crowd who plays expects this to be an arcade golf game…
Old 05-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #63
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
It’s funny you say that because I posted something similar on Reddit about limiting your skill points so that your golfer doesn’t become too OP and I received a ton of black lash saying if we want to be scoring -70 we should! Goes to show that the majority of the crowd who plays expects this to be an arcade golf game…
Luckily the game allows us to limit ourselves or be as OP as we want to be. The attributes I kinda look at as sliders for the game in a way lol. But I can't hate on those players who want to shoot -70 so long as I am able to create a balanced character somehow. I remember over 10 years ago with TW golf, loving to use the arcade power spin and changing ball direction by spamming the x button mid flight lol. They actually have that option still which is wild for 2023.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:29 AM   #64
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Luckily the game allows us to limit ourselves or be as OP as we want to be. The attributes I kinda look at as sliders for the game in a way lol. But I can't hate on those players who want to shoot -70 so long as I am able to create a balanced character somehow. I remember loving to use the arcade power spin and changing ball direction by spamming the x button mid flight lol. They actually have that option still which is wild for 2023.

I agree, that the skill points act like gameplay sliders like in Madden, NHL, 2K. I just find it funny that the majority on the Reddit community seems to play PGA Tour more of an arcade style than Sim and would criticize anyone otherwise. Hope EA don’t value the arcade players opinion over the Sim players.

I wonder if this is the reason that bunker shots and shots from the rough doesn’t make a difference if you have a skill point in recover… so that the Arcade players don’t get too frustrated in there lol

Last edited by tcnumba10; 05-05-2023 at 11:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »