Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2023, 11:56 AM   #65
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

My last tournament before the US Open was at Liberty, shot 69, then 64 and 63 to lead by seven shots going into the final round.

BUT...

After a decent front 9 of 1 under in the final round, I was still 6 shots ahead of Tony Finau, but the back nine was diabolical.

Hit a stinger into the water one one hole, three putted another and double bogeyed one of the par 5s.

Went into the last three holes even with Finau at -16. Birdied the 16th to retake the lead, followed by a sloppy par at the 17th.

Drive down the left hand side of the fairway on the 18th, making sure to be as far away from the water as possible. Thought it would hit a high fade into the green to try to get it to stop and overshot the green completely.

Coupled with a pretty shoddy pitch shot, it left me needing to drain an 11 footer for the tournament, and it just crept in for my 4th win of the season and the first since I increased the difficulty just before the Masters.

I don't think I've ever played Brookline before so this US Open is going to be fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 12:18 PM   #66
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Well I finished tied for 3rd in the first KFT event. Rounds of 70, 68, 69, and 70. I started the final round with two birdies and was one shot back of the lead. Only to then bogey holes three and four lol.

A couple more bogeys on the back 9 along with three birdies and I ended the day -2. Finished with score of -11. Second place Duane Rogers with -12, and Sammy Young wins the Wisconsin Open with a score of 15 under. Melvin Jimenez shoots a 66 in the final round to finish -11 with me. But too little too late for him.

Next is the Desert Championship at Wolf Creek, which I hear is a nightmare course so oh joy!

I did power down my power skill to 2. Ran out of reward points to go any lower. But I see already with average drive distance I'm going to be way ahead of everyone. I'm good with leading, but try to get it to be no more than 10 yards average lead if I can.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:11 PM   #67
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Wolf Creek is the dumbest course ever. Not super difficult, but just the dumbest holes with severe elevation every single shot. It's not fun to play. Going to withdraw from that and quick play any time I have to play there. Looks like a created course. Can't believe that's real lol.

Down to just 9th in KFT rankings after withdrawing. Oh well. I don't need the xp so don't even care. I'd take a week to play 4 rounds there cause it's just that bad.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:30 PM   #68
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Since I found a balance for difficulty I felt like I could go back to quick play. I'll do that unless a Major or playoffs. What's great is your character's overall doesn't seem to effect or matter what they do in simulated holes.

So we finished week 3 of the KFT. A par 71. We shot rounds of 70, 68, 66, and 72. I entered round 4 ready to play the final 5 holes at -8. Only one shot back of the co-leaders. Unfortunately I couldn't clutch up and bogeyed 15. I birdied 18 though at least and we finished 4th. We are still 9th in the KFT rankings nearly 300 points behind. Easily qualified for the playoffs where I'll play all 18 again.

Up next is the Florida Open at TPC Sawgrass which will be fun!

Old 05-05-2023, 09:52 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but this is only happening to me in career mode. In between holes I get “swirling blue ring” of the auto save function and it takes a long time to resolve. My internet connection is strong, Xbox Live and EA servers appear to be okay. Is this a situation where I should uninstall and reinstall the game? It takes a solid 3 minutes for the rings to disappear and autosave to finish on each hole. Frustrating.

Otherwise, really enjoying the game.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:00 PM   #70
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but this is only happening to me in career mode. In between holes I get “swirling blue ring” of the auto save function and it takes a long time to resolve. My internet connection is strong, Xbox Live and EA servers appear to be okay. Is this a situation where I should uninstall and reinstall the game? It takes a solid 3 minutes for the rings to disappear and autosave to finish on each hole. Frustrating.

Otherwise, really enjoying the game.
I haven't experienced or heard of that happening before. Maybe try to delete the game data? But that will cause you to lose your saved career. Try deleting game and reinstalling first since that won't delete your progress.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:13 PM   #71
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

I’m having too much trouble with the performance of my golfer so I’ve decided to change my house rules so that I can apply skill points to my golfer obtaining silver instead of bronze but not gold traits. Hopefully this helps me get through Q school since I’ve been stuck and having to repeat it lol

Still keeping Power and both Recovery at 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 11:18 PM   #72
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I’m having too much trouble with the performance of my golfer so I’ve decided to change my house rules so that I can apply skill points to my golfer obtaining silver instead of bronze but not gold traits. Hopefully this helps me get through Q school since I’ve been stuck and having to repeat it lol

Still keeping Power and both Recovery at 0
I have silver for the finesse and knock down shots. Approach accuracy and control do need to be fairly high still to be competitive lol. I have approach accuracy at 6 and control at 7 if that helps you.

I am with you now on power at 0. Absolutely no need to go further. We can use overswings to get more distance. Even at 0 I was still banging 300yd+ drives.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-05-2023 at 11:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »